Waves summer sale

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

martinjuenke wrote:Waves is a no go for me because of its WUP thing...

SoundGoddess wrote:hey thanks everyone,

I think I will hold off a bit. I mean I really do love how RC-24 sounds, prolly don't need another reverb really. I guess the only thing really is that KU doesn't show a graphical display for EQ, and H-Eq seems like a pretty nice plug for $35. I mean ultimately I'd like Fabfilter Pro-Q but I have never seen that go for <$150. If I already have SSL modeling with KU then I won't bother with the E-channel. I do have a tendency to fall into plugin acquisition syndrome, honestly that is one of the primary reasons I bought KU was to not feel like I need anything else to do what I want to do.
I have H-Eq, paid $15 for it when I had a very specific need for another graphical EQ and didn't have one at the time. It's ok, it has a few nice features, but, overall, I think that it sounds harsh.

I love iZotope Neutron and that is my goto "technical" channel strip. I think that a much better investment than a bunch of Waves stuff is the iZotope production bundle when you can upgrade from any product for about $250 give or take.

There are free and low priced graphical EQs that will get the job done.

I don't remember why I didn't just get this at the time. I think that this package is excellent value.

http://www.toneboosters.com/trackessentials/

rod_zero wrote:Almost all DAW include a graphical EQ, which one are you using?
bitwig 2, the eq is ok but i guess I'm just a pretty visual person, would like to get something along the lines of fabfilter pro-q or izotope neutrino, but those are kind of pricey.
~ good luck ~
~ re~member to do good in a spirit of love, unity, compassion, and kindness ~

martinjuenke wrote:Waves is a no go for me because of its WUP thing...
it's not the end of the world, but i definitely prefer being able to install on multiple computers and not have to worry about moving authorizations around, it's not a dealbreaker for me but it does feel kinda greedy on their part. it's not like their drm even works to mitigate piracy anyway because i know of a couple of artists who apparently helped themselves to free copies of the entire Mercury bundle. i wish they'd follow arturia's lead and offer 5 activations, or at least 3, especially since they charge such a premium for their plugins.
~ good luck ~

I am a bigtime Pro-Q user/EQ plugin junkie but sometimes simplicity of workflow helps alot... and in that regard I find the Waves API 560 to be really great. The fixed frequencies are perfectly spaced for use on all kinds of instruments.

My latest love in EQ land is tilt EQs... can't believe I didn't get into them sooner - great for mastering.

SoundGoddess wrote:
bitwig 2, the eq is ok but i guess I'm just a pretty visual person, would like to get something along the lines of fabfilter pro-q or izotope neutrino, but those are kind of pricey.
I se, it seems it doesn't presents the current spectrum as Proq2 or even Ableton Live Eq8, I am right?
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote:
SoundGoddess wrote:
I se, it seems it doesn't presents the current spectrum as Proq2 or even Ableton Live Eq8, I am right?
It does, but you can't toggle full-screen with it.

loungepanda wrote:
rod_zero wrote:
SoundGoddess wrote:
It does, but you can't toggle full-screen with it.
yeah I just would like to see it a bit more fine tuned.
~ good luck ~

on the subject of parametric eq's, also check out the under-mentioned PR-Equa 87. beautiful device.

Tempted by CLA vocals which is currently on sale for $25.

What's the deal with Waves copy protection these days?

The the lowest price scenario, if you bought six $25 Waves plugins with all the discounts it will cost you $111.25 or $18.54 per plugin.
Plus
since you are over $80 you get one more plugin for free.

Or get four $25 plugin and one $29 for a total of $81.55
plus
since you are over $80 you get one more plugin for free.

Check my math before making any decisions.

Aliens wrote:Tempted by CLA vocals which is currently on sale for $25.

What's the deal with Waves copy protection these days?
I have CLA vocals - as much as I feel I am cheating when I use it, it works well for that instant commercial vocal sound. Quick, easy and just works.
Copy protection is easy, just authorise to your computer and job done. You have to use Waves Central installer but I find it painless.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

cprompt wrote:I have CLA vocals - as much as I feel I am cheating when I use it, it works well for that instant commercial vocal sound. Quick, easy and just works.
Copy protection is easy, just authorise to your computer and job done. You have to use Waves Central installer but I find it painless.
Thanks for the info. I'll look in to it :tu:

Hats off to Waves for some serious bargains during this sale - and even a few new releases.

F**k, I missed that!

Return to “Effects”