Open Sound Control (OSC) is here

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks a lot for your osc4bitwig script :) Last time a was able to download osc4bitwig.zip, but i think the download link(s) is now missing. Do i have to download drivenbymoss.zip and how can i implement these files in osc4bitwig (5.0) files i have downloaded earlier?

I hope you can help me with this
Last edited by ruud909 on Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

ruud909 wrote:Thanks a lot for your osc4bitwig script :) Last time a was able to download osc4bitwig.zip, but i think the download link(s) is now missing. Do i have to download drivenbymoss.zip and how can i implement these files in osc4bitwig (5.0) files i have downloaded earlier?

I hope you can help me with this

Thanks Ruud
The old Javascript version is still available from my homepage. The new version DrivenByMoss is implemented in Java and therefore cannot be integrated into the old one. The Java code is available on GitHub.

Thank you for the files. I'm sorry but with the osc4bitwig files i new what to do, but with these Java file I'm not. Where do i have to put or install these files? I want to use touchOSC witch bitwig 2.1

Thanks a lot
Last edited by ruud909 on Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

ruud909 wrote:Thank you for the files. I'm sorry but with the osc4bitwig files i new what to do, but with these Java file I'm not. Where do i have to put or install these files? I want to use touchOSC witch bitwig 2.1

Thanks a lot
Ruud
http://mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitwig/Bitwig.html
Please read the first sentence.

Thanks
Last edited by ruud909 on Sun Oct 06, 2019 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hi,
Thank you Moss for your script!
Unfortunately I can't get it work, it doesn't communicate with my tablet (Lemur on Android).
osc4bitwig config:

Code: Select all

Receive: 192.168.1.11 (tablet IP) Port: 9001 (so configured in Lemur)
Send: 192.168.1.11 (tablet IP) Port: 8000 (Lemur hard coded to listen to that port)
Lemur receive from osc4bitwig, faders move etc, but I don't get nothing in Bitwig. I tried many port and IP possibilities, no success... I tried with Bitwig_Lemur patch, and also with some custom objects.
can somebody help?

blindekinder wrote:Hi,
Thank you Moss for your script!
Unfortunately I can't get it work, it doesn't communicate with my tablet (Lemur on Android).
osc4bitwig config:

Code: Select all

Receive: 192.168.1.11 (tablet IP) Port: 9001 (so configured in Lemur)
Send: 192.168.1.11 (tablet IP) Port: 8000 (Lemur hard coded to listen to that port)
Lemur receive from osc4bitwig, faders move etc, but I don't get nothing in Bitwig. I tried many port and IP possibilities, no success... I tried with Bitwig_Lemur patch, and also with some custom objects.
can somebody help?
you should use the same port in Bitwig as well, not 9001.

Follow the install instructions that i listed at the bottom of this page and it should get you going:

https://lucid-network.github.io/Lemur4Bitwig-Template/

Great it works!
but I'll have to use an OSC Target on Lemur to drive pure data, cause it doesn't want to share input.
thank a lot!

Awesome script :)

I reworked the TouchOSC template a bit :

https://imgur.com/a/jbFSi

Unfortunately, some controls do not update without an action on Bitwig GUI itself, clips status for example.
Speaking of clips status, a green led means 'playing', a red one means 'recording', grey one means there is a clip in the slot and a blue one means that it is selected.

Forgot to add : native resolution is 1220x800
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

gelabs wrote:Awesome script :)

Looks great! Where can I download it?

Can you make a list with the things who do not work?

Cheers.

moss wrote:
gelabs wrote:Awesome script :)

Looks great! Where can I download it?

Can you make a list with the things who do not work?

Cheers.
Ah, just saw that it is attached when I logged in :-)

Basically, anything which is already in Bitwig before launching the TouchOSC client doesn't update.
For example, clips status and scenes names won't update if you don't move across scenes first. If you work with only 8 scenes you'll need to create another one then press the "scene >" and "scene <" on the clips page to update everything.
Maybe a /refresh command client-side would be useful, I don't know. I tried with a push button and the "/refresh" command but it doesn't seem to work.

No way to use the script without a dummy MIDI device? On Linux, it seems impossible to create virtual device, and the idea of using a tablet is to let my 1kg-40X20cm controller in a closet...

You should be able to create virtual midi ports with the command "modprobe snd_virmidi", as root.

gelabs wrote:Basically, anything which is already in Bitwig before launching the TouchOSC client doesn't update.
I looked into this and it seems to me that TouchOSC does not process OSC bundle messages correctly (or not at all). I guess it takes only the first message of the bundle. :-/

Return to “Controller Scripting”