Is the Focusrite Liquid 56 'outdated' by today's standards?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kr3eM wrote:
foosnark wrote: I just recently got a Saffire Pro 40, and the FireWire card I bought specifically because it has the chipset Focusrite recommends, just plain didn't work -- whether defective or incompatible with my computer, I'm not sure.
I recall I had to revert to the Windows Legacy FireWire driver on my PCIe firewire card when I went from winXP to win7. Can't tell if this is still the way to go since it was quite a long time ago. Perhaps you already knew this but I thought it was worth to mention.
Had the same issue with Win8.1 (had dropouts even with compliant OHCI drivers), easy fix though. Has been running well since 2010.

Don't think being 'outdated' is anything to worry about. In a couple years today's "new" Thunderbolt interfaces will be 'outdated'. Any good soundcard will(and should) outlive the PC/Mac tech cycle because of good build quality. The most important thing are sonics, build quality/reliability, and driver support.

My Focusrite Liquid-Mix Works Fine with an firewire 400 to 800 and an apple Firewire 80 to thunderbolt

i doubt it adds latency
If your plugin is a Synth-edit/synth-maker creation, Say So.
If not Make a Mac version of your Plugins Please.

https://soundcloud.com/realmarco

...everyone is out to get me!!!!!!!

I'm using it with a windows 10 notebook without any problems. I had to buy 2 adapters from Apple to be able to connect it via Thunderbolt, but it works. The sound is very good and it has enough inputs and outputs. I like it a lot.

Return to “Effects”