Your next guitar?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

incubus wrote:Time to shock the world:

http://www.ibanez.com/products/u_eg_det ... color=CL01

The key here is a bound neck. 19/17 mm is pretty thin so I don't want one w/o that. Purdy. But it doesn't really do anything that my beloved 1520 can't do. But I have a feeling it's one of "those" Ibanez that will be highly sought after.
Ash body + maple fretboard = bright and chimy with sharp pick attack
Basswood body + rosewood fretboard = smooth and balanced with even dynamics

Rich is right, the binding doesn't add any strength, they're probably just using it to cover up the maple fretboard. I've gotten enough Warmoth maple on maple necks to appreciate where they're coming from, it's not a great look.

btw, I'd love to see you get this guitar and then throw Dimarzio EJ Customs into it. As silly as that sounds for an Ibanez, it might be a great pairing.

We just built this, it has the new EMG Retro Active RA-5 pickup system, a retrofitted Telecaster bridge, some prototype tuners that the president of Kluson gave me, and a contoured heel for easy access to upper frets:

Here's another one we just built, it has Seymour Duncan Antiquity II Jazzmaster pickups (like Nels Cline uses), an original style Wilkinson trem, staggered locking Gotoh tuners with no string tree, and a Zero Glide nut:

Nwice!

yeah those are tight.

so....were moving soon...the gf and i sold her house and were buying another one. her parents currently live in the sold hose...so they have to pack up and gtfo.

her dad is pretty old now...doesnt see or hear well and motor skills are kinda shot...he had a bunch of instruments lying around....i got everything but the old tablas (i really wanted one of those).

included is a 1960's (65 maybe?) giannini gn60 acoustic. its in pretty decent shape...no scratches or anything. im not really up on guitars...but ive been told this is a keeper...and ive seen this model with scratches on it for sale online anywhere from $200 for a kinda beat up one...to over a grand for a nicer one.

also included was an electric mandolin with no markings i could find (which i havent even tested it to see if it works yet )and a bulbul tarang.

not bad.
ImageImageImage

not to be off topic, but what are those? a hurdy gurdy and a balilaika? the acoustic looks cool, too. but electric balilaika... score!

"There is no off topic in this thread if it's about a pic or a previous post"

:hihi:

Here's a sext beyotch:

I'm not going to buy it because it's a little too much bling for me, but man, dat neck!

I really want to get into fret leveling on my own:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3qWmjcBDvM

Stu mac has something similar (need to bone up on if they are any good)

The problem is, it's 600° in the garage where the workbench is and I don't have anything comfy to do that on inside.

Badly Jonesing for one of these at the moment, if I can sell a few bits I might have to do it.

http://www.schecterguitars.com/guitars/ ... let-detail

at the moment, can't afford the guitar i'd like (Ibanez or a G&L)... so i picked up several pickups to experiment with in the meantime...

2x distorted humbuckers; the seller says they 'sound great'...

1x dual-lipstick (fits in a humbucker-sized hole). with 4 wires, could do a coil split...

and the 'most exciting'... a single, 'virtual P90 from dimzarzio'. they change up the resistance and frequency between the two coils/halves, and apparently it results in a 'P90 sound', but without the buzz... it's got 4 wires. anyway, they say it sounds like a P90, only better, and it is a dual-coil in a soapbar footprint...

so i can check out a few more tones on these here guitars.

going forward, another thing on the list is a good, matching soapbar pair for the reville q90. a good pair of pickups could really improve that guitar.

Xiangqi wrote:not to be off topic, but what are those? a hurdy gurdy and a balilaika? the acoustic looks cool, too. but electric balilaika... score!
i mentioned what they were in my post:

an electric mandolin and a bulbul tarang.
ImageImageImage

Hermetech Mastering wrote:Badly Jonesing for one of these at the moment, if I can sell a few bits I might have to do it.

http://www.schecterguitars.com/guitars/ ... let-detail

Sustainiacs are a lot of fun! Make sure that the handle stay on and doesn't unravel on that, or I think you can get an after market arm that does. I had a pro mod and the damn arm never stayed put :evil:

Cheers, probably the first thing I'll do is remove the arm and never put it back on! :) If they did the Tele model with the Sustaniac/without the whammy I would go for that, but unfortunately they don't.

But the sustainiac with a trem is SO much fun!

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”