Toneboosters VoicePitcher

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
TB VoicePitcher v3

hmm interesting plugin.. the pitch shift quality is way better than autotunes best mode, better than elastique pro, better than radius - there is juts no warbling or distortion..very very impressive!

but on the other hand, there is no pitch tracking so the wet/dry isn't very useful IMO to make harmonies, and there is no semitone snap which is really irritation.

QuickQuak is a much better plugin features wise (way more powerful) - but it's shift quality is not even 50% as good as the toneboosters product.

So if the dev is reading, something like quikquak pitchwheel features wise, and keeping the sound quality of voicepitcher.

And perhaps you could investigate the pitch tracker of antares harmony engine, as even though the PS quality sucks, it makes better harmonies due to the tracker.

Then again, for harmonies, nothing works better for me than vielklang anyway. So perhaps this is just a tool to have when you want to pitch something to fit into your songs, say for example a vocal sample into a song you have otherwise already written.

at the very least if you could add a semiton snap on off button, that would be great.

Just some ideas to throw out there - the pitch shift quality is the best out there, so perhaps you could add a delay and modulator for delay and pitch shift to make it a kick ass doubler..

Also, i wish the formant mode was simpler, just on or off, and no hz to choose. I find that strange but it does work but unlike nectar i need to tweak - i just want formant correction on or off IMO.

I'm gonna buy it just for the sake of having a good quality pitch and Formant shifter that works with no latency. Theo I'm pretty sure this is simply meant to pitch shift vocals not to correct intonation so they probably won't be adding snap to scale functionality to it if I had to guess. Incidentally most of the artifacts you get from Formant corrected vocal pitch shifters come from issues with pitch tracking so there would probably be all types of little issues added along with a pitch correction section.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

not asking for snap to scale mate but to have a snap to semitone option. So you can go + 1 through 12 in steps of 1 and same with -1 through -12. That's a fairly arbitrary request IMO.

I am going to try this for dialog to use in animation. I am just wondering if this has any benefit of just shifting the audio after recording. The main thing I guess is the actor (me in my case) will get immediate feedback on their performance and characterizations.

The price certainly is nice.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Did anyone else have issues with the audio examples on the site loading?
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

I couldn't see them on my stupid apple pad. They require flash. Played fine on my computer though.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Agree with the general vibe here... As I posted on a (related) transgendering thread, this thing is indeed shockingly good... It actually threatens a paradigm shift, like when they said a chess computer could never beat a grand master because there was this extra insurmountable 'something'... So too (typically staring at a frenzied mass of vocal harmonics) many have said (me included) it's just too complex, it's beyond manipulation...

Zoned wrote:Agree with the general vibe here... As I posted on a (related) transgendering thread, this thing is indeed shockingly good... It actually threatens a paradigm shift, like when they said a chess computer could never beat a grand master because there was this extra insurmountable 'something'... So too (typically staring at a frenzied mass of vocal harmonics) many have said (me included) it's just too complex, it's beyond manipulation...
Please guru, tell us more of cosmic accidents! :pray:

Return to “Effects”