Egoist - Audio Input, Multi-output, and MIDI... plans?

Official support for: sugar-bytes.de
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Egoist is a great goto creative tool. However, when you get beyond the point of experimentation, and are edging towards production, it can become a little frustrating. Its just a little bit too isolated from the DAW. This is what I mean.

Audio Input
Egoist needs a stereo input. Yes, you can load samples into the slicer, but being able to record live audio into Egoist would keep the spontaneity alive. Would be perfect for those rare happy accidents when you're in the flow. A side-chain input?

Multi-output Edition
When you want to lay down a track, at the moment, you have to do it in multiple passes, as the slicer, bass, beats and FX are all sent to one stereo out. What would be much better would be multi output

- stereo out for slicer
- stereo (or mono) out for bass
- stereo out for beats
- stereo wet fx output

This way, you just assign tracks to each output and record once. This would be a much better solution.

MIDI OUT
At the moment, Egoist iPad edition outputs midi for bass which is excellent! I can reroute to other instruments if I want to. However, I haven't found this feature available on the desktop edition (though perhaps I'm missing something?). Anyhow, in short, at that composition/experimentation stage, it would also be useful to output beats patterns by MIDI. Standard MIDI note assignments could work and poss solve that CHH/OHH problem?

SugarBytes, any plans for the above? Anyone else want these features? Keep the love flowing for Egoist, the last update is superb!

I'd like a resampler to capture a created loop. Drag and drop a resampled loop to the daw.
Separate outs for each engine 1-16. The ability to play more than one engine at once.
And the fx slots to be modular. E.g. load your choice of fx to any slot.

Return to “Sugar Bytes”