Vengeance Producer Suite - AVENGER - 1.8.5 the main thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Avenger

Is there, or will there ever be Lua scripting inside Avenger? Having midi processing inside the synth is so powerful, HALion, Falcon...
"and the Word was Sound..."
https://www.youtube.com/user/InLightTone

The idea being that if you clicked a button (arrow, whatever), the Avenger window itself would extend the width of the window to the right
some people already complain, that the GUI is too big. We will not do any slides, which extend the GUI size
But what we planned is, to extend the ModMatrix via extend-button inside the existing GUI oder the Filter and Amp section, the full right side. The discussion to do it inside the preset browser is still on the table, but I am still a bit uncomfortable with the look, when havin it in the upper left corner.
Something else, please add more Macro knobs, maybe make the keyboard ridable and instead show more macro knobs
I don't think this will happen. We currently have 3 knobs, 2 buttons, a pitch and a modwheel to assign in every preset. When releasing an expansion, assigning them with cool stuff already takes almost longer than the actual preset design. Many other 3rd party sound designers, not even bother to assign the already existing macros completely.
Is there, or will there ever be Lua scripting inside Avenger?
nope, not planned at the moment
I think it might be a great thing to have a 2 level tab navigation and that the whole left column is used.
not liking this idea, sorry. I think the Effects area is too important, it must be there permanently. Furthermore there is no need for a full height preset browser / category tabs

The browser is about the only real estate that isn't necessary when sound designing and could be hidden as fast as I am concerned.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

msvs wrote:
The idea being that if you clicked a button (arrow, whatever), the Avenger window itself would extend the width of the window to the right
some people already complain, that the GUI is too big. We will not do any slides, which extend the GUI size
But what we planned is, to extend the ModMatrix via extend-button inside the existing GUI oder the Filter and Amp section, the full right side. The discussion to do it inside the preset browser is still on the table, but I am still a bit uncomfortable with the look, when havin it in the upper left corner.
Something else, please add more Macro knobs, maybe make the keyboard ridable and instead show more macro knobs
I don't think this will happen. We currently have 3 knobs, 2 buttons, a pitch and a modwheel to assign in every preset.
I think it might be a great thing to have a 2 level tab navigation and that the whole left column is used.
not liking this idea, sorry. I think the Effects area is too important, it must be there permanently. Furthermore there is no need for a full height preset browser / category tabs
Good answer, just liked to add me 2 cents , I am already happy with Avenger as it is, probably a bit faster GUI on Windows would be nice.

You have my full confidence, ok time to get back to avenger instead of writing text in a forum software .
Studio One, Logic
macOS
–– -
http://ansolas.de

msvs wrote:

Ok, thanks much for the response. Looking forward to whatever you guys decide :tu: :tu:

SLiC wrote:The browser is about the only real estate that isn't necessary when sound designing and could be hidden as fast as I am concerned.
+1

kokotte wrote:
SLiC wrote:The browser is about the only real estate that isn't necessary when sound designing and could be hidden as fast as I am concerned.
+1
+2. Waste of space, imho

exmatproton wrote:
kokotte wrote:
+1
+2. Waste of space, imho
+3 :)
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Another couple of cents, since everyone is throwing theirs in....

I very much like the preset browser as is, but that damn mod matrix has got to go somewhere. It seems most logical to have it as a 4th tab in that top LHS, even if on first glance it seems ill-fitting. Preset browsing I think has to be a different thing to patch building, there just isn't room to do both. If you put the mod matrix on that top left tab, it would keep the LFOs nice and clear, it's current shared space with the matrix is awkward. If there were a mode with more height to the matrix where it is, it would cover stuff you'd likely want to see - filter and amp - so that doesn't seem such a good option to me.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

billcarroll wrote:
exmatproton wrote:
kokotte wrote:
+1
+2. Waste of space, imho
+4.

At this point we could very well start a petition on change.org

sircuit wrote:
billcarroll wrote:
exmatproton wrote:
kokotte wrote:
+1
+2. Waste of space, imho
+4.

+1
Studio One, Logic
macOS
–– -
http://ansolas.de

I think everything is fine where it is. Still, I think it would be a good idea to add an extra macro knob and the ability to expand the customizable LFOs.

This is an amazing synth with a GUI that could use some real refinement and design work. The kind of work Lance Thackeray has done with Serum.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

ansolas wrote:
sircuit wrote:
billcarroll wrote:
exmatproton wrote:
kokotte wrote:
+1
+2. Waste of space, imho
+4.

+1
+1
Expanding them over the filter and amp section would be a big step backwards & very annoying as these are the modulation targets.
As said the browser is dead space when sound designing - using the top left means those that are mostly browsing need not be intimidated by the matrix and those that are mostly designing get the screen real estate put to good use

billcarroll wrote:
exmatproton wrote:
kokotte wrote:
+1
+1
Expanding them over the filter and amp section would be a big step backwards & very annoying as these are the modulation targets.
As said the browser is dead space when sound designing - using the top left means those that are mostly browsing need not be intimidated by the matrix and those that are mostly designing get the screen real estate put to good use
[/quote][/quote]

+1, I completely agree

aside from the ModMatrix issue, from the UI aesthetic, I think the GUI can be made wider than it currently is (since all displays are more wide than tall).

as a result there can be proper spacing for the elements that are located in the center region where the main workflow is focused: oscillators, sequencer, etc. because at the moment the knobs/controls/grids etc. are cramped; in summary: making the center region wider may make the synth more pleasing on the eyes.

also as others mentioned, the tabs are too small;

anyways, the synth packs superb functionality as it is, but there can be major improvements in terms of usability, UI design.

Return to “Instruments”