All time favorite

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

fluffy_little_something wrote:
wagtunes wrote:And the differences between synths is EXACTLY WHY I don't have a favorite. There is no synth yet made that does everything. Reaktor probably could but I don't have the patience to design my ultimate synth, nor the skill required.

That's why I use the synth that NEEDS to be used in order to get the sound that I want for THAT particular song. And it can vary from song to song even within the same concept CD.

Doesn't mean that I can't TRULY love synths for what each synth brings to the table or for how fun the synth is to program.

The two things do not have to be mutually inclusive.
Again, I don't get your logic. Who says a synth has to be able to do everything in order to become someone's favorite synth? According to those yearly rankings, a lot of people say Diva or Sylenth1 is their favorite synth. Both are merely subtractive synths, so they do not do anything fancy such as wavetables. Yet...
I didn't say a synth has to do everything to be somebody's favorite synth. But if it's going to be MY favorite synth, hands down above every synth ever made, YES, it HAS to do EVERYTHING.

That is my prerogative. Why do you insist on telling me that I have to have a favorite synth and HOW that synth has to be my favorite synth and for what REASONS that synth has to be my favorite synth?

I don't tell you why your favorite synth should be YOUR favorite synth.

Allow me the same courtesy.

This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Sure, you can think and write whatever you want, but since it is a public forum, I reserve the right to tell you that I think your logic/criterion makes little sense ;)

Imagine someone gets asked what his favorite car is. So he replies he can't have a favorite car because the sports car doesn't go off-road, the off-roader is not as fast as the sports car, the SUV consumes too much gas, the roadster doesn't offer enough space for his family...

In reality someone might have several cars, and one of them is likely his favorite, depending on his personality maybe the sports car or the ecological electric car.

fluffy_little_something wrote:Sure, you can think and write whatever you want, but since it is a public forum, I reserve the right to tell you that I think your logic/criterion makes little sense ;)

Imagine someone gets asked what his favorite car is. So he replies he can't have a favorite car because the sports car doesn't go off-road, the off-roader is not as fast as the sports car, the SUV consumes too much gas, the roadster doesn't offer enough space for his family...

In reality someone might have several cars, and one of them is likely his favorite, depending on his personality maybe the sports car or the ecological electric car.
Just because it makes little sense to you doesn't mean it doesn't make sense.

Out of the hundreds of thousands of movies made, do you have a favorite movie?

Out of the hundreds of thousands songs written, do you have a favorite song?

According to your logic, you must have a favorite movie and a favorite song.

So come on. Tell me what they are.

Alchemy 1
d o n 't
w a n t
m o r e

Does a TV show count? Law & Order: Special Victims Unit and Janis Joplin's Cry Baby.

wagtunes wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Sure, you can think and write whatever you want, but since it is a public forum, I reserve the right to tell you that I think your logic/criterion makes little sense ;)

I don't like movies, so I can't tell. But sure, I do have an all-time favorite song, Bobby Caldwell's What you won't do for love, has been my favorite for 35 years or so:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NQ-Bk63Hs8

Augren wrote:Does a TV show count? Law & Order: Special Victims Unit and Janis Joplin's Cry Baby.
So of all the TV shows ever mad and of all the songs ever done, those are your favorites?

Wow, I'm sorry but I just can't do that. I don't see how anybody can do that. There have been so many great TV shows in my lifetime.

Off the top of my head.

West Wing
Big Bang Theory
Scorpion
Gotham
Criminal Minds
MASH
Touched By An Angel
Hawaii 5 0 (remake)
Desperate Housewives
The Dick Van Dyke Show
Little House On The Prarie
Law And Order (original)

I could go on and on and on.

Pick a favorite? No way in hell could I even begin to put one of those shows at the very top of the list.

But you know what? You have a favorite? Fine. I respect that. So why can't people respect that I don't have a favorite? Why do I have to conform to everybody's idea of what's right?

Place absolutely infuriates me.

wagtunes wrote:

I don't like movies, so I can't tell. But sure, I do have an all-time favorite song, Bobby Caldwell's What you won't do for love, has been my favorite for 35 years or so:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NQ-Bk63Hs8
Wow. Well, I find that amazing that out of all the music ever made you have a favorite.

But the difference between you and me is I respect your decision. You have a favorite? Great. I applaud you in being able to do something that I can't do.

Just a few of the songs that make me feel so good when I hear them that they make me forget all the bad in this world

Ocean Gypsy - Renaissance
Love And Loneliness - The Motors
Today - The Motors
The Wall - Kansas
Yesterday - The Beatles
Penny Lane - The Beatles
Hello Goodbye - The Beatles
Right On The Tip Of My Tongue - Brenda and the Tabulations
The Shape Of Things To Come - The Headboys
Alice In Blue - Shannon
Girl On A Swing - Gerry and the Pacemakers
Mrs Brown You've Got A Lovely Daughter - Herman's Hermits
The Winter And The Summer - The Strawbs
Tonight - The Move
Wild West Hero - Electric Light Orchestra
Whisper In The Night - Electric Light Orchestra
Cherry Blossom Clinic - The Move
Fields Of People - The Move
That's The Way I've Always Heard It Should Be - Carly Simon
Bridge Over Troubled Water - Simon and Garfunkel

I'll stop there or I'll be typing all day.

Pick a favorite out of even just THOSE???

No way in hell.

And don't tell me that I then must not truly love all those songs. Music is my whole life outside of my family. It is the only thing that even means anything to me outside of my family. It's been my life since I was 5 years old.

Pick a favorite???

LMAO I can't even decide what my favorite Beatles song is.

But like I said, I understand your having a favorite and I respect that decision. Yet, you can't seem to afford me the same courtesy without insulting me and telling me what I'm wrong to not have a favorite, that if I thought about it I would have a favorite.

Who the f**k are you to tell me how to feel about anything?

Oh, and here were your exact words because I don't want to be accused of misquoting you.
I think your logic/criterion makes little sense
Oh really? Why? Because YOU can't understand that other people can feel differently?

You sanctimonious...

I don't see anyone here telling you how to feel about something. All people are doing is tell you that they don't share your view.
Nor am I the one insulting anyone. It is only you that uses foul language...

A lot of people playing synths are rather specialized, so they do have a favorite synth or two. It is natural.

I have that theory that taste of music tells a lot about how people get along, it is a great criterion for match-making. And your list surely explains why we don't get along :hihi: If I were on a dating site and a woman had that list on her page, I would click her away immediately :hihi:

wagtunes wrote:Oh, and here were your exact words because I don't want to be accused of misquoting you.
Oh really? Why? Because YOU can't understand that other people can feel differently?

You sanctimonious...
Well, it is my verdict of your criterion. It is my opinion.
Just ignore it if you don't like it...

wagtunes wrote:Oh, and here were your exact words because I don't want to be accused of misquoting you.

You sanctimonious...
Well, it is my verdict of your criterion. It is my opinion.
Just ignore it if you don't like it...
Just like I should go back to ignoring you.

Peace guys. :) Seriously, life's too short to waste it with arguments on the net.

WusikStation V7 :wink:

Return to “Instruments”