Waveform Problem Plugins

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm having problems with the free DDMF IIEQ plugin 64 bit. If I add more than 2 instances waveform crashes after making a loud buzzing noise for about 15 seconds. I'm using version 8.1.14, 64 bit on windows 10 laptop.

I have a strange behavior. I move a clip and notes' lengths and intervals are changed. I can no longer just drag the clip to opverlap the neighbouring clip. Any help? This hell seems to happen if you manipulate a clip looped previously or a part of such a looped clip.
Can anyone help with that problem???
Last edited by solomute on Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
samplitude is the best daw for me. To have studio like sound before asking questions on any audio forums in the internet please read the book by alex unlocking fx creative potential

The bx_refinement plugin from Plugin Alliance: if I add the plugin to an edit while I am working on it there is no issue at first, but if I then try to open that edit after closing Waveform (whether because it was left open and it just opens with the program, or by double-clicking on it in the list of edits for the project) Waveform crashes.

Happening with both the AU and VST versions of the plugin (have not tried VST3).

Waveform 8.1.2 64-bit on the Mac.
Version 1.3.1 of the plugin.

Renoise Redux has just two stereo outputs
this problem wasnt present with previous version of Tracktion
thank you...

fwsuperhero wrote:Renoise Redux has just two stereo outputs
this problem wasnt present with previous version of Tracktion
thank you...
Yep , and the new Beta doesn't fix issue still.

I'm currently working on addressing this but the only viable solution is to add an option to enable you to change the channel layouts of plugins. The reason we have to do this is there is now no way to get the exact same default behaviour as in T7 due to changes in the framework that Waveform is developed on.

(N.B. default here is used to refer to the channel layout that the plugin opens with if we don't try and change it. This is the behaviour that has changed in the framework we use).

There's two main problems we need to cover:
1) We can't open the default number of channels for one main reason
• Some plugins that used to open in stereo now open in mono by default
-> To address this we are checking the default bus of plugins and if they have been opened as mono, we attempt to open them as stereo as this is closest to the old behaviour and avoids confusing problems having mono plugins on stereo tracks
2) However, we can't open the maximum number of channels for several reasons:
• Some plugins report that they can open a large number of channels (e.g. 5.1) but actually fall silent when we do this. These plugins only seem able to support their default layouts
• If we open the maximum number of channels, some plugins used to open in stereo but will now open with a large number of channels
• If we open the maximum number of channels, some plugins use a huge amount of resources even though those additional channels may never be used (e.g. if they're in a stereo track rather than a rack)
-> For these reason, for any plugins that aren't mono, we leave the default channel configuration

So the new default will be to let the plugin open with whatever it does by default (except if it is a mono VST2, then we attempt to open it in stereo) and you'll have new options to change the channel layouts of the buses. This is the most flexible solution and should cover all use cases.

Hopefully you guys figure out a fix or some kind of work around implementation for the multi output plugins and racks issues . :ud:

iZotope Iris 2 v2.02.415 crashes Waveform 8.1.14 x64 when trying to insert a VST3 instance. The VST2 works OK.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

steroidbouncer - waveform crashes if i open its gui during playback
samplitude is the best daw for me. To have studio like sound before asking questions on any audio forums in the internet please read the book by alex unlocking fx creative potential

poly 2106 synth. Sound disappers on starting second playback.

Alas, the same crap converns prodigious synthesizer. Decay button is by itself depressed when playback is started. Dasample electroacoustic guitar also loses sound when playback is started. It means that waveform does not work normally with 32bit plugins via jbridge. I went back to tracktion and I have the same problem. 32-bit vsts do not work during playback which means something is wrong with that jbridge or with something I don't know ... Maybe the problem is caused by faulty hardware. Damn

solomute wrote:Alas, the same crap converns prodigious synthesizer. Decay button is by itself depressed when playback is started. Dasample electroacoustic guitar also loses sound when playback is started. It means that waveform does not work normally with 32bit plugins via jbridge. I went back to tracktion and I have the same problem. 32-bit vsts do not work during playback which means something is wrong with that jbridge or with something I don't know ... Maybe the problem is caused by faulty hardware. Damn
Try the 32 bit plugins in the 32 bit version of Waveform, to figure out if it's a jbridge issue or not. If it is, contact the guy who develops jbridge.
"my gosh it's a friggin hardware"

I have figured out it's not jbridge who is to blame. It also happens to 64bit plugins or to be precise to several tracks of waveform that is if press keys of midikeyboard i get sound but when i start playback notes from midi clips on the same tracks are not played or sound is choked ie distorted and of low volume. Then my pc reboots in several minutes. I thought it could be caused by high cpu load of about 50% but i have run benchmark tests loading cpu to 100% and had no reboots. So it's not connected with plugins since for example i have a 64bit sampler which outputs audio to several tracks and some tracks have normal sound but other tracks receiving audio from the same sampler have that problem. May be it's connected to hardware or waveform project configuration file is somehow damaged. My OS has no viruses.

Update. I have checked target destionations and found that there was improper configuration of the tracks which receive audio from the 64-bit sampler. This has been remedied. So the problem concerns only 32bit plugins (ironically the best ones like those synths from synthescience). Also i have fixed reboots by decreasing cpu multiplier by 2 stops.
Try the 32 bit plugins in the 32 bit version of Waveform, to figure out if it's a jbridge issue or not. If it is, contact the guy who develops jbridge.
I have tried xlutop vst plugin rack vst. It loads 32bit vst dlls directly without jbridge though xlutop itself uses jbridge. The problem persists the same way. But the version of jbrdige is the same and some time ago the same 32bit vsts worked well. Which means it's either waveforms' failure or something within my OS or their interaction. Does waveform use any microsoft libs like visualc2005, 2008? May be i need to reinstall some systemwide libs...

Waves IR1 crashes on load. It didn't until I updated "Waves Central" in order to install Scheps 1073. Other Waves plugins may also be affected, but not all.

Waveform 8.1.16 doesn't like the Tonebooster's VST's and crashes every time...

That's a shame because they are great plugins :(
No auto tune...

Return to “Tracktion”