New Free Punch plugin from Audio Assault

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just downloaded new free plugin from Audio Assault.

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/the-pun ... io-assault

Any thoughts about this one. Looks like useful..

Looks similar to Softube Saturation Knob. How does it compare in terms of sound quality?

Looks like it really changes some freqencies.
Here are the freq plots on some settings.
Harsh zone 3-4K is down and bite zone is up 5K.
Looks like useful fast punch plugin.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Apart from the changes in the frequency response, does it add harmonics / overtones?

Izak Synthiemental wrote:Apart from the changes in the frequency response, does it add harmonics / overtones?
Hi
Yes, when you move the wheel it does.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thanks, great!

May I naively ask how you make these examinations? I just remember reading that one has to use a clean sine wave at a certain frequency and run it through a frequency analyser, but could you (if you got some time at your hand) give a brief explanation of how exactly it works?

Izak Synthiemental wrote:Thanks, great!

May I naively ask how you make these examinations? I just remember reading that one has to use a clean sine wave at a certain frequency and run it through a frequency analyser, but could you (if you got some time at your hand) give a brief explanation of how exactly it works?
You are welcome.
Just put the test oscilator to instrument channel (I'm using Logic X) or you can find some freeware test oscilator
if you're using PC and put the plugin on insert to make it going 1Khz tone thru the plugin. On the master you just insert "Span" from Voxengo, and it's free. That's all.

Nice! And how do you get the different frequency plots for a) frequency response and b) harmonics / overtones. Are these 2 different setting in Span?

Whats with the ridiculous UI that includes wooden flooring ?
Duh

I like the wooden cheeks.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Izak Synthiemental wrote:Nice! And how do you get the different frequency plots
I'm also curious how to measure frequency response in this way. Looks interesting.

Aloysius wrote:I like the wooden cheeks.
Same here.

The plugin is free, why is there always that one in the crowd that has to kick the gift horse in the face? :hihi:

:lol:
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I think the parquet flooring is hip as f**k. I wouldn't mind the option of an oriental rug, but anything's better than the cheap, scratched-up laminate that's in my apartment at the moment.

funky lime wrote:I think the parquet flooring is hip as f**k. I wouldn't mind the option of an oriental rug, but anything's better than the cheap, scratched-up laminate that's in my apartment at the moment.
:hihi:

Return to “Effects”