Eh. Psp going back to PACE.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

PSP 2445 EMT v. 1.3.0 today update already using PACE.

As someone recovering from an HD crash, the only licenses still causing me grief and emails are the soft iLok ones... And I had backups in 2 places but nope, not good enough for soft PACE.

Shit system, I'll have to rethink once I eventually get up and running again.

I like to use the soft iLok for demos, but the physical iLok
is the way to go if you're going to use Pace protected stuff, imho.

I was against it for a long time, but when I finally caved and bought one,
I felt that the problems I had had with it, were largely unwarranted.
In my case anyway. The pros of finally being able to use software of
often exceptional quality, far outweighed any qualms I had.

Of course, I may feel differently if an iLok ever takes a crap on me.
Still, I doubt I would give up those pros even if that were to happen.

Just sayin...

Yea I'll either be buying physical iLok or selling /dumping the software involved

yeah i complained to them - changing authorization method in a point release update is, at best, just rude, at worst possibly illegal as i can't use the update (which includes new features) i've already paid for... i told them i wouldn't have bought it in the first place if i knew they'd do that... grrr

Absolutely. My entire PSP plug collection will be up for sale very soon.

My biggest issue so far is that I must open services in Windows and manually start PACE almost every time because it doesn't auto start when I boot up the computer. It's getting on my nerves. It is set to start automatically at boot up but it doesn't work.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

ATN69 wrote:My biggest issue so far is that I must open services in Windows and manually start PACE almost every time because it doesn't auto start when I boot up the computer. It's getting on my nerves. It is set to start automatically at boot up but it doesn't work.
i think you need to set it as a "automatic (delayed startup)" - they can't even get that right!

pwal wrote:
ATN69 wrote:My biggest issue so far is that I must open services in Windows and manually start PACE almost every time because it doesn't auto start when I boot up the computer. It's getting on my nerves. It is set to start automatically at boot up but it doesn't work.
i think you need to set it as a "automatic (delayed startup)" - they can't even get that right!
Thanks for the tip mate, but it is already set to delayed startup, and I still have this problem. It doesn't happen always but very often.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Well at least one good thing about going back to PACE, we can easily re-demo
their stuff. Handy, when something all of the sudden, turns up on sale for
a decent price.

-Cheers

Awesome update. Really glad I have an iLok. It is the best copy protection ever invented.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

thecontrolcentre wrote:Absolutely. My entire PSP plug collection will be up for sale very soon.
What's in it?

Aloysius wrote:Awesome update. Really glad I have an iLok. It is the best copy protection ever invented.
Best shackles invented are still shackles hahah

Yea but I got no complaints. Just don't use soft ilok.

Armagibbon wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:Absolutely. My entire PSP plug collection will be up for sale very soon.
What's in it?
608MD
Echo
N20
NeonHR
OldTimerME
PianoVerb2
Xenon

Just bought oldTimer... should have bought it years ago - what a smooth, silky, instantly gratifying sound.

Return to “Effects”