Alternative to TriTone Digital RecallTone?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know of an alternative plugin to TriTone Digital RecallTone? It was a really useful plugin for storing pictures and info of outboard gear settings but conveniently saved within a session using the plugin.

https://www.kvraudio.com/product/recall ... ne-digital

TriTone Digital's website seems to have disappeared.

Cheers,

luke_

Hmm... it seems it stores pictures of hardware, Sysex and Midi for some kind of "total recall"?
Tritone is unfortunately gone since a long time, there are announcements for updated versions but IMO they stopped with this development some years ago.

Do you need this for special hardware or a synth?
There are synth library editors available (eg MidiQuest) which can be used inside the DAW as a plugin for this "Total Recall" thing. But with my experience some years ago, it was a bit unstable (there is a trial/demo available so you can test it by yourself).
I use the VirusCommander which is for the Virus synth (A/B/C/XL) and I've used a NordLead editor (Rekon) both can be used as a programmer for this synth and for the "total recall" and to transmit or receive a patch (or all patches) to and from the external hardware.

But if your DAW supports recording of Sysex, you don't really need such tools (except if you need a librarian/programmer). I always reserve some bars at the start of the project, where I record the Sysex of the hardware. So it's easy to restore all settings if needed (this works for me with Cubase).

Thanks for the reply and for your suggestions. It's such a shame they've disappeared as the software was great. I have a project coming up which is using a lot of old gear including analog drum machines and especially guitar stomp boxes and the ability to save pictures of the settings to include with the recordings would be very useful down the track.

I did actually own a licence for RecallTone and used it quite some time ago but didn't have much use for it for a long time. In the interim there was likely to be a few software updates to the product and also the demise of the company.

luke_

Return to “Effects”