Track Notes by The Lyons' Den (Mac and Windows: VST, AU)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've finished my first utility plugin: Track Notes.

Download Track Notes Demo here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zlo ... sp=sharing

This was initially started as a way to get into plugin development. I've been an audio fanatic for many years before I even made the decision to get into software development. I knew I wanted to at least dabble in a few plugins, even if they were utilitarian in nature. From this concept, Track Notes was born. Everything there is to know about Track Notes is located in the read me file.

Version 1.2.0 adds support for Windows VST and adds a new stealth mode, that hides the text in some of the editors to keep the clients from seeing the notes. It also adds a demo version. When the demo version runs, it runs exactly the same as the full version, except that will randomly choose a text editor and overwrite its contents every 20 minutes with a reminder that it is a demo version. The full version can be had for 5 USD ( https://www.paypal.me/JosephTimothyLyons/5 ). My system is not automated, when a purchase is made, I will manually send a link to the full download package to the email associated with your PayPal account (unless otherwise specified). I will also add your email address to my emailer for Track Notes updates. Because this is all done manually, it may take up to 24 hours for an order to complete.

Note: I packed the final package on a Mac, not thinking of how it might look when being opened on a Windows machine. After testing, I realize that the Mac hidden folders / items show up on the Windows side. Please ignore this for this update, this is a minor fluke, as I'm not used to releasing Windows and Mac combo packages. For each update moving forward, I will have separate Mac and Windows downloads. Sorry for the inconvenience.

The README contains practically every ounce of information needed. Everything from Licensing / Source Code, Purchase Information, Features, Currently Supported Formats, Changelog, Known Bugs, Future Features I'm Considering, Contact Information, and other notes. Make sure to read it before purchasing: https://github.com/JosephTLyons/Track-N ... /README.md
Last edited by joe_04_04 on Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:48 am, edited 11 times in total.

Will try, really usefull plugin :tu:

klinik wrote:Will try, really usefull plugin :tu:
There are a few known bugs, mostly with the timestamping of notes in some DAWs, let me know if you run into anything else.

Version 1.0.1 is here.

I did some tweaks on how the code for timestamps are made. I read the documentation for the code and moved the code to a better location that is recommended by the JUCE team. If timestamps are still not working correctly at this point, it is because the DAW is not providing information about the location of the playhead to the plugin and there's not much I can do about that (which is a shame). I'm not too optimistic, as it didn't change any of the wrong behavior in one of the DAWs I was testing AU in (Garageband). Even if the timestamps don't work, it should populate the fields with zeros, and not a bunch of crazy text strings like another user had, but still, if its not fixed here, its because the DAW isn't providing it.

Changelog:

June 11th, 2017 - v1.0.1
  • Fixed formatting issue with timestamps that included times above 60 minutes.
  • Images now load in the center of the screen, instead of the upper left-hand corner (this can be reverted if it bothers users and it doesn't fix the standing issue that one user had of the image not loading within a window frame)
  • Changed the location, in the code, of where the method that calls the timestamping is located to hopefully increase the stability of the plugin and maybe fix some of the timestamping failures in some DAWs, but this comes with an ever-so-slight increase in CPU (Ex. 16 instances causes a 0.1 percent increase in CPU on my Macbook Pro 2.8 gHz i7 quad core).
Last edited by joe_04_04 on Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Looks nice!
I'll try it tonight!

Version 1.1.0 is here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1YyN ... Gjq8k/edit

Also, price will probably go up a dollar or two as I continue to work on Track Notes, as it continues to grow and expand, mainly because I didn't expect to lose so much of the money to PayPal fees, with each copy sold earning me around 50 to 60 cents. Lastly, if you paid for Track Notes, all updates are entirely free, forever. I'm not keeping track of any of this though, its all based on an honors system.

If you purchased Track Notes and want a way to keep up with product releases, you can like my Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/TheLyonsDenSoftware/

This is a really cool utility. Not sure why more people haven't stopped in to comment, but I dig it.
I haven't purchased yet, but I plan to. Honestly I'd forgotten to until I saw this topic back in recent posts!

Russell Grand wrote:This is a really cool utility. Not sure why more people haven't stopped in to comment, but I dig it.
I haven't purchased yet, but I plan to. Honestly I'd forgotten to until I saw this topic back in recent posts!
Hey thanks, yeah, it hasn't gotten much attention here at KVR... it has received a little more over at Gearslutz. At any rate, take your time. There's no limit to the evaluation time. Only purchase if it works for you and you end up enjoying it.

PC VST should be coming shortly.

Version 1.2.0 is here. It includes Windows VST and a new stealth mode to hide notes from the clients eyes.

Previous owners have been emailed with link to the full version package.

Return to “Effects”