Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

totheatom wrote:
dzilizzi wrote:
totheatom wrote:Any thoughts on the Soniccouture sale that started today and their products?
I'm having a hard time not grabbing something. I love their stuff, but it is different. I really want the Grand Marimba and the Box of Tricks...

I have the Xtended Piano - it makes a lot of great sounds that are different, including piano SFX, a bowed piano and muffled piano sound. I think there is plucked too. You can get a normal piano sound out of it, but it is not a great standard piano.

I have the Broken Wurli that has a really good Wurli sound, then you turn on the broken speaker and it gets really interesting.

I bought the Conservatoire Collection during the last sale and haven't really used it much. It is a lot of great sounding old time instruments. I just haven't had a song to use them in yet.
Great insight. Thanks!

If I already have Komplete 11 (not Ultimate), Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian, and Cinematic Studio Strings, which of their products would you most recommend to fill a gap in my library? Bit of a silly question, I know.
The thing about SonicCouture is that they are not normal instruments for the most part. I mean, other than the Hammersmith piano, so they don't really compare with what you have. I guess it really depends on what kind of music you do. They are pretty much all Kontakt instruments. At least I think they are all Kontakt. As I said, the first thing I got was the Xtended Piano. You should listen to the audio samples. I like all the various things that are in the Box of Tricks. It usually doesn't go on sale that low in price. I think the last sale it was $139. So for the money, that might be the best deal at $109.

I've also heard good things about the XBow Guitars, though they sound more like other instruments than guitars. And I think if you do cinematic or game music, the GeoSonics could be very useful.

Although the Vintage instruments are great, I think you are covered between Onmispere, Keyscape and Trilian. Based on what you have, you probably should go for one of the experimental instruments.

Uncle E wrote:Up to 73% off all AAS instruments, bundles, and sound banks, starting at $19:
Hi Uncle E, any chance that you could also offer the upgrades? AAS has these on sale as well. I am particularly interested in the Strum GS-2 Acoustic + Electric upgrade from Strum GS-2 Session.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

From Bargain Center no chat
Rational wrote:Steinberg is offering 40% off until July 9th on Cubase Pro and Artist upgrades.
https://www.steinberg.net/en/landing_pa ... offer.html

Have Cubase 7.5 update to V9 or not?
Spend the $150? Where can it be had for less?
Will Cubase ever get ARA support?
I love Cubase but I also love FL Studio and Reaper.
Three of my favorite DAW's do not have ARA support.

I am considering Cubase 9 only as a second DAW and mostly for the midi implementation
and a few other desirable features. But no ARA, no 32 bit native bridge and not Patcher nor
Multi-instrument.

Currently very likely Studio ONe 3.5 will be my main DAW but am also looking at Sonar and Samplitude.

I have a few days to make the decision.

Numanoid wrote:
antithesist wrote:If Reaktor 6 is really all you want, I'm pretty sure I saw that update/upgrade (whichever it is in this case) for $49.50.
Great price.

And updating to Kontakt 5 is the same price.

An excellent time to get up to date.

But I wonder if this means Kontakt 6 is imminent?
Yeah, I'm torn between just doing Reaktor 5 to 6, or double that for Komplete 9 to 11... looks like the latter is on a hard drive with free shipping from NI.

I'd wait a week to get that, I guess... plus, you can download, too (and have to for updates), just not right away.

It would be just my luck they'd rev Kontakt just after I'd go to K11... I'd probably wait it out to K13 and/or when the Kontakt 5 to 6 alone is $50.

Not a big Kontakt user anyway... or NI instruments other than Reaktor, in general (useful on occasion, though).

I started with Reaktor 4, but didn't have to pay to go to 5, I think... later, bought a couple of their plug-in suites separately that are still only in Ultimate, and then upped R5 to K9 (mainly to get the plug-ins in Komplete non-Ultimate).

The other instruments are nice... just not really my bag.
WEASEL: World Electro-Acoustic Sound Excitation Laboratories

The blocks concept in Reaktor 6 is great. I just picked up the crossgrade from Maschine for £44 and it's amazing value for money. The blocks concept removes so much of the learning curve for me, it's brilliant.

antithesist wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
antithesist wrote:If Reaktor 6 is really all you want, I'm pretty sure I saw that update/upgrade (whichever it is in this case) for $49.50.
Great price.

And updating to Kontakt 5 is the same price.

An excellent time to get up to date.

But I wonder if this means Kontakt 6 is imminent?
Yeah, I'm torn between just doing Reaktor 5 to 6, or double that for Komplete 9 to 11... looks like the latter is on a hard drive with free shipping from NI.

I'd wait a week to get that, I guess... plus, you can download, too (and have to for updates), just not right away.

It would be just my luck they'd rev Kontakt just after I'd go to K11... I'd probably wait it out to K13 and/or when the Kontakt 5 to 6 alone is $50.

Not a big Kontakt user anyway... or NI instruments other than Reaktor, in general (useful on occasion, though).

I started with Reaktor 4, but didn't have to pay to go to 5, I think... later, bought a couple of their plug-in suites separately that are still only in Ultimate, and then upped R5 to K9 (mainly to get the plug-ins in Komplete non-Ultimate).

The other instruments are nice... just not really my bag.
FYI: Last time I checked upgrades with included HDD were out of stock at the NI store ?!?

Got a crossgrade offer to the full version of Kontakt for around £100 and see there is also a crossgrade offer to Komplete from Kontakt but can't see any details as to how much that would cost. Does anyone know if this is included in the current promotion and what the price might be?

shonky wrote:Got a crossgrade offer to the full version of Kontakt for around £100 and see there is also a crossgrade offer to Komplete from Kontakt but can't see any details as to how much that would cost. Does anyone know if this is included in the current promotion and what the price might be?
it's $200 on sale now. Normally $400. You could click "buy now" from komplete page and see the options.

Kalamata Kid wrote:From Bargain Center no chat
Rational wrote:Steinberg is offering 40% off until July 9th on Cubase Pro and Artist upgrades.

I am considering Cubase 9 only as a second DAW and mostly for the midi implementation
and a few other desirable features. But no ARA, no 32 bit native bridge and not Patcher nor
Multi-instrument.

Currently very likely Studio ONe 3.5 will be my main DAW but am also looking at Sonar and Samplitude.

I have all of them, and for me, it's Studio One Pro my main DAW. And it has ARA and it's improving regularyl. In my opinion, it has the easiest workflow in the industry..

shidostrife wrote:
shonky wrote:Got a crossgrade offer to the full version of Kontakt for around £100 and see there is also a crossgrade offer to Komplete from Kontakt but can't see any details as to how much that would cost. Does anyone know if this is included in the current promotion and what the price might be?
it's $200 on sale now. Normally $400. You could click "buy now" from komplete page and see the options.
If I crossgrade from Estey organ to Kontakt 5, that works out at £104, crossgrade from Kontakt to Komplete looks to be a bit over £150 but £250 for Komplete seems the best offer until Black Friday.

shonky wrote:
shidostrife wrote:
If I crossgrade from Estey organ to Kontakt 5, that works out at £104, crossgrade from Kontakt to Komplete looks to be a bit over £150 but £250 for Komplete seems the best offer until Black Friday.
Yes, that is the best price, I think.

This is just my feeling, but I think they'll release Komplete 12 around spring 2018, then it won't be discounted until 2019. So it might be a very long time until the next sale.

Ryan99 wrote:
Kalamata Kid wrote:From Bargain Center no chat

Multi-instrument.

I have all of them, and for me, it's Studio One Pro my main DAW. And it has ARA and it's improving regularyl. In my opinion, it has the easiest workflow in the industry..
So why spend $150 on a Cubase 9 update! If I really need to do any midi work I can always use Cubase 7.5. I do not think V9 has any additional midi features.

Thanks for your comment. Now it is less likely I will update to Cubase 9.

I seem to remember that AAS used to hand out free soundsets to owners of their plugs at this time of year, a couple of times.

So what about doing the same in 2017 too :hyper:

murnau wrote:Rhythmic Robot MEGA SALE: 90% off Q Up Arts stuff!

California Keys – grand piano, EPs and more, with Kontakt Player! (RRP £400)
Emulator III Master Studio Collection vol 1 (RRP £120)
Emulator III Master Studio Collection vol 2 (RRP £120)
Voices of the Aztecs (RRP £80)
Voices of Istanbul (RRP £80)

...a total of £800-worth of stunning instruments, all of which can be yours for £80.

http://www.rhythmicrobot.com/q-up-arts-corner

1) You need to buy all five instruments. Pop them all in your basket with the link above.
2) Use the coupon code QUPMEGASALE on checkout.
Now that's a deal. Thanks murnie :tu:

Numanoid wrote:I seem to remember that AAS used to hand out free soundsets to owners of their plugs at this time of year, a couple of times.

So what about doing the same in 2017 too :hyper:
That's true but it was around Christmas afair.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”