Syntronik [update March 2018: New T-03 Bonus Content & 4-for-1 bass synth promo] available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik 1

Isn't it overcooked right now, is it?!?

martinjuenke wrote:Isn't it overcooked right now, is it?!?
We've stated Syntronik will be released in July from the get-go so it is still cooking at the appropriate rate :)

These "DNA" videos are interesting, but really need to see some videos about the software itself and how it works etc. before I can pre-order.

wagtunes wrote: But I can't help but wonder how many more sales they would have made if everybody could have demo'd it (even if for just 24 hours) before making their decision.
I believe that the total number of sales with a demo from day one would be lower. This is just based on the number of people in this thread that weren't able to see past the marketing and realize what this thing actually is. KVR is not the entire market for IK and, in general, I don't think that musicians are particularly tech savvy. So, their marketing works.

People largely buy based on feeling and excitement, not really on any kind of serious analysis.

If you can get it for $69, and you're on the fence, you should probably get it. Even with the license transfer fee if the regular price is so high you will probably be able to get your money back after it's released.

It is a ton of stuff really cheap from a company known for doing an decent job in this area. If you don't already have this area covered and / or are curious about a virtual museum of the way synths used to sound / the history of synths its the least expensive way to go about getting your hands on an emulation of history.
Yeah they are basically tweak-able presets, but that is fine if you just want a nice version of the sounds which is likely what the non-KVR part of the world wants. If you want some absolute virtual re-creation go make one. Reaktor is surprisingly programmable.

bigcat1969 wrote:It is a ton of stuff really cheap from a company known for doing an decent job in this area. If you don't already have this area covered and / or are curious about a virtual museum of the way synths used to sound / the history of synths its the least expensive way to go about getting your hands on an emulation of history.
Yeah they are basically tweak-able presets, but that is fine if you just want a nice version of the sounds which is likely what the non-KVR part of the world wants. If you want some absolute virtual re-creation go make one. Reaktor is surprisingly programmable.
No doubt. It's just one of those things that I think a lot of people here have well covered if they've been at it a while. Kontakt alone comes with a pretty substantial library of samples of vintage synths with about as much control as this IK product. I have boatloads of samples of vintage synths from all sorts of sources. People have been sampling these things for years because, before you could properly emulate them, that was the only way to get their character ITB.

I think that I paid something like $20 for Nostalgia back when Zerog had their group buy. Granted, that library is only 1.3GB so it's not deeply sampled but it does contain 4500 samples from about 100 or so different synths and beatboxes. I think I have another audio sample CD somewhere from back in the early 90s and, of course, there are just dozens if not hundreds of nks files littering my sample drive.

I wasn't trying to say anything other than I don't think that it's risky to buy it at $69 if you're on the fence and that I disagreed with Wags about the success of marketing without a demo. I think it will work fine for IK.

I do like deeply sampled synths that include really well done U/Is and detailed attempts to model the specifics. SonicCouture's Novachord is fantastic in that regard. Nobody is going to emulate that unless perhaps someone like Waves knows Phil Cirroco and makes the necessary commitment, so a deeply sampled instrument is really appropriate.

But modulars and TB303s? I don't see the point really. YMMV.

dbender wrote:These "DNA" videos are interesting, but really need to see some videos about the software itself and how it works etc. before I can pre-order.
+1

yeah. really cheesy tactics and bad made.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

dbender wrote:These "DNA" videos are interesting, but really need to see some videos about the software itself and how it works etc. before I can pre-order.
We will have more videos coming. Thank you for your interest.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
But will any walkthroughs turn up before the preorder phase is over?

I've bought the preorder as experience with the existing Moog-model filter in S3 and the existing instruments in Sampletank make me think this will be useful for me. But I have to say, for anyone on the fence, the reliance on teaser videos and lack of walkthrough does, to me, indicate an lack of faith on IK's part to let the instrument speak for itself.

Gamma-UT wrote:

I've bought the preorder as experience with the existing Moog-model filter in S3 and the existing instruments in Sampletank make me think this will be useful for me. But I have to say, for anyone on the fence, the reliance on teaser videos and lack of walkthrough does, to me, indicate an lack of faith on IK's part to let the instrument speak for itself.
Exactly. IK could have done these videos by now if they had wanted to. I was originally planning on buying this but the continued lack of videos seems suspicious to me and thus has made me not buy it.
Intentional or not, the impression is IK are deliberately not being forthcoming, and this has lost them at least one potential sale.

Gamma-UT wrote:

At this time, the instruments speak for themselves in the audio demos as well as the videos (including the DNA videos which have only audio from Syntronik and not from the actual synths themselves). Comparing to MODO BASS which had a lot more opportunity for videos of people playing it is a little different considering that environment is easier to have those videos done in virtually no time and not tying up people who are not hard at work making Syntronik the best possible instrument it can be.

I know that the additional videos have been discussed but I'm not sure about the timing of more videos. I'll see what I can do.
Last edited by Peter - IK Multimedia on Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oops hit quote instead of edit...

Since the NI Vintage Synths were mentioned and I have them as part of Komplete I thought I would take a look at how the two compare. Between the NI Factory Library and Vintage Synths Collection and this there is little overlap. All i noticed is the MiniMoog in both. Also NI seems to be heavier on Electric Pianos and Organs.

Alesis: IKM - Andromeda
Arp: IKM - 2600, String Ensemble
Arp: NI - Quadra
Crumar: NI - Roady, Orchestrator
Elka: IKM Rhapsody 490
Hammond: NI - F100
Horner: IKM - String Performer
Kawia: NI - K5000
Korg: NI - Mini Korg 700, PolySix
Logan: NI - String Melody II
Moog: IKM - Micromoog, Minimoog Model D, Modular Moog, Opus 3, Polymoog, Prodigy, Rogue, Taurus I, Taurus II, Taurus 3, Voyager, Multimoog
Moog: NI - MemoryMoog, MiniMoog
Oberheim: IKM - OB-X, OB-Xa, SEM
Oberheim: NI - 4 Voice, Matrix
PPG: IKM - Wave 2.3
Realistic: IKM - Concertmate MG-1
RMI: NI - 300B, 368
Rhodes: NI - Chroma
Roland: IKM - Juno-60, Jupiter-4, Jupiter-6, Jupiter-8, JX-10, JX-3P, JX-8P, RS-09 Organ/Strings, RS-505 Paraphonic,TB-303 Bassline
Roland: NI - EP-10, EP - 20, MKS-80 Super Jupiter
Sequential Circuits: IKM - Prophet-5, Prophet-10
Yamaha: IKM - CS-01II, CS-80, GX-1, SY99
Yamaha: NI - CP11, DX7, FS1R, TX81Z, Electone Organ, YC-30 Organ

Return to “Instruments”