Viper|1.2.2 update with bugfixes and new skin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Viper

I dont know guys, everyone says ooh just use Juice everyone uses it etc etc like I can learn it in 5 minutes. Sure, I can do a "Hellow World" program in 10 mins with the help of a tutorial, but to create a "Virusy" plugin, I need to know all the most advanced features/hacks undocumented stuff etc. This takes several years until I learn the inside out whether its Juice or C++ or whatever. Even in Flowstone, its a miracle I managed to create this, because after 6-7 years I learned everything about it and I was able to think outside of the box, and did stuff no one else did with Flowstone. So yeah, one day I will surely want to learn a "proper" vst environment, but it wont be tomorrow. I still need to get this (32 bit) shit out haha.
http://www.adamszabo.com/ - Synths, soundsets and music

If it is good I will buy it all though it's 32-bit only, and as long as it doesn't crash FL Studio :D I hope the buggy IL-bridge will work fine with it. Please test it if you can. I have the JP6K and it's only 32-bit version but it works fine with the IL-bridge and I never had a crash due to JP6K + IL bridge. Hope it didn't jinx the whole thing by saying this :scared: I will for sure demo Viper carefully before I pull the trigger on it.

Anyway, for all the millions of dollars you will make from selling Viper I am sure you can afford either a programmer that can turn Viper into 64-bit or to pay for C++ tuition so that you can learn how to do it yourself :hihi:
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

I have FL Studio as my daw so that was my main host and I am happy to say it works just fine ;)

Maybe i'll give jBridge a try. I hate bridging though. It takes additional CPU cycles, and there's always some sort of issue with it, especially GUI retated things. Or not catching the computer keyboard, when you use a virtual MIDI keyboard.

Compared to the bugs and limitations of Virus Control plugin everything is better :)

I've used Jbridge with some 32 bit stuff in Studio One x64, in my experience it doesn't seem to intorduce any bugs or issues per se.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

If the sound is ok and nice you have for sure money can not wait to test it.

I'm getting very excited to try this plugin. Will there be a demo version when it's released?

Yes there will be a demo, so everyone can try it before testing/deciding ;)

Juce isn't so bad man. You got any experience with programming? You can do that shit. Get a good ide and it's like flowstone, but with lines of code and arguments instead of functional blocks with connectors and scripts. Might make the blocks yourself in header and source files I guess? It's really all the same shit just organized differently.

You'll like it if you can already do crazy shit like this.

Bridging is not a very good option, it's no longer supported by some DAWs like Cubase. With 3rd party tools like jBridge the DAW must run with admin privileges which is against all security rules. I will not speak about extra CPU cycles, instabilities and such stuff.

64 Bit is very important, a new released 32Bit plugin would no have any chance on my system.

4damind wrote:With 3rd party tools like jBridge the DAW must run with admin privileges which is against all security rules.
I always run my DAW as an admin, am I doing smth wrong here?

When I launch the DAW not as admin some plugins may not properly work, iirc the license for Valhalla VVerb goes inactive and so on.

My own personal situation experience with bridging has been horrendous on my 64 OS and 32 Cubase. I spoke to a friend and explained it to him, he is an IT tech and has some experience. He seemed to think bridging was a real fudge technique and is not suprised it is fraught with instabilities for many.

I have a stable Cubase 9 system now, I really wanted to try Viper but won't now. :( That is sad for me and the developer. Maybe Viper would bridge ok maybe not. Maybe I could try but don't wish to rock the boat. Most important now is making the music, how I get there is going to be related to keeping a stable system now I have one, not so much giving priority to an individual plug in.

It needs to be 64 bit native for me as I will not risk stability of my system which now I have experienced it, counts for a lot.

I wish it all the best and will still be excited to hear peoples results with it. And I will also be a little envious !
Last edited by Synthman2000 on Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

recursive one wrote:
4damind wrote:With 3rd party tools like jBridge the DAW must run with admin privileges which is against all security rules.
I always run my DAW as an admin, am I doing smth wrong here?

When I launch the DAW not as admin some plugins may not properly work, iirc the license for Valhalla VVerb goes inactive and so on.
I don't think it's wrong, or anything bad can happen. But, i'm also logged on in Windows as user with normal user rights, and starting software like a DAW as admin is a bit of a pain, because everything is managed in the admin user's folders then (Documents, AppData, and stuff), and it's just not necessary, because i have all my plugins in folders which won't need admin rights to read and write to. Let's just say it's "good style" to make software work for the logged on user, so that you don't have to use admin rights to run it. And, as 4damind mentioned, it is more insecure to run security relevant software as admin, because the software has rights to write to system folders per default then. DAW's shouldn't be a problem in that regard though, unless they use connections to websites, for the use of cloud space, or similar stuff. I don't know too much about that though, so, i can't really say if that's an issue or not. I'd rather think not. Again, more about good style really.

I totally second anything else 4damind wrote though. In 2017, it's an absolute necessity for me to have 64-bit versions of my plugins. I do understand the reasons why Adam doesn't offer it though. But, that will cut a not to neglect part of customers.

Thanks, I see. I don't have a constant web conenction on my DAW machine and don't use any cloud-based stuff. My DAW machine is only for the DAW :)

I see how the lack of a native 64 bit verison may be a major concern for some people but for me having the Virus sound in my DAW without the need to deal with the actual Virus worth the inconvenience of using a bridge. So far the Virus Control plugin gave me much more troubles than any 32 bit plugins I've tried to bridge.

I could understand that if you did not own a Virus and want some of the VA / basic FM flavour. But to have only part of a Virus emulated with arguably the most important part of the sound engine missing seems like a big compromise that can be navigated with little effort. Effort that is already familiar territory, if not cumbersome.

A bridge that don't work (if that is the case and I am not saying it will be, it might work perfectly, these things are typically very system dependent, DAW/computer etc.) will, relatively speaking, make Virus TI integration seem like a dream come true. Having synths go missing and endless GUI problems and all sorts of other unpredictable behaviour is far from enjoyable.

Everyone can make their own decisions of course based on their own exact findings. 8) I may yet change my mind and try it, depending on how I feel and how things develop and what people report as their experiences.

Return to “Instruments”