Waves SSL E-Channel for just $29!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

billcarroll wrote:
BRBWaffles wrote:
martinjuenke wrote:Who the hell still uses Waves products? OMG!
People with disposable income and deficient critical thinking skills, maybe.
Yeah, them ... along with people producing top tier music and getting paid well for it. :tu:
I make no distinction, depending on the person.

BRBWaffles wrote:
billcarroll wrote:
BRBWaffles wrote:
martinjuenke wrote:Who the hell still uses Waves products? OMG!
People with disposable income and deficient critical thinking skills, maybe.
Yeah, them ... along with people producing top tier music and getting paid well for it. :tu:
I make no distinction, depending on the person.
Trololo indeed
Bitwig Certified Trainer

I just got the E channel from Audiodeluxe.com. They sent the license imediately.
I demoed it earlier today.I was able to get good results very quick with it.
And it is very light on Cpu. My amp sims were clipping the input meters of the E channel
So, I turned down the amp sim masters. What levels are you sending into the E channel.
I know some anologue emulations sound best when you send -18 to -16 into them. The waves vcomp
For example.

Burillo wrote:
1wob2many wrote:And designing Waves Central the way it is, is not the only solution to them having a large back catalogue of plug-ins
OK, what are the alternatives, assuming the silly "solutions" like "have less plugins" are out the window?
The simple alternative to designing Waves Central the way it is, is to designing it differently. :o

1wob2many wrote:
Burillo wrote:
1wob2many wrote:And designing Waves Central the way it is, is not the only solution to them having a large back catalogue of plug-ins
OK, what are the alternatives, assuming the silly "solutions" like "have less plugins" are out the window?
The simple alternative to designing Waves Central the way it is, is to designing it differently. :o
such as?
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote:
1wob2many wrote:
Burillo wrote:
such as?
I'd say things that need to be improved:
Allow setting of custom install and VST path.
Allow uninstall of single plugins.
Integrate Central update download into Central itself.
Cut down on installation size.

Otherwise nothing wrong with it.
No signature here!

robotmonkey wrote:I'd say things that need to be improved:

exactly. it solves the problem it is meant to solve - you don't download the entire plugin library just to install one plugin any more.

(i'd add two more - allow demo requests through the installer, and remember the goddamn password already!)
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

robotmonkey wrote:
I'd say things that need to be improved:

I can't argue with that, because those were pretty much my complaints in the first place. But the "otherwise" is a pretty big "otherwise".

My problem isn't with developers having their own plug-in management software, but Waves implementation of it.

1wob2many wrote:I can't argue with that, because those were pretty much my complaints in the first place.
so, you obviously don't know how to use "rhethorical questions" then. your original post that i took issue with clearly implied (to those who know what rhethorical questions are for, that is) that Waves Central wasn't solving the problem of having to download the entire Waves plugin library in order to install one plugin. now we learn that what you actually mean is, it has a few bits of missing functionality, but otherwise it actually does the job and you're happy with it existing. soooo... yeah.

Wow! still at it. Waves must enjoy seeing their name in the top posts day after day. Love em or hate em.....let talk about em.

Dodged a bullet with this sale. Waisted all my money over at Plugin Alliance so I had no money to spend on Waves!!

Crisis averted!! Haha!!

Somehow I think my solution needs a little working on.

simon.a.billington wrote:Dodged a bullet with this sale. Waisted all my money over at Plugin Alliance so I had no money to spend on Waves!!

Crisis averted!! Haha!!

Somehow I think my solution needs a little working on.
The sale will go on for several days more so you still have some time. :hihi:
No signature here!

Burillo wrote:
1wob2many wrote:I can't argue with that, because those were pretty much my complaints in the first place.
so, you obviously don't know how to use "rhethorical questions" then. your original post that i took issue with clearly implied (to those who know what rhethorical questions are for, that is) that Waves Central wasn't solving the problem of having to download the entire Waves plugin library in order to install one plugin. now we learn that what you actually mean is, it has a few bits of missing functionality, but otherwise it actually does the job and you're happy with it existing. soooo... yeah.
So, you obviously haven't read my original post (which just to make it clear to you was meant in a tongue-on-cheek way) : http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1#p6813211

Please try harder.

I am perfectly happy that a used the term "rhetorical question" in a sense that most people would understand. I asked my rhetorical question in order to make a point that just because Waves have a long legacy, it's no excuse for the functional shortcomings of Waves Central. I wasn't seeking an answer. That is a rhetorical question.

Moreover, it should be read in the context of the whole post.

What you call "a few bits of missing functionality", I consider major bits of missing functionality which make Waves Central a pain in the arse to use. That is the point I was making.

The fact that you chose to answer a rhetorical question, out of context, and then use that as a basis for deciding what my issue with Waves Central is, is beyond my control. I have not changed what I "actually" mean.

Sooo.....yeah....

....this is fun, isn't it? :hihi:

Return to “Effects”