Software iLok - recover licences from scrapped PC

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

chk071 wrote:
robotmonkey wrote:So no point in being smug about owning an ilok.
:lol:

Okey dokey, my fellow iLok hater dude. :tu: BTW, i'm quite impressed about your knowledge of warez, and all that. Let me guess, you did extensive studies in that field, because it was such a interesting topic for you. Amiright?
...and the witch hunt begins.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Well, there was no point calling me a smug in the first place, was there? I mean, what's the guy's problem? I stick to what i said though. Impressive knowledge about warez. Whoever should be impressed by that.

well you were being smug :)
chk071 wrote:BTW, i miss the "heads up" from the people that always claimed that iLok has been cracked now, so there's no more point for companies to use it. Wonder what happened to that. I guess they stuffed the security hole in the meantime, so there's no more mentioning it. :D
i'd highlight the relevant parts, but that'd mean i have to highlight the entire post...
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote:well you were being smug :)
Oh yeah? Where exactly?

i quoted where exactly. the whole "wonder whatever happened to haters" tone.

Well I truly wonder what happened to it. People didn't seem to get tired of mentioning it. Always made me wonder how the same people doing warez witch hunts here have such a deep knowledge of the scene.

chk071 wrote:Well, there was no point calling me a smug in the first place, was there? I mean, what's the guy's problem? I stick to what i said though. Impressive knowledge about warez. Whoever should be impressed by that.
Well, you were smug. And yes, I have kept eye on the scene for decades now due to both work and personal interest. Never made any secret about it. And yes, I have absolutely no problem installing a patched version of plugins when copy protection gives me trouble. If any kind of iLok, C/R or whatever type of protection gives me trouble, it will be promptly replaced with patched version. I have no time nor will to waste my time on solving CP problems for software I have payed for. I'll get to do that enough for work. It's a sad truth and well established fact that plugins with CP patched out offer always better experience.
No signature here!

Well, now that we figured out that i'm a smug, we could well get back to topic. What was the topic? Oh, yeah, that you hate iLok, and have no problems with using warez to bypass it. Righto. The question is why you buy the software in the first place, when you have an issue with the copy protection. But, where would this world come to, if i understood everything people are up to.

perhaps because he's not a thief and wants to pay for plugins he uses, but the copy protection comes as a package deal and there's no option to buy it without the protection?

chk071 wrote:Well, now that we figured out that i'm a smug, we could well get back to topic. What was the topic? Oh, yeah, that you hate iLok, and have no problems with using warez to bypass it. Righto. The question is why you buy the software in the first place, when you have an issue with the copy protection. But, where would this world come to, if i understood everything people are up to.
Well, I generally do not buy any iLok plugins though I have made couple of exceptions. I do have some soft iLok ones that have been either giveaways, freebies with hardware or super dirt cheap. The two most expensive iLok plugins I have are in the range of 35$. One of them is Xils PolyKB, pretty much one of the only analog emulations I have actually wanted badly, and Eventide Blackhole that I bought just to support Eventide because of their amazing giveaways. The rest are in the 10-15$ range, mostly second hand activation codes, and that is the max I'm generally willing to shell out for any iLok plugin. Funnily enough, since all the iLok plugins have been cracked, I'm actually more likely to spend money on them, as I can always be sure that I'm not dependent on the PACE crap.
No signature here!

dude, you uttered the 'w' word.
... awaits threadlock.

Today's topic:
1. Recovering a plugin's iLok software activation from a scrapped PC (activated with the software iLok).
Best advice - Can't do it on your new PC, you need that same scrap PC to run the iLok software on again so that you can transfer the activation back to your account. Contact the plugin vendor and hope for love.

2. How to prevent the above happening in the future (given the possibility of total hard disk failure / PC meltdown).
Best advice - Buy an iLok USB dongle (my comment, How f'kin many $£€ are these; they're taking the piss!)

:x I'm searching youtube for that USB port-pig to find one in blender or a hydraulic press to see the golden ones and noughts spill out ffs #shafted.

Looks pretty therapeutic (iLok 2) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GurStW8t5j0

Yet it lives!!! I'd like to finish one off real quick with volts and smoke.

Anyone got an iLok 3 for for the sport? Tear-down/dissection... Hmmm

Sorry for derailing your thread a bit Pytchblend.

Yeah, in the same boat here with Loom (and a few freebies I'm not particularly concerned about), essentially keeping my fingers crossed that my machine doesn't die or a Windows Update doesn't kill the auth. It does seem crazy that a license can't be recalled from a different machine (or indeed the same machine after an update). Why even bother having a username and password if your licenses aren't tied to it?

On the other hand, it's only Waves' copy protection that's given me significant trouble so far.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”