On the fence. Getting myself a birthday present. Advice appreciated

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Current studio rig:
* = (not getting much use)

DAW - Synapse Audio Orion
Hardware:
Akai MAX25 pro
Alesis Micron
Korg Electribe Sampler 2
Korg KAOS PAD KP3
Korg Minilogue
Korg MS-20 mini
Korg SQ-1
* Korg Triton
Korg Volca Sample
Roland JD-Xi
* Roland MC-307
Roland MX-1
Roland SBX-1 (on back order, I should have it next week)
Roland Scooper
Roland Demora

I have been interested in the following two pieces, which once purchased should help to stay off my gear lust for a while. The Roland System-1m with midi/cv/gate and plug-out technology seems like it would fit right into my setup. I still have an AIRA usb port available on the MX-1 that it would work with. I have been coveting it for a while. I just discovered, however, the 1010 Audio Bitbox. It would be nice to have a proper sampler again. I have found that I am not using the Electribe as a sampler so much as it is a bit cumbersome and the sample time is limited. The Bitbox finally seems like a sampler that is flexible, creative, easy to use, and fun. Looking for advice and recommendations.

Thanks!
7zark7

Nice!!! The 1010 Audio Bitbox looks very interesting!

One suggestion I might make concerns your Triton(!) of all things - Does it have a MOSS board in it? If not: I bought a MOSS board for a Korg Karma I still have lying around - it was a surprisingly interesting add-on, IMHO - and can be had fairly cheap trolling ebay *or* GC (bought a well-used Triton keyboard a while back from GC for a great price - that came with both MOSS & EXB boards installed)

-GA

Thanks. I will look into it. The Triton Just doesn't fit in the cockpit anymore. I would have to restructure the studio and get familiar with it. I feel like I saved it when I bought it for $120 from a guy as he was taking it into pawn. Messed around with it long enough to know that it works.

-7zark7

That's a crazy-good price! You'd likely make $$$ if you decided to sell it on ebay - maybe take the money that you'd make, & buy something way more modern, like the '1m (good option) -

Quite frankly: if you can't find a MOSS board for a good/great price in a reasonable amount of time - I wouldn't listen to me - I'd buy the stuff on your list instead - what you want -

The reason for the MOSS suggestion is that at least in my collection: I don't have anything that's really like the Karma w/the MOSS board - even though the combo is not a real Z-1 (the keyboard that the tech came from) - it has interesting capabilities & sound; although the MOSS has limited polyphony (6 notes - the Triton itself has 62-note polyphony)

I'd go with the System 1m
:borg:

This is where it get's surreal: Check out the patch 'laughter' starting at ~1:25 -
Synthesized - no samples - crazy, huh?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_Uj2p8JnyE&t=0s

What would be the "forum etiquette" for re-posting this in the modular section of the forum? I was thinking that I might get some more advice there.

Thanks,
7zark7

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”