Best free amp sim & cabinet for metal guitars?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

incubus wrote:
AC222 wrote:
pattonfreak1 wrote:Free? Ignite Amps Emissary
Yep, don't sleep on the Anvil either
Good company, many excellent options, please donate!!!!!!!!!!!
Yapp!! Ignite Amps. TSE and AXP are among the tops :tu: :tu:

BRBWaffles wrote: This is the frequency response from LePou's Lecto on default settings with 0dB of tilt on the chart. The highs aren't filtered, and are actually louder than the lows.

Try to play with it

This is a sample of AXP Flextron, set for old-metal tone :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIBLuMl_BWY

kinwie wrote:
BRBWaffles wrote: This is the frequency response from LePou's Lecto on default settings with 0dB of tilt on the chart. The highs aren't filtered, and are actually louder than the lows.

Try to play with it
I did. I played through it. I ran a DI track through it. I ran pink noise through it. I adjusted settings. I cannot recreate this filter effect you're talking about unless I turn the high and presence all the way down, and even then it's not genuinely filtered. The spectrum analyzer and frequency response curve shows no evidence of an inherent high frequency filtering effect or comb filtering effect. Sorry, man. It's not there. Whatever you're hearing likely doesn't have anything to do with the plugin itself.

possibly i use a wrong word, filtered, maybe a better word is Gated.
Well, maybe one day you will aware what is missing :D

if something is missing, it should be possible to measure it. doesn't look like anything's missing in LePou amp sims.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Ahh, this can turn into another argumenting thread :dog: :dog:
I'm outta here :scared: :scared:

kinwie wrote:Ahh, this can turn into another argumenting thread :dog: :dog:
I'm outta here :scared: :scared:
That's ridiculous. You said "LePou amps is not good cause it filtered the highs too much". When you were unable to backup this up with evidence, and others were able to quite clearly demonstrate you are wrong, you say you used the wrong word and then you're "outta here". Don't post rubbish and then leave.. post an audio clip demonstrating the problem, or a screen capture or anything :roll:
A bit fried in the higher freqs

Nahh, here we go :dog: :dog:
I should keep my mouth shut and not comment about LePou stuffs.
Sorry, just ignore my posts, or if required, I can just delete them :tu:

kinwie wrote:Nahh, here we go :dog: :dog:
I should keep my mouth shut and not comment about LePou stuffs.
Sorry, just ignore my posts, or if required, I can just delete them :tu:
No, you are completely entitled to post your opinions, observations and findings. I value other people's input. It's just you made a comment which you were unable to demonstrate and then decided to leave. If there's a problem with LePou plugins, let's find out about it and determine if it's really a problem or not. Right now, nobody else could see that problem. Sorry, didn't mean to have a go at you.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

cprompt wrote: No, you are completely entitled to post your opinions, observations and findings. I value other people's input. It's just you made a comment which you were unable to demonstrate and then decided to leave. If there's a problem with LePou plugins, let's find out about it and determine if it's really a problem or not. Right now, nobody else could see that problem. Sorry, didn't mean to have a go at you.
What I've pointed out is possibly only can be explain to the dev himself. Years ago I've been thinking to shoot him an email since he's not active here. But I doubt he'll be interested to investigate into it since they are free plugins.

Other reason is that I've got enough other top notch free amp plugins that amazed me, the TSE X30 and X50, IA Emissary etc, and AXP flextron, some paid amps like Studio Devil VGA etc. And I also have Eleven Rack.
Too much stuff already...

almost forgot, recent one that really amazed me,
Mercuriall JCM 800 and their other free stuff
Cant stop playing with the JCM800 Hot :love: :love:

Return to “Effects”