Waveform Problem Plugins

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks for the suggestions on the Waves plugs, guys! I deleted all Waves entries in the list and re-scanned. The scan picked up every plug, but the instruments still fail to load, and are categorized as effects, rather than instruments. The actual effects are fine. So something else is going on.

Next thing is to increase the number and location of scan paths, though I supposedly shouldn't have to, according to Waves online support docs. If that doesn't work, I surmise that I have some uninstalling and reinstalling to do...

Again, thanks!

zzz00m wrote:
dRowAudio wrote:Hi everyone, over the next few weeks we're going to be focusing on plugin compatibility as it appears there have been some regressions since T7.

I'll be trying to collate the issues posted here with status updates as we fix things so you can verify they work on your system as well as ours.

If you experience issues or crashes please either post your log files here (or send them to support) so we can get right to the root of the problem. Please also give a description of the problem and what architecture (32/64 bit) and plugin format you're using (VST/VST3/AU).
Just discovered several SONiVOX plugins that will not respond to any MIDI input. They will playback MIDI clips just fine, but if I assign a MIDI controller that works on another track to any one of these, the track input meter flashes to acknowledge MIDI data, but there is no response from the synth.

All VST, both (32/64 bit). Windows 10 Pro 1607 x64. Waveform 8.1.2 both (32/64 bit)

SONiVOX Wobble
SONiVOX Twist
SONiVOX Orchestral Companion Brass

These two respond slightly, but only without any sustain at all, even on a sustain articulation patch.

SONiVOX Orchestral Companion Strings
SONiVOX Orchestral Companion Woodwinds
8.1.12 Beta seems to have resolved this for me. Thanks! :tu:
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote:
zzz00m wrote:
dRowAudio wrote:Hi everyone, over the next few weeks we're going to be focusing on plugin compatibility as it appears there have been some regressions since T7.

I'll be trying to collate the issues posted here with status updates as we fix things so you can verify they work on your system as well as ours.

If you experience issues or crashes please either post your log files here (or send them to support) so we can get right to the root of the problem. Please also give a description of the problem and what architecture (32/64 bit) and plugin format you're using (VST/VST3/AU).
Just discovered several SONiVOX plugins that will not respond to any MIDI input. They will playback MIDI clips just fine, but if I assign a MIDI controller that works on another track to any one of these, the track input meter flashes to acknowledge MIDI data, but there is no response from the synth.

All VST, both (32/64 bit). Windows 10 Pro 1607 x64. Waveform 8.1.2 both (32/64 bit)

SONiVOX Wobble
SONiVOX Twist
SONiVOX Orchestral Companion Brass

These two respond slightly, but only without any sustain at all, even on a sustain articulation patch.

SONiVOX Orchestral Companion Strings
SONiVOX Orchestral Companion Woodwinds
8.1.12 Beta seems to have resolved this for me. Thanks! :tu:
Confirmed - same issue with TWIST on my similar system with latest Waveform.
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

Hi

I have just noticed tonight that some IK Multimedia plugins don't work in Waveform. The T-Racks plugins seem OK but Sonik Synth 2 and the CSR reverbs give a message "ERROR! - This plugin couldn't be loaded".

I'm using the 32bit VST plugins on a Windows 7 PC. They all still work in T5.

Warren

lopsy wrote:Hi

I have just noticed tonight that some IK Multimedia plugins don't work in Waveform. The T-Racks plugins seem OK but Sonik Synth 2 and the CSR reverbs give a message "ERROR! - This plugin couldn't be loaded".

I'm using the 32bit VST plugins on a Windows 7 PC. They all still work in T5.

Warren
IKM seems to have gone 64-bit only with many of their current products, such as SampleTank 3, Amplitube, etc. I noticed they didn't show up in my Waveform 32-bit.

So I assume that you already have some 32-bit plugs installed. Try confirming the install path and then in Waveform under "Scanning and sorting" clear your list, add any missing VST folders, and scan for new or updated plugins.

