Dead Duck Software - opinions?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Classic Instruments Free Effects

Izak Synthiemental wrote:Too bad. But thanks for trying!
Yep, that`s the point, nice attitude ...
Intel i7-4790K | Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H | 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport | RME Babyface Pro | UAD PCIe Octo, Quad | Asus GT 730 | Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB | LG GH24NSB0 | W10 Pro 64bit | S1 latest

Is it an oversight that the DD Channel has no toggle to turn the limiter stage off? When you're pushing frequencies on the EQ, it hits the limiter and distorts. There doesn't seem to be an obvious way to turn it off and on. Any help would be great :)
Last edited by BRBWaffles on Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

BRBWaffles wrote:Is it an oversight that the DD Channel has no toggle to turn the limiter stage off? When you're pushing frequencies on the EQ, it hits the limiter and distorts. There doesn't seem to be an obvious way to turn it off and on.
+1
So we can add another inserts after it, but before the limiter

And possibly add a shape option (sin, saw, square, etc.) to the tremolo?

+1 for an on/off switch for the limiter on DD Channel. The limiter seems to be the only unit adding latency to the channel plugin (checked the separate plugins).

Coincidentally doing an amateur live audio project needing (latency free) freeware. This plugin is (almost) a gift from heaven!)

Greetings, Psync

BRBWaffles wrote:Is it an oversight that the DD Channel has no toggle to turn the limiter stage off? When you're pushing frequencies on the EQ, it hits the limiter and distorts. There doesn't seem to be an obvious way to turn it off and on. Any help would be great :)
No, it was a deliberate choice. The limiter introduces latency which it reports to the host when the plugin is loaded. Making the limiter bypassable messes with this and I decided at the time that the simplest solution was to just not have a bypass switch. I wasn't particularly comfortable with this at the time as it makes the plugin less versatile and goes against the overall design where every module is optional, but it was necessary to keep the project moving.

So I guess it's probably time to revisit that decision. Stay tuned ;)

@swatwork

Just a report, hopefully a fix for it.

The TiltEQ produce a tick noise when opening a session or when activated/deactivated it.

kinwie wrote:@swatwork

Just a report, hopefully a fix for it.

The TiltEQ produce a tick noise when opening a session or when activated/deactivated it.
What state is the plugin in when you hear this click? If the gain is not set to zero and there is audio passing through then it will click when activated/deactivated.

swatwork wrote: What state is the plugin in when you hear this click? If the gain is not set to zero and there is audio passing through then it will click when activated/deactivated.
Do you mean if the gain not set to zero and there is no audio passing?

That's the state of the plugin when I hear the click noise, quite loud.
Only on one channel, sometime left, sometime right, and the fader meter is red clipped.

Continuing working and reopening a session that use TiltEQ will have that click noise at very first beginning.
I check other plugins, they are no problem.

Thank you so much!!!

Can i suggest something new?
Saturation and Transient Shaper.

kinwie wrote:Continuing working and reopening a session that use TiltEQ will have that click noise at very first beginning.
I check other plugins, they are no problem.
OK, I can reproduce the click on loading a session in Mixcraft so something's not right. I'll look into it.

Thanks for reporting.

Steve

swatwork wrote: OK, I can reproduce the click on loading a session in Mixcraft so something's not right. I'll look into it.

Thanks for reporting.

Steve
Ah, yes, I always scared that any problems is on the fxpansion's adapter.
Thanks to look into it!

Not really a bug but,

In FLStudio (11) on W7 the monodelay (32 bit) gives an error when it is inserted in an fx track without activating it, and then pressing "bypass" on the plug in.
When it's activated the bypass on/off works fine, without an error message.

PS, I'm using version 1.3.2. with mousewheel and space-bar support :scared: 8) :lol:

kinwie wrote:Continuing working and reopening a session that use TiltEQ will have that click noise at very first beginning.
OK, this should be fixed in the next release.
Yeager wrote:Not really a bug but,

In FLStudio (11) on W7 the monodelay (32 bit) gives an error when it is inserted in an fx track without activating it, and then pressing "bypass" on the plug in.

PS, I'm using version 1.3.2. with mousewheel and space-bar support :scared: 8) :lol:
Definitely a bug. Reproduced and fixed for the next update.

Thanks for reporting. :tu:

swatwork wrote:
OK, this should be fixed in the next release.
Yeager wrote:Not really a bug but,

Definitely a bug. Reproduced and fixed for the next update.

Thanks for reporting. :tu:
:tu:

Return to “Effects”