Is plugin market going down?

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pekbro wrote:I think that pretty much all the developers who have commented in this
thread would fall under the category of having already, successfully done
it the hard way. The only thing I might consider, if I were Urs in particular,
would be to offer the Uhbik line individually for $20-30 each, as well as bundled.
This would give you a very low cost product line, with minimal effort.
An easy way to bolster your customer base with excellent entry-level appeal.

-Cheers
Damn fine idea and would love to see this as well.

This was posted by an investment firm named "outsider club" in a weekly email.
I don't know if the future projection is right, but probably the past data is correct and may be a part of the picture discussed in this thread.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
~stratum~

Well, as people get older, fewer of them will stop working at 54.

All I can add is the frustration I get when the products video is someone who is hard to understand. I'm sorry but people from India or wherever jobs are outsourced do not speak well as they think. Mainly due to accent. If I don't want tech support from india I sure as hell don't want to watch a youtube video from one. It's not racist. Just gets old people aren't marketing properly. Simple, hire someone from the continent you are selling to, to do the speaking if you weren't born there. Even worse are the videos with just add text. No speaking at all. I can bet at least once a month I close the web page because of this. Where I was interested but not anymore. The amount of time it must take to make plugins yet they lose sales at the finish line where maybe a half hour of planning could fix.

Interesting thread... I've only just discovered it. So I'll expose myself: here are the conversion rates for DDMF since I've started using Analytics. I do see a bit of a downward trend, probably because what were rather cheap prices some years ago are now perceived to be average.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I'd post ours, but Analytics somehow counts a lot of sales twice (or thrice even?). Our conversion rate is still somewhat around 1%, which it always was. Hope our new website will make it a bit easier.

Urs,

Will your team make subsectional expansions for Diva II? I want to collect the whole synth!

Diva is broke down into options for filter, oscillators, etc.

Given the great success of Diva. I would love to see a whole world of emulations released in Diva II. Plugins for a plugin. I know I'd want the whole collection, especially if I knew how many were going to be coming out ahead of time, so that I might not feel it's complete until I collect the entire set. One for every color of the rainbow would be great. Great success ahead!

Cheers,
V

ps. Please keep the originals from Diva in Diva II shoot the quality up. :hug:
pps. The market is just fine.
SLH - Yes, I am a woman, deal with it.

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”