Just released on patchpool: Cornucopia for HALion 6

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Installed fine here -- went through the presets last night. Very nice work, Simon. Some of these presets are so lush, taking up a significant amount of sonic space. And many of the pad sounds sit well behind other stuff, with a very nice vibe. Just enjoying the sounds... :)

emasters wrote:Installed fine here -- went through the presets last night. Very nice work, Simon. Some of these presets are so lush, taking up a significant amount of sonic space. And many of the pad sounds sit well behind other stuff, with a very nice vibe. Just enjoying the sounds... :)
Thank you, Ed - lushness and epic-ness was a bigger part of my target for this library, glad I made it :)

Sampleconstruct wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
Place the main folder “Cornucopia_HALion_6“ anywhere on your system (preferably on a fast external drive). Open the HALion 6 Library Manager and double click on the file “Patchpool_001_Cornucopia.vstsound“, the library will get registered and is now ready to use.
This isn't working for me. I put it in the same folder on my external SSD as all my Halion content but it doesn't show in the library manager so there is nothing to double click on.
You read the description wrongly, double click on the container file with Library manager open, then the library will appear in the manager. I tested it on three system and it worked three times flawlessly.
Didn't work these ways for me... tried a few times to see if I was missing something (and I'm almost sure I did anyway). What I ended up doing is installing it the 'old way' by library import within HALion 6. Only then did it show under the library manager, although at first H6 said it couldn't load content - it did so after restart. However, it gave me three instances of each program. One was due to the earlier attempt in loading, so deleting that folder and doing a re-scan knocked it down to two instances of each program. Did a file search of the cornucopia.vstsound and it came back with the file and a shortcut to that file. (The same way that Simon's previous two libraries do.) So... Do I delete the shortcut for this one?

Oh, and BTW, I did go through them quickly and of course, found them to be every bit as excellent as what Simon always gives us!
:clap: :tu: :clap:

BBFG# wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
Place the main folder “Cornucopia_HALion_6“ anywhere on your system (preferably on a fast external drive). Open the HALion 6 Library Manager and double click on the file “Patchpool_001_Cornucopia.vstsound“, the library will get registered and is now ready to use.
This isn't working for me. I put it in the same folder on my external SSD as all my Halion content but it doesn't show in the library manager so there is nothing to double click on.
You read the description wrongly, double click on the container file with Library manager open, then the library will appear in the manager. I tested it on three system and it worked three times flawlessly.
Didn't work these ways for me... tried a few times to see if I was missing something (and I'm almost sure I did anyway). What I ended up doing is installing it the 'old way' by library import within HALion 6. Only then did it show under the library manager, although at first H6 said it couldn't load content - it did so after restart. However, it gave me three instances of each program. One was due to the earlier attempt in loading, so deleting that folder and doing a re-scan knocked it down to two instances of each program. Did a file search of the cornucopia.vstsound and it came back with the file and a shortcut to that file. (The same way that Simon's previous two libraries do.) So... Do I delete the shortcut for this one?

Oh, and BTW, I did go through them quickly and of course, found them to be every bit as excellent as what Simon always gives us!
:clap: :tu: :clap:
Thanks, Michael - I wouldn't delete the shortcut/alias - as that seems to be the file on your main system which links to the actual .vstsound-containter on the external drive (assuming you have installed it on an external drive). Maybe try another rescan to delete the duplicates? The actual vst3-presets are embedded in the container and on my system there are no folders with presets installed, as it's all in that container file, so which folder did you actually delete to knock down the program duplicates? Or you could try to open Library Manager, unregister Cornucopia, then re-scan to see if all the programs disappear, then re-register? I'll report your issue to the devs on Monday, as they should learn, that the new library manager does not seem to work on all systems (you're on Windows, right?).

Sampleconstruct wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
No I didn't - I tried that first. It just said there was no file type associated with it.

aMUSEd wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:
No I didn't - I tried that first. It just said there was no file type associated with it.
Well, what can I say - I can't do more than test it on three systems, can I? But you're up and running so all is good I assume. Two users with issues out of 50 so far is a good score though, concerning the installment issues :)

Yes it's fine but does suggest there are kinks Steinberg need to work out. It appears the Halion Manager doesn't always register files to it. However it is good that there appear to be at least 3 ways to install this and all of them easier than it used to be.

btw just tried double clicking on the vstsound to see if it's registered now and:
There is no application available to open the document "Patchpool_001_Cornucopia.vstsound".
tried this with the library file too just in case

but at least it is installed and working (and great)

Hello All

I also had a problem in Windows with halion manager ! I have open a patch directly in halion so the vstsound was registered by itself , but :

- in some patches , samples were missing
- wavetables were not available when doing new patches

i have :

- closed halion
- launch halion manager
- delete library
- open halion
- close halion
- move vstsound in c:\programdata\steinberg .... (instead of %USERPROFILE%)
- launch halion manager
- added vstsound from its new location
-launch halion and OK

when doing so, i have also seen that halion manager library creates a shortcut to the vstsoàund itself, but that's not done by halion when opening a patch without adding vstsound manually

good luck :)

aMUSEd wrote:Yes it's fine but does suggest there are kinks Steinberg need to work out. It appears the Halion Manager doesn't always register files to it. However it is good that there appear to be at least 3 ways to install this and all of them easier than it used to be.

btw just tried double clicking on the vstsound to see if it's registered now and:
There is no application available to open the document "Patchpool_001_Cornucopia.vstsound".
tried this with the library file too just in case

but at least it is installed and working (and great)
Please launch the Library Manager first, then click on "Patchpool_001_Cornucopia.vstsound"

One-week-post-release-bump for Cornucopia.

And another bump for this release, long live HALion!

Now that the HALion 6 update 6.0.1 has been released, all tempo-synced modulations in Cornucopia finally play in sync with the DAW and internally. Also the Library Manager was updated, double clicking on the vstsoundcontainer will now automatically open the manager (also on Windows).

Now it's time for you to take your wonderful talents back to Falcon so that "I" may give you some money. :D

Sampleconstruct wrote:Now that the HALion 6 update 6.0.1 has been released, all tempo-synced modulations in Cornucopia finally play in sync with the DAW and internally. Also the Library Manager was updated, double clicking on the vstsoundcontainer will now automatically open the manager (also on Windows).
:tu: :tu:

Haven't had the proper amount of time to really dig into this yet, but playing through as I currently can, am enjoying it immensely!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

BBFG# wrote:
Sampleconstruct wrote:Now that the HALion 6 update 6.0.1 has been released, all tempo-synced modulations in Cornucopia finally play in sync with the DAW and internally. Also the Library Manager was updated, double clicking on the vstsoundcontainer will now automatically open the manager (also on Windows).
:tu: :tu:

Haven't had the proper amount of time to really dig into this yet, but playing through as I currently can, am enjoying it immensely!

:clap: :clap: :clap:
That's nice to read :)

Return to “Soundware”