map vst parameters to controller knobs

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I've mapped some parameters to some knobs/faders of a vst (obxd ex.). In the project everything is working good, but why do I have to do it again in a new project where I insert the same vst?

Do I do something wrong? I suppose it's possible. So you don't have to map them over and over again to the knobs & faders

Save maybe?
Easily to overlook....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Nope doesn't help.

Maybe i'm not clear enough. If I make a device page and save it, I can make a new project and the parameters are again visible from the device page. The thing is. I have to remap them again to the faders and knobs of my keyboard(maudio axiom 49) so I can change values by turning and moving the faders on my keyboard.

I don't think this behaviour is normal?
Ounce it's done for a vst you shouldn't have to do it again.

Probably I do something wrong.

tested again with empty project and polysynth.

Going to device page of the remote control editor. Mapping frequency and resonance to 2 sliders of my axiom keyboard.
It works. There is no possibility to save after mapping to the keyboard controller.

I open a new project, insert polysynth. Moving the sliders that were mapped to frequency and resonance. Nothing happens.
Have to do it over and over again.

If i save and close the project were i mapped frequency/resonance to the faders and reopen it. It works.
Apparently there's not possibility to map the parameters to keyboardcontroller and save with a device, so you don't have to do it over & over & over again in new projects. So if you setup new projects, first work is mapping everything again? That's a bummer and you lose lot's of time every time. That's makes it kinda useless...

Indeed it is unfortunate and we hope to see some improvement on this soon; however note that this is the way it historically works in some DAWs, and the workaround people use is to create large template projects.

Indeed, you could set up a deactivated group with a few dozen instruments ready to play, and cut & paste as needed.

I stumbled upon the same thing, did not find this thread before. Here is the new post: viewtopic.php?f=259&t=537009&p=7619719#p7619719

Any news about this issue?
Win10 64bit, Bitwig (newest), Studio One (newest), Push 2 and more

https://soundcloud.com/maurice-camplair

Return to “Bitwig”