Audio Damage Kombinat Tri

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Audio Damage Kombinat Tri
https://www.audiodamage.com/collections ... mbinat-tri
From mild tone-shaping or adding a bit of grit to full-on total waveform destruction, Kombinat Tri is a complete toolbox of sonic warfare, and a complete top-to-bottom rebuild of our popular Kombinat series.

With 13 different options in each of the three distortion engines (plus pass-through), Kombinat Tri is capable of sophisticated and unique sounds. Want to add a ring mod to the low end, a mild tube clip to the mids, and a bit-reduction algorithm to the high end? No problem. Want to run your signal through three sine-warps or fuzz algorithms in series? This is your box.

Kombinat's signal structure allows for a fairly broad palette of sounds, as each segment of the overall effect is a versatile tool in its own right. On the front end is a full "DJ-style" band-killer EQ; this leads to the three distortion engines, which may be used in multi-band mode for subtle surgery, or in series mode for complete signal destruction. The engines lead to a multi-mode filter with 12 different topologies, and then on to a compressor which we have configured for one-control operation.

Taken as a whole, Kombinat is a tweaker's paradise, yet designed so that it is easy to just grab one of the presets and touch it up a bit to suit the source material.

Features

Crossover: Kombinat Tri features a DJ-style three-band isolator EQ for band-killing effects and extreme tone-carving on the front end. This leads to the three distortion engines, which can be run in crossover (multi) mode, or in series.

Multiple Distortion Types: Kombinat Tri has 13 different distortion and tone-shaping algorithms, and you can mix-and-match, with each of the three bands getting its own selector. From subtle tube-style clipping to the bizarre distorto-delay of the Nerd Rage algorithm, Kombinat Tri can cover all the bases without unnecessary complexity.

Feedback: If the algorithms weren't enough, Kombinat Tri has an internal feedback control, tied to an envelope follower. Results may vary, but are always hairy.

Filter: Kombinat Tri has 12 different filter topologies, from subtle 2-pole lowpass, through synth-style filters, to surgical notch. Several are self-resonant.

One-Kontrol Kompressor: A favorite feature of the original Kombinat and Kombinat Dva, the one-knob compressor, tuned for collapsing distorted signals to roadkill, remains in Kombinat Tri.

Mix Control: Kombinat Tri adds an oft-requested feature: a mix knob for better control over the signal path.

Presets: Kombinat Tri includes a selection of presets from Kombinat and Kombinat Dva, some all-new presets to take advantage of the new features, and a selection of Designer presets from Ken Flux Pierce and Don Gunn.

sounds great

Well this sure looks interesting.

BTW I was interested in Kombinat Dva about 2 weeks ago but the lack of a downloadable demo made me look and buy elsewhere :\
I don't know about hidden downsides to releasing demos from a developer's perspective, I thought that would encourage buyers but maybe I'm wrong (no sarcasm here).

It looks good, but what's new despite the GUI ?
(I would have hoped a LFO would get implemented to that third version...)

compared to Kombinat DVA??
compared to UA Dent? Indent?
compared to ?????

I own K DVA, so maybe it's worth the $10 to find out?
I think my productions need more distortion, but I so often shy away from using these psycho dist units.
I'm getting old :( I'll probably be asking the kids to turn their music down soon :(

Niiiice. Is it me or this finally has bands gain in and out?
Ooops just realized I jumped the DVA update. :dog:

Niowiad wrote:Well this sure looks interesting.

BTW I was interested in Kombinat Dva about 2 weeks ago but the lack of a downloadable demo made me look and buy elsewhere :\
I don't know about hidden downsides to releasing demos from a developer's perspective, I thought that would encourage buyers but maybe I'm wrong (no sarcasm here).
We've been singing that song forever. They're never going to change. The idea is, they have a refund policy, so if you buy it and don't like it, money back. It works. I didn't like Discord and they refunded my money.

They're stuff is really good and attractively priced. I agree that a demo policy sucks, but their plugins are good.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

zerocrossing wrote: We've been singing that song forever. They're never going to change. The idea is, they have a refund policy, so if you buy it and don't like it, money back. It works. I didn't like Discord and they refunded my money.

They're stuff is really good and attractively priced. I agree that a demo policy sucks, but their plugins are good.
I must say they are really quick at refunding the payment, with no questions asked. It does, however, still put me off trying their stuff. Also if they are not providing demos, then they could at least put a decent set of sound examples, or perhaps a video, up so that potential buyers can at least hear what the plugins sound like. To my mind, it seems a shame that they spend all of that time developing their plugins, putting a decent looking web site together & then shoot themselves in the foot. I guess that they feel that it works for them & if they sell enough to make a living then maybe it isn't important to them :)

Anyone find an upgrade price for this? The new website doesn't let me in and the old one doesn't have the new version
'and when we got bored, we'd have a world war...'

I bought the upgrade : I like the new GUI, the new filter models, the better preset browser. For 10$, it's well worth it.
However, i am a bit surprised that the GUI isn't resizeable : I thought that with such a flat procedural design, and being in 2017, it would be quite usual to allow skin resizing (or, at least, provide several sizes, like Klanghelm, Melda, ToneBoosters, etc). Maybe it will come soon ?

virtualpt wrote:
zerocrossing wrote: We've been singing that song forever. They're never going to change. The idea is, they have a refund policy, so if you buy it and don't like it, money back. It works. I didn't like Discord and they refunded my money.

I must say they are really quick at refunding the payment, with no questions asked. It does, however, still put me off trying their stuff. Also if they are not providing demos, then they could at least put a decent set of sound examples, or perhaps a video, up so that potential buyers can at least hear what the plugins sound like. To my mind, it seems a shame that they spend all of that time developing their plugins, putting a decent looking web site together & then shoot themselves in the foot. I guess that they feel that it works for them & if they sell enough to make a living then maybe it isn't important to them :)
Not sure what their excuse is. Maybe they found supporting demo versions too onerous. The one run in with support I had with them was not a good experience. I couldn't get the 64 bit version of Dubstation working in Live. Everything else I ever installed worked with no issues. Their answer to me was basically, "User error. Sorry. Stop bothering us." Much later, after an update, it magically worked.

But, Kombinat DVA rocks, as I'm sure this will. The upgrade is $10? I'm in. Well worth it. I have my issues with Audio Damage as a company, but in the end, I do love the way their stuff sounds and their pricing is fair.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Something I don`t understand:
the upgrade purchase of Kombinat is in my account (the new one) and EOS2 not ?
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

Omkar wrote:Something I don`t understand:
Ah, EOS2 was with a dl link ...
but even the order isn`t recorded and listed ... confusing.

Sorry for OT, just for the record, is there some with it in account ?
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

Omkar wrote:
Omkar wrote:Something I don`t understand:
Ah, EOS2 was with a dl link ...
but even the order isn`t recorded and listed ... confusing.

Sorry for OT, just for the record, is there some with it in account ?
It appears under Orders in my account. There's an order no. which you click on for details. Same with the DubStation upgrade.

Return to “Effects”