Logic's Klopfgeist vs OnePingOnly

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Klopfgeist was already modernised... It looks now totally different...

martinjuenke wrote:Klopfgeist was already modernised... It looks now totally different...
But still, is it better than OnePingOnly?
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

There really is a OnePingOnly?

aMUSEd wrote:There really is a OnePingOnly?
Yes. I've made a track with it (albeit with the aid of a sampler).

It sounds pretty terrible and it's a b*gger to use. Annoyance at the aliasing/digital hash builds up really quickly once you try to make chords or any kind of polyphony with it. And it doesn't process MIDI notes – you have to set the output frequency by hand. Other than that, it's great.

Gamma-UT wrote: It sounds pretty terrible and it's a b*gger to use. Annoyance at the aliasing/digital hash builds up really quickly once you try to make chords or any kind of polyphony with it. And it doesn't process MIDI notes – you have to set the output frequency by hand.
These are minor concerns. The most important things about any synth plugin are resizeable GUI and custom skins.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

recursive one wrote:
Gamma-UT wrote: It sounds pretty terrible and it's a b*gger to use. Annoyance at the aliasing/digital hash builds up really quickly once you try to make chords or any kind of polyphony with it. And it doesn't process MIDI notes – you have to set the output frequency by hand.
These are minor concerns. The most important things about any synth plugin are resizeable GUI and custom skins.
and sound banks market for it. :hihi:

recursive one wrote: These are minor concerns. The most important things about any synth plugin are resizeable GUI and custom skins.
Horizontal sliders. An insult to the GUI gods.

Klopfgeist appeared to be the "metronome" sound of Logic. It was in version 5, if I remember well.

Sascha Kujawa, which was running the quality assurance and was responsible for the Betatesting Team back then (when it was Emagic), even created a complete track made entirely with sounds from Klopfgeist. I still have that...

Can't be compared with One Ping Only, really. It's way more...
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:Sascha Kujawa, which was running the quality assurance and was responsible for the Betatesting Team back then (when it was Emagic), even created a complete track made entirely with sounds from Klopfgeist. I still have that...
Oh man, have burning desire to hear that now, was wondering did anyone did that. :tu:

Zexila wrote:
fmr wrote:Sascha Kujawa, which was running the quality assurance and was responsible for the Betatesting Team back then (when it was Emagic), even created a complete track made entirely with sounds from Klopfgeist. I still have that...
Oh man, have burning desire to hear that now, was wondering did anyone did that. :tu:
I have to fire up my old Power Mac G5 Quad, but I think I can still render it... :hihi:

EDIT: And here it is: Klopfgeist Demo (sorry, Dropbox public folder doesn't work anymore, so, the best I could get is One Drive)
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
Zexila wrote:
I have to fire up my old Power Mac G5 Quad, but I think I can still render it... :hihi:

EDIT: And here it is: Klopfgeist Demo (sorry, Dropbox public folder doesn't work anymore, so, the best I could get is One Drive)
Thanks for all the labor, oh man, it's better than I expected, awesome. :hug: :party: :phones:

Zexila wrote:
recursive one wrote:
Apparently it's Wags' best selling library after 'Neon' :tu:

fmr wrote:Klopfgeist appeared to be the "metronome" sound of Logic. It was in version 5, if I remember well
Since Logic 4.x, actually...

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
Zexila wrote:
recursive one wrote:
Apparently it's Wags' best selling library after 'Neon' :tu:

:lol:

Return to “Instruments”