All time favorite

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Serum - I use my own wavetables often created from my own samples so I can create something really personal
Pastoral, Kosmiche, Ambient Music https://markgriffiths.bandcamp.com/
Experimental Music https://markdaltongriffiths.bandcamp.com/

wagtunes wrote:Just like I should go back to ignoring you.
If it makes you any happier, go ahead :roll:

My only problem with this topic is the time aspect. All-time implies a long time. So, it is odd when someone mentions a synth that has been on the market for a year or less :hihi:

My personal favorite is Zedivzille really good synth... :D

Bodhisan wrote:Octopus - but including all my effects plugins.
I know how important this thread is, so I'd better change my "vote." It's Spectral. As much as I love the simplicity of Octopus, the filters in Spectral, along with the stock waves (and you can import, as well) are just so rewarding, and the subtlest of mod manipulation conjures up unimaginable beauty.

wagtunes wrote:
Place absolutely infuriates me.
Feel free to leave :P

Oh god didnt cheked this threead for 1 day and it already turned to "all time favorite anything" :o :hihi:

Ok let it be, favorite soup: borsch

thecontrolcentre wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Place absolutely infuriates me.
Feel free to leave :P
Yep, no one is forcing you to stay

wag u r precious and i really enjoy u posts don't stop 2 b u ...wanna ask about 'The MS-20 has, IMO, the best filters of any synth ever made' - Synthmaster has gorgeous filters,probably some of the best available but what u and participants here thing about MS-20-style Synthmaster Bite Filter is it authentic...i still don't use it a lot cuz fell in love in Analog,Ladder and Diode Ladder combinations ...haven't try all possibilities yet but i am fast learning guy and really appreciate and respect knowledge from old dogs ... i will definitely explore Bite Filter more after u opinion :)

Elektronisch wrote: Ok let it be, favorite soup: borsch
My wife is very good at making it, she is Ukrainian after all :party:

Ok, my favorite girls: Ukrainians
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

NI Massive

fluffy_little_something wrote:Sure, I could play around with any synth, and I did for some time, used all kinds of stuff, Charlatan, Noizemaker, Saurus, the synth within Mulab, to name just a few. But my music has become a lot better since I found a synth I really like, my favorite synth. When I like a synth in every way, I am much more motivated to use it.
I used to play the bass, and I know from various bass players that many only became really good once they found their favorite bass, usually a quality Fender or Music Man. Sure, Marcus Miller could play most any bass and have fun, but he would not play as well as when he uses his own customized MM bass. Having a favorite instrument usually turns you into an expert on that instrument, you know it inside out. And it shows in the music.
For every person for which that is true, there is someone for whom it isn't. Some people have favorites, and others do not. Some people have favorites one year and it is different the next. There is no answer that fits everyone.

Part of the reason I love a certain tool, is not even the tool as such, it is my fluency with it. Various tools could have been the one that I became fluent with and thus my favorite.

That said, I love Bazille. It makes types of sounds and with an alive vitality that very little else in software can match. :love:

VELLISLAV wrote:wag u r precious and i really enjoy u posts don't stop 2 b u ...wanna ask about 'The MS-20 has, IMO, the best filters of any synth ever made' - Synthmaster has gorgeous filters,probably some of the best available but what u and participants here thing about MS-20-style Synthmaster Bite Filter is it authentic...i still don't use it a lot cuz fell in love in Analog,Ladder and Diode Ladder combinations ...haven't try all possibilities yet but i am fast learning guy and really appreciate and respect knowledge from old dogs ... i will definitely explore Bite Filter more after u opinion :)
Honestly, I've never tried comparing the two so I can't say. Overall, I like the MS-20 synth better even though it's no where near as versatile. I'm sure it has a lot to do with growing up back then and wishing I could afford one. It was always one of my favorite synths. I only got to see it at my local dealer but was too afraid to even demo it because I was afraid I'd fall in love with it and not be able to afford it.

I was very poor back then. LOL.

VELLISLAV wrote:wag u r precious and i really enjoy u posts don't stop 2 b u ...wanna ask about 'The MS-20 has, IMO, the best filters of any synth ever made' - Synthmaster has gorgeous filters,probably some of the best available but what u and participants here thing about MS-20-style Synthmaster Bite Filter is it authentic...i still don't use it a lot cuz fell in love in Analog,Ladder and Diode Ladder combinations ...haven't try all possibilities yet but i am fast learning guy and really appreciate and respect knowledge from old dogs ... i will definitely explore Bite Filter more after u opinion :)
Personally, I think Diva has the nearest to the original. But to be honest, I listened to it for a short time in the shop (MS-20 Mini) and it is gorgeous ;) The Korg software isn't near to the real thing.

I don't know exactly how near is the Synthmaster, but IMO it has very good filters on par with Dune 2 but behind Diva.

Anyway, real analogues will always have the advantage of no aliasing, but the disadvantage of being a hardware. Still for the price, MS-20 Mini is a bargain. I hope I won't spend what's I'm saving now, and buy one in few months :D

EnGee wrote: Personally, I think Diva has the nearest to the original. But to be honest, I listened to it for a short time in the shop (MS-20 Mini) and it is gorgeous ;) The Korg software isn't near to the real thing.
TBH, after listening to many sound demos, that was also my verdict. Not even close. The software sounds flat and dry like a fart, while the filter of the real thing is very creamy, and the oscillator quite fat. I'm not a fan of the KLC MS-20, and that's also why i bought and sold it 2 times now. Anyone who's after that kind of sound should really buy the hardware IMO.

Return to “Instruments”