Ribs

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pekbro wrote:Its controlled via midi. Send it audio and midi, it will then refill and you can play it.
Thats as far as I've gotten so far. Its pretty neat. Its showing 32 stereo inputs here
and a single stereo out. *working fine @ 48khz for me.

*Double click a tab to select it, then you can fill it.

-Cheers
Thanks! Now I got it working! No idea of some controls though, but I'm getting weird/beautiful sounds out of this...

Sorry, I forgot to mention the role of incoming MIDI notes! Yes, they do trigger filling of the buffers and playing the sound. I've updated the description.
Last edited by 1eqinfinity on Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

parma wrote:+1 AU or Mac VST version
+ more for AU :tu:

1eqinfinity wrote:
stanlea wrote:Would it be possible to have a linux build ?
Never tried that, so I don't know yet :) And what format do you need?
LV2 or vst2 is fine. 64 bits.
You can't always get what you waaaant...

Btw, Ribs works with Wine and Reaper in Linux.

1eqinfinity wrote:Sorry, I forgot to mention the role of incoming MIDI notes! Yes, they do trigger filling of the buffers and playing the sound. I've updated the description.
One thing which can be misleading is that it is a VST effect, and not an instrument, so it's not often that we try to send mdi notes to an effect (of course, there are exceptions, like for Ribs, some other granular effects, vocoders and such).

works great at 96Khz in studio one, good job, it s a superb tool( i didn't test all the per notes possibility)

sinkmusic wrote:One thing which can be misleading is that it is a VST effect, and not an instrument, so it's not often that we try to send mdi notes to an effect (of course, there are exceptions, like for Ribs, some other granular effects, vocoders and such).
You're right that it belongs to the instruments more, but there's one reason not to do it - when marked as instruments, plugins pass the incoming audio through, and that's not how Ribs is ment to function. So I hope it's not a big problem.
Anyway thank you, it is the kind of feedback that I'm looking for :)

Cool! Will try it at once! :)
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

1eqinfinity wrote:
sinkmusic wrote:One thing which can be misleading is that it is a VST effect, and not an instrument, so it's not often that we try to send mdi notes to an effect (of course, there are exceptions, like for Ribs, some other granular effects, vocoders and such).
You're right that it belongs to the instruments more, but there's one reason not to do it - when marked as instruments, plugins pass the incoming audio through, and that's not how Ribs is ment to function. So I hope it's not a big problem.
Anyway thank you, it is the kind of feedback that I'm looking for :)
No, that is not a problem at all :)
Just something to mention clearly from the start if you consider making a PDF manual or a tutorial ;)

Nice one, looking forward to trying Ribs :tu:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Seems really cool, thanks for sharing it!
Will use it asap :tu:
Cheers :phones:

Wow! Looks VERY interesting,Thanks!

I'm all in for another tool in the granular toolbox. While I'm still wrapping my head around some of it I definitely got some insane sounds from it. Great job---

Looks good...add the sauce and good to go. Will test later :)

Return to “Instruments”