Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

VariKusBrainZ wrote:[*]
GeorgeZ wrote:Hey VariKusBrainZ, is that the update from K8-10 (don't recall the exact "from" number, but I think it's K8) to 11?
I think so, I'd be updating from 9.

The JRR discount isn't enough to tempt me so I'm not bothering.
Fair enough I'd be jumping from K9 as well, but to be fair, only thing I'm after is R6, and that's just a novelty thing, really (I like the idea of Blocks, but I know in reality, I'll mess around with it for a bit and then just carry on with my old faves).

Sorry all, that went a bit OT.
Eternitysound VST Banks

Given the scope of this round of Waves discounts, I thought others might find some use from my list of the main bundles in this sale with the current Waves sale price shown (much bigger discounts at the resellers) along with the rrp in brackets:

Musicians 1 - $35 ($99) - doubler / metaflanger / renaissance axx / renaissance vox / supertap

Musicians 2 - $35 ($99) - doubler / renaissance axx / renaissance compressor / renaissance vox / super tap

V Series - 569 ($299) - v-comp / v-eq3 / v-eq4

Power Pack - $67 ($199) - c1 compressor / DeEsser / doubler / ir-l conv reverb / l1 ultramaximizer / q10 eq / renaissance axx / s1 stereo imager / supertap / trueverb

Vocal - $76 ($499) - Debreath / Doubler / renaissance axx / renaissance channel / renaissance DeEsser / waves tune

One Knob Series $76 ($249) - brighter / driver / filter / louder / phatter / pressure / pumper / wetter ($25 each in the sale - usually $49 each)

Signature Series Bass & Drums $76 ($399) - CLA bass / CLA Drums / Eddie Kramer Bass channel / EK Drum channel / JJP Bass / JJP Cymbals & Perc / JJP Drums / Maserati B72 / Maserati DRM

JJP Analog Legends $76 ($499) - Puigchild comp (fairchild 670) / PuigTec eqs (pultec EQP-1A+MEQ5)

renaissance max - $84 ($399) - IR-L conv reverb / renaissance axx / renaissance bass / renaissance channel / renaissance comp / renaissance DeEsser / renaissance eq / renaissance reverb / renaissance vox / waves tune LT

Transform - $84 ($299) - doubler / morphoder / renaissance axx / soundshifter / trans-x

h-series $84 ($599) - h-comp / h-delay / h-eq / h-reverb

tapes tubes and transistors $84 ($499) - kramer HLS channel / kramer master tape / kramer PIE compressor

Video Sound Suite = $84 ($399) - DeEsser / IR-L conv reverb / L1 ultramaximizer/ q10 eq / renaissance comp / w43 noise reduction

Signature series vocals - $84 ($399) - cla vocals / eddie kramer vocal channel / JJP Vocals / maserati vx1

genesis - $106 ($399) - c4 multi-band comp / h-delay / renaissance DeEsser / renaissance reverb

dave aude EMP $110 ($299) - c6 multi-band comp / element 2 VA synth / H-Delay / L3 multimaximiser / l3 ultramaximizer / mv2

masters - $118 ($549) - l2 ultramaximizer / linear phase eq / linear phase multi-band comp

morgan page emp $127 ($599) - h-delay / H-eq / L3-LL multimaximizer / L3-LL ultramaximizer / maserati vx1 / NLS non-linear summer / sound shifter / trueverb / vocal rider

dave clarke emp $127 ($599) - aphex vintage aural exciter / API 560 / dorrough stereo / kramer master tape / loAir / metaflanger / scheps 73 (neve 1073 eq)

cla classic comp $127 ($599) - CLA-2A / CLA-3A / CLA-76

silver $127 ($599) - too many to list: http://www.waves.com/bundles/silver
gold $169 ($799) - too many to list: http://www.waves.com/bundles/gold

GeorgeZ wrote:Hey VariKusBrainZ, is that the update from K8-10 (don't recall the exact "from" number, but I think it's K8) to 11?
Says 2-10 on NI's site.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

GeorgeZ wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:[*]
I think so, I'd be updating from 9.

The JRR discount isn't enough to tempt me so I'm not bothering.
Fair enough I'd be jumping from K9 as well, but to be fair, only thing I'm after is R6, and that's just a novelty thing, really (I like the idea of Blocks, but I know in reality, I'll mess around with it for a bit and then just carry on with my old faves).

Sorry all, that went a bit OT.
What's with you guyZ and your capital Z suffixes?

Makes me want to be antithesistZ... kidding!

If Reaktor 6 is really all you want, I'm pretty sure I saw that update/upgrade (whichever it is in this case) for $49.50.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

Any thoughts on the Soniccouture sale that started today and their products?

OneOfManyPauls wrote:Given the scope of this round of Waves discounts, I thought others might find some use from my list of the main bundles in this sale with the current Waves sale price shown (much bigger discounts at the resellers) along with the rrp in brackets:

Power Pack - $67 ($199) - c1 compressor / DeEsser / doubler / ir-l conv reverb / l1 ultramaximizer / q10 eq / renaissance axx / s1 stereo imager / supertap / trueverb

silver $127 ($599) - too many to list: http://www.waves.com/bundles/silver
gold $169 ($799) - too many to list: http://www.waves.com/bundles/gold
I have to say, when I was first starting out, I got the Native Power Pack, as it was known then, and it pretty much gave me everything I needed except pitch correction for a couple of years. I still use the q10 EQ somewhere on every song I do. The Silver and Gold are also great bundles when starting out.

antithesist wrote:If Reaktor 6 is really all you want, I'm pretty sure I saw that update/upgrade (whichever it is in this case) for $49.50.
Great price.

And updating to Kontakt 5 is the same price.

An excellent time to get up to date.

But I wonder if this means Kontakt 6 is imminent?

totheatom wrote:Any thoughts on the Soniccouture sale that started today and their products?
I'm having a hard time not grabbing something. I love their stuff, but it is different. I really want the Grand Marimba and the Box of Tricks...

I have the Xtended Piano - it makes a lot of great sounds that are different, including piano SFX, a bowed piano and muffled piano sound. I think there is plucked too. You can get a normal piano sound out of it, but it is not a great standard piano.

I have the Broken Wurli that has a really good Wurli sound, then you turn on the broken speaker and it gets really interesting.

I bought the Conservatoire Collection during the last sale and haven't really used it much. It is a lot of great sounding old time instruments. I just haven't had a song to use them in yet.

I also don't have the Hammersmith, but it has been on my list to get for a while. I just have way too many pianos. People that have it really love the sound.

The other great thing? They usually give you a free instrument along with your order. I don't know if you have to hit a certain price point though. I only have the Bowed Gamelon and the Wassolou Balafon. Can't remember which orders they went with.

Edit: The freebies came with products I bought direct from SonicCouture. The ones I bought through the sale on NI didn't give me the freebies.

Anyone have some thoughts on which Waves bundle is the best deal for someone without a lot of plugins? I like the look of Gold for ~$125, other waves plugins I'm looking at are the SSL-E and NLS. I have the Kush Omega N/A plugins, would those + bx_console be a better bet than SSL-E+NLS? I imagine I could get bx_console for $65 with an academic discount (missed the $130 sale earlier this year, it'll probably surface again later though).

hi, if anyone is interested in a coupon of 35% for waves sales please make me an offer. u can use it on bundles, but not on single plugins bundles.

u can get waves mercury for $1656.85 or waves Diamond for $386.1, which is a pretty crazy deal.

dzilizzi wrote:
totheatom wrote:Any thoughts on the Soniccouture sale that started today and their products?
I'm having a hard time not grabbing something. I love their stuff, but it is different. I really want the Grand Marimba and the Box of Tricks...

I have the Xtended Piano - it makes a lot of great sounds that are different, including piano SFX, a bowed piano and muffled piano sound. I think there is plucked too. You can get a normal piano sound out of it, but it is not a great standard piano.

I have the Broken Wurli that has a really good Wurli sound, then you turn on the broken speaker and it gets really interesting.

I bought the Conservatoire Collection during the last sale and haven't really used it much. It is a lot of great sounding old time instruments. I just haven't had a song to use them in yet.

I also don't have the Hammersmith, but it has been on my list to get for a while. I just have way too many pianos. People that have it really love the sound.

The other great thing? They usually give you a free instrument along with your order. I don't know if you have to hit a certain price point though. I only have the Bowed Gamelon and the Wassolou Balafon. Can't remember which orders they went with.

Edit: The freebies came with products I bought direct from SonicCouture. The ones I bought through the sale on NI didn't give me the freebies.
Great insight. Thanks!

If I already have Komplete 11 (not Ultimate), Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian, and Cinematic Studio Strings, which of their products would you most recommend to fill a gap in my library? Bit of a silly question, I know.

Numanoid wrote:
antithesist wrote:If Reaktor 6 is really all you want, I'm pretty sure I saw that update/upgrade (whichever it is in this case) for $49.50.
Great price.

And updating to Kontakt 5 is the same price.

An excellent time to get up to date.

But I wonder if this means Kontakt 6 is imminent?
I paid that a good few years ago, so probably not but here's hoping
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Hi Uncle E!

Sonarworks has a 70$ off deal, but I rather buy from JRR. Any deals coming?

Grtz, Ryan

totheatom wrote:
dzilizzi wrote:

Great insight. Thanks!

If I already have Komplete 11 (not Ultimate), Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian, and Cinematic Studio Strings, which of their products would you most recommend to fill a gap in my library? Bit of a silly question, I know.
If I were you, I would upgrade to Komplete 11 Ultimate. Can't get a better deal than this.

totheatom wrote:
dzilizzi wrote:

Great insight. Thanks!

If you could only get something from SonicCouture or Ultimate, I'd get Ultimate. That said, SC's instruments are definitely more unique. I only have a couple of their things but I love the Novachord. If they were at least half price I'd probably pick up the deconstructed EP73 and the Ondos. I'm not interested enough to get them at the price that they're being offered. I like the Broken Wurli too, but, it's also too expensive. I would want it to be 60% off.

As far as all the obscure things, not my thing, so I don't have an opinion. I haven't even installed all of Komplete's "world" instrument libraries.

Keep in mind that I'm cheap. If I don't buy these, I'l keep on making music with what I have.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”