DUNE 2 is out now!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DUNE 3

you could replace the amp env with a mseg and try different quality setting

IMHO the comparisons between Dune 2 and Spire are understandable, though not particularly relevant. From my perspective, it's not Dune 2 or Spire, it's Dune 2 & Spire -- plus Serum. Hive too for the quick & easy that sounds great.
* AKAI, KRK, UAD, Softube Vol 1, Soundtoys
* Live, Logic, Serum, Spire, Dune 2, Hive

It seems like you can have Dune 2 + anything. I don't think there isn't anything quite like it. All synths seems to be just enough different to give credence for purchasing them all. Is it worth it? Probably not, but focusing on what kind of sounds you can get out of synth as the determining factor leads to the thought "I don't need X because Y can create the same sound".
Hypothetically speaking, assuming all synths sound the same, and all synths can create the same sound- you have the factors such as: gui, presets, workflow, flavor, inspiration, support, shared information, professional usage, discounts, company future, studio setup etc. This is a big part of why people on here sell a synth then rebuy it. This is why Sylenth1 isn't dead yet (although it has a unique sound just like all synths but applying the hypothetical premise above it is purpose enough) . This is
why non-patch makers decide what they do. Pertinent is why protools was used so much.
Shiny toys are popular on Kvr. This is why you love both of your twins. This is why you seem to love that basic synth many others find unappealing. So, when on a budget or prefer a simpler setup it's best to hit many angles of sound capabilities. Bad advice: if you want to experience every color of the rainbow, might as well buy Ableton through Zebra.

You can bring character, or quality, but you are going to have to bring SOMETHING to the table to make me fill up more disk space at this point. I have my bases covered and then some. Truth is I could get rid of one or two more pieces but I love playing one of them so much I can't let it go. I had spire, dune2, synthmaster, blofeld, and hive, plus the u-he modulars, and that is just too much for me to play and too much over lap. I'm keeping the highest quality ones that bring something unique to the table, and give me the most usability. Dune's modulation resolution is clear to me, but it may not be to everyone and not every one's set up. Same with synthmaster. The modulation resolution makes a world of difference. I'm beginning to think it's what sets apart high quality sound with weight and depth.

I patched this using Dune's audio rate this morning. Won't be up long as usual.

*late

And when you take it right to the edge of tonality...

https://soundcloud.com/jeremy-me/dash_kerplunk

Dasheesh wrote:And when you take it right to the edge of tonality...

https://soundcloud.com/jeremy-me/dash_kerplunk
Dude triple post. Settle.
* AKAI, KRK, UAD, Softube Vol 1, Soundtoys
* Live, Logic, Serum, Spire, Dune 2, Hive

I have update my free mini bank for dune2.5
mini bank but big Wt folder -:)
you can find 152 wavetables and 91 presets:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yqyrxzviylnw5 ... e.rar?dl=0

have a nice week-end.

Wow, great stuff kokotte, thanks for sharing! 8)

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

kokotte wrote:I have update my free mini bank for dune2.5

have a nice week-end.
amazing, thank you!

Richard, are there plans to update Dune 2 browser to be able to tag favorites?

Elektronisch wrote:Richard, are there plans to update Dune 2 browser to be able to tag favorites?
We haven't planned it just yet, but I think once the factory patch library grows beyond a certain limit (exceeding say 1000-1500 patches) we will work on it.

Richard
Synapse Audio Software - www.synapse-audio.com

Richard_Synapse wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:Richard, are there plans to update Dune 2 browser to be able to tag favorites?
We haven't planned it just yet, but I think once the factory patch library grows beyond a certain limit (exceeding say 1000-1500 patches) we will work on it.

Richard
Will there be a Wavetable editor? :)
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

PietW. wrote:
Will there be a Wavetable editor? :)
Please! :pray:
바보

kokotte wrote:I have update my free mini bank for dune2.5

have a nice week-end.
Thank you. When I load your bank in Dune 2 in Fl Studio, I get an error pop up "This patch requires DUNE v2.22. Please download your free update". I get the pop up for almost every preset I select in the bank but presets 047 and 048 load without the pop up displaying. If I hit "ok" at the bottom of the pop up for the other patches, the patches then load.

I currently have version 2.5 of Dune2
Play it by ear

Return to “Instruments”