Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise

Kontakt 5 vs. Structure 2 ??

User avatar
martinjuenke
KVRist
 
418 posts since 28 Dec, 2015, from Germany

Postby martinjuenke; Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:36 am Re: Advice Please - Kontakt 5 vs. Structure 2 ??

Music was my first love ...
ambient music
http://www.mrtnjnk.bandcamp.com
User avatar
Numanoid
KVRAF
 
25475 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from a star near where you are

Postby Numanoid; Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:39 am Re: Advice Please - Kontakt 5 vs. Structure 2 ??

BillyBoyKVR wrote:Re-posted in Instruments... Please respond there.
~Thanks

Close the other thread you don't want user to post in then.
User avatar
Hink
Rad Grandad
 
26282 posts since 5 Sep, 2003, from Downeast Maine

Postby Hink; Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:28 pm Re: Advice Please - Kontakt 5 vs. Structure 2 ??

I'll merge this one into the second one
ghettosynth
KVRAF
 
9456 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Postby ghettosynth; Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:28 pm Re: Advice Please - Kontakt 5 vs. Structure 2 ??

Numanoid wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:Structure is part of a pretty unbeatable bargain on the AIR bundle.

And Kontakt is not part of Komplete ? :P

I just updated to K11 for just €99, how is that for an unbeatable bargain 8)


You already had Komplete. To get Komplete from nothing you would have had to spend about $325. To get Kontakt from nothing you would have had to spend about $