The only reason I say clear your list, is that it seems your existing list may be showing something, that may not be in the correct location. This way you get a completely refreshed scan list.

This is really not funny in 8.1.12 beta:

- in a former version I have loaded codex wavetable synth from waves (dont know about the waves problems, it just works) in a NEARLY FINISHED PROJECT !

- now my problem: I cant get get rid of it :cry:

- tried to replace the plug: crashes waveform immediately
- tried to delete the plug: crashes waveform immediately
- tried to delete the whole track: crashes waveform immediately

Evrytime I load the project it is there again, it even PLAYS the track without crashing, but I cant get rid of it :shock:

I´m working on a notebook with an external screen. The external is the main window, widescreen. I like to move plugins to the notebook window. Since I have updated to 8.1.12 beta I can´t move them back.
(Win7 x64 HP)

tatanka wrote:This is really not funny in 8.1.12 beta:

- in a former version I have loaded codex wavetable synth from waves (dont know about the waves problems, it just works) in a NEARLY FINISHED PROJECT !

- now my problem: I cant get get rid of it :cry:

- tried to replace the plug: crashes waveform immediately
- tried to delete the plug: crashes waveform immediately
- tried to delete the whole track: crashes waveform immediately

Evrytime I load the project it is there again, it even PLAYS the track without crashing, but I cant get rid of it :shock:
If Waveform crashes when you right-click on the plugin, try instead to select the plugin by first left-clicking, then down in the bottom properties panel, select "Delete Plugin".

try instead to select the plugin by first left-clicking, then down in the bottom properties panel, select "Delete Plugin"
zzzoom, thanks for the hint, but sadly I have tried this too with same effect (crash) :cry:

I now have taken the "final solution" and just deleted it from the plugin database. Of course this is no "solution" at all but when I opened the project again it is (finally) gone, dont even ask me that it could not find it.

Happy that I could go on working on the project but of course NOT happy with this bug.

tatanka wrote:
try instead to select the plugin by first left-clicking, then down in the bottom properties panel, select "Delete Plugin"
zzzoom, thanks for the hint, but sadly I have tried this too with same effect (crash) :cry:

I now have taken the "final solution" and just deleted it from the plugin database. Of course this is no "solution" at all but when I opened the project again it is (finally) gone, dont even ask me that it could not find it.

Happy that I could go on working on the project but of course NOT happy with this bug.
It appears that the beta version has fix some of these problems. Did you try the beta?
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

Yes, 8.1.12 beta. That was the strangest thing about it: I had a version running before in which wavecodex, despite the mentioned problems with wave plugins mentioned in here, worked without problem. I did not know about the waves problems and just loaded it to try something out. Then this strange bug appeared after update to 8.1.12 beta. So in this case they must have "disimproved" something in between.

I just tried the iZotope BreakTweaker trial. It crashes when dragging into Waveform 8.1.12 64-bit or 8.1.12b 64-bit. It works okay in Tracktion 7 64-bit.
i9-10980HK. Windows 10 (21H2). Komplete Audio 6. Studio One 5.4.1.

I guess I'll go back to T until they get W sorted.

If Waveform crashes when you right-click on the plugin, try instead to select the plugin by first left-clicking, then down in the bottom properties panel, select "Delete Plugin".
Yeah came to this workaround that does work but it also created a new tab so i had two tabs of the same project. One unedited and one with the plugin removed. A little bit of finagling to delete the old project and had to use the same technique.

The thing i noticed was the problem plugs were running VST3 and had to reorganize them to use as VST2.4.

fedexnman wrote:Renoise Redux Rack Wrapper won't multioutput in Waveform , but works in Tracktion 7 .... So must be something buggy with Racks or Redux .
Racks Wrapper still not jiving ..... Multi out Renoise Redux ... Can't get Poise to multi out either but at least it's working now ... Waveform 8.1.14 beta. ... I hate this .... TRACKTION AND WAVEFORM are such GOOD hosts and stuff doesn't seem to get fixed still ..... Just venting at least Poise is working now . :dog:

Return to “Tracktion”