B5 Questions

Official support for: acousticsamples.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I really love B5, but I have several questions and comments that are not answered by the manual, or anywhere on Acoustic Samples site.

Concerning B5:

Under speaker prefs/model selection, what is MD, LOG, LT, and VB?
Why is there no version # in the GUI? I have no idea what update of version 2 I am using. The UVI host always confirms it's running version in the upper left hand corner, but not B5.

Concerning Acoustic Samples:

KVR is listed on AS site as their home forum, but doesn't respond on it. They do some responding on other sites, but you really have to do some searching.
WHY?

The blog on AS hasn't been updated in over a year, yet version 2 came out, and several updates apparently have followed without any notification or update info. I do not understand this. As a devoted customer, I would really like to be informed on any improvements or changes and what those changes are. Five minutes of work on the blog is not too much to ask for such a quality product. I understand that the B5 page was eventually updated on V2, but the blog is an announcement page. I really don't like being informed from other people several days later that a change has occurred, but no idea of the changes. Just my 2 cents. I sometimes feel like I am more proud of the product than the developer. The lack of attention to customer notification and site updates are not becoming of such a great product.

1- As the menu says, these are cabinet models and voicings. We do not advertise the names for these 4 as they are voiced (and i insist on "voiced") after "known" Leslies.

2- The version number is in the UVI Workstation interface when you select the soundbank.

3- A forum is not necessarily for us to answer and is supposed to be public. Also there is no way to be notified by default of a new thread and we don't check the forum every day because if someone has a question, it is better to use the support on our website.

4- The blog isn't read very much, so we kind of stopped posting in it, but we do send emails, there was one for the B-5 version 2 and another one for a small update, so if you did not get it, maybe you did not subscribe to our newsletter.
The fact that you did not get anything else for the other versions is because they were very minor updates (like a fix for the mapping of half moon on the crumar keyboards). Regarding the latest update, it's more of a test build to try and fix an issue for some users, so until we get a positive response of all of the users, we won't advertise it, and again, it's something minor that does not change anything for you if you did not have problems.

What you also need to know is that for a small company like ours, spending time on blogs, forums and other things like that is also less time working on new products and updates, and really that kind of post does not help much.
It would help much more to see a post about what you like, because in the end, i'm sure you prefer a good product and no forum presence than a bad product and a lot of posts.

And of course, you can ask your questions on our website, we have a dedicated support page where all this could have been answered to quickly.

Thank you very much for the response. You answered all my questions and I really appreciate it. Thanks also for version 2. Simply amazing!!

Return to “AcousticsampleS”