Small Stone Phaser VST?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Big Rock sounds great, but PLEASE don't support this company.
They don't answer support emails AT ALL.
NO SUPPORT. For a customer who owns all of their plugins, it's a real kick in the balls.
Please, get Phase Mistress or something. SoundToys are an awesome company.

I have Big Rock and Phase Mistress. I like both but as a choice I'd definitely go for SoundToys Phase Mistress.
http://www.soundtoys.com/product/phasemistress/

Taurus wrote:Any new suggestions for a good small stone phaser VST, especially freeware?
Bram SupaPhaser

https://youtu.be/XHFmu_x1xyQ

:tu:

the Super Phazor in this free thing sound nice to me 8) :D

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/guitar- ... py/details

PS. Put a stereo enhancer after it and it sounds even nicer...

Super Phaser sounds great. Can somebody post me the settings to get the typical small stone jarre type effect?

Chris-S wrote:Image
That is a very helpful picture. You can clearly see every small detail.

Let me see if I can enhance it:

soulone82 wrote:
Chris-S wrote:Image
That is a very helpful picture. You can clearly see every small detail.

Let me see if I can enhance it:

wtf? too blocky man. Use some aa on that shit.
supa-enhanced.jpg
Nows better. Even saved some extra space with jpg.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Thank you Chris-S, the settings sounds very well. Here I've made a new picture.
Unbenannt.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Perfect eyes you have, thanks. :tu: :D

sqigls wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:24 am Big Rock sounds great, but PLEASE don't support this company.
NO SUPPORT. For a customer who owns all of their plugins, it's a real kick in the balls.
Any chance you could add a review outlining this. I’ve just bought it as a result of the one favourable review on KVR, received a product that doesn’t work and THEN discovered this thread.

Yeah Big Rock is regarded as the gold standard but word is that the plugins are not actively supported so definitely a red flag. Also, it was 32 but only for seemingly forever. Not sure I'd it has been updated yet to 64 bit.

The best sounding one is the sample library from Acustica Nebula from Tim P. If my memory serves me correct.

As for me, I also love the small stone phaser and enjoy the one included in Waves GTR. You can get GTR full for around $49.99 USD or the lite version for $29.99. Both have the small stone models

it's a denormal problem.
I don't know enough technically to say much, but I've had EXTREME denormal clipping on both Windows and OSX, also extreme crashing... on Win - blue screen of death, on OSX same kinda thing... like i said before, I own all their plugs, and for so long LOVED the crap out of them, but both the phaser and the compressors suffer this denormal problem, it's quite random too. Also loading Big Rock while the song is playing, almost always causes a crash.

it's devastating.
I've long since removed all AA plugs from my live set, I don't load them into any new projects either. The dev hasn't answered my support tickets for 3 years or so... they should be removed from the KVR database. It's just not acceptable.

Wriggle wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:33 pm
sqigls wrote: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:24 am Big Rock sounds great, but PLEASE don't support this company.
Any chance you could add a review outlining this. I’ve just bought it as a result of the one favourable review on KVR, received a product that doesn’t work and THEN discovered this thread.

I've just updated my OS and have been loading some really old projects. Remarkably i've only had one BigRock crash... but the CL series is quite unstable, denormal noise blasts. 5 different operating systems and 3 or 4 different DAW versions, exact same issue. I really wish ArtsAcoustic would just fix these plugins, they really are still some of the best around. With quite a low load on the CPU... such a shame... I just spent a good 15 minutes trying to replace some instances of BigRock with other phasers, but it sounds so lush, i had to leave it in and just hope for no noise blasts or crashes.

Return to “Effects”