Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

Well thats good news.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

I hope George at DiscoDSP feels better. :hug:

Russell Grand wrote:I hope George at DiscoDSP feels better. :hug:
+1

I hope him to recover soon. He's a piece of the KVR community and you can definitely feel he's missing.
free multisamples (last upd: 22th May 2021).
-------------------------
I vote with my wallet.

mmm.... I'm guessing this could be the subject for a dedicated topic, perhaps?
free multisamples (last upd: 22th May 2021).
-------------------------
I vote with my wallet.

Wow, I thought George was indestructible. This must be something major. Would be nice if we could all hear from him. I'm sure lot's of people besides me, really do care about him.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

Pray for him people.
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

sin night wrote:mmm.... I'm guessing this could be the subject for a dedicated topic, perhaps?
Yes :tu:

I'm sick and unable to attend.
Thanks for your understanding.
Well thats good news.
rather a poor choice of words.
Wonder what took him 2 months to write that though
I take it being sick and >>> unable to attend <<<, simply. We don't know what has happened to him. Most probably it wasn't just a flu.

I FINALLY DID IT! :party:
After more than half and a year I finally was able to apply the skin I made for the OB-Xd.

What I was looking for was a look very similar to OB-Xa, so after seeing many pictures I used this shade of blue for the horizontal lines... The hardest thing was to make the separations between the lines good for labelling inside it and also for coinciding with the buttons and knobs ('cause I can't move them).
Also, I make all panels separations the same width to make it look clear, and tried to make buttons and knobs more similar to the ones on the hardware synth.

For the Legato-Voices screen I decided to make it look to the nearest machine that have a screen, so I used the style of the DMX, also trying to make all letters segments coincide in assigned places like in a real screen.

I changed some label names (a mix from the VST and the hardware version), but after adding the wood side panels and some shadows to have a 3D effect, I just can't add some texture to the back panel for the limitations in the png dimensions.

I can say that for me is a very good experience playing some sounds using this skin, and I hope it can inspire other people too.

You can download it here: https://archive.org/download/OBXdV1.1OB ... a_skin.dll

Last edited by dapupra on Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:24 pm, edited 3 times in total.

dapupra wrote:I FINALLY DID IT! :party:
After more than half and a year I finally was able to apply the skin I made for the OB-Xd.

What I was looking for was a look very similar to OB-Xa, so after seeing many pictures I used this shade of blue for the horizontal lines... The hardest thing was to make the separations between the lines good for labelling inside it and also for coinciding with the buttons and knobs ('cause I can't move them).
Also, I make all panels separations the same width to make it look clear, and tried to make buttons and knobs more similar to the ones on the hardware synth.

For the Legato-Voices screen I decided to make it look to the nearest machine that have a screen, so I used the style of the DMX, also trying to make all letters segments coincide in assigned places like in a real screen.

I changed some label names (a mix from the VST and the hardware version), but after adding the wood side panels and some shadows to have a 3D effect, I just can't add some texture to the back panel for the limitations in the png dimensions.

I can say that for me is a very good experience playing some sounds using this skin, and I hope it can inspire other people too.

You can download it here: https://archive.org/download/OBXdV1.1OB ... a_skin.dll
Nice one. Although the blue 'lines' are a bit too dark for my eyes, but I like the look of the gui. Nice work. :tu:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Halonmusic wrote:Nice one. Although the blue 'lines' are a bit too dark for my eyes, but I like the look of the gui. Nice work. :tu:
Nice to hear your fast comment.
Really the OB-Xa look was always considered hard to reproduce as it's hard to read on a screen. It's funny to see that the blue lines are too dark for you, 'cause I was afraid to have made it too much brighter :D ...but as I said, the hardest part is to find the right tone.

dapupra wrote:
Halonmusic wrote:Nice one. Although the blue 'lines' are a bit too dark for my eyes, but I like the look of the gui. Nice work. :tu:
Nice to hear your fast comment.
Really the OB-Xa look was always considered hard to reproduce as it's hard to read on a screen. It's funny to see that the blue lines are too dark for you, 'cause I was afraid to have made it too much brighter :D ...but as I said, the hardest part is to find the right tone.
No problem. My eye sight isnt what it used to be, but the more I look at that gui the more I like it. The tone is actually ok. Will download the gui :)

Hi dapupra,

Really great work, congrats! I know about the challenges to make a realistic looking skin for this since I tried it myself. :)
Great work on the spacing of the lines. I think the tone and brightness is fine since you don't want the lines become too distracting. Looks very close to the original as far as I can tell without actually owning one and judging from photos...

Question: What is the font for the labels? Also for the "OB-Xd"-logotype?

Cheers!

roodegar wrote:Question: What is the font for the labels? Also for the "OB-Xd"-logotype?
For the labels I used "Handel Gothic" while the logo was made with "Fremont" (bold)... only the logo hyphen between B-X was hand made (at least is so easy to do it), 'cause the font is really different.

@dapupra: The skins looks great, well done!

Return to “Instruments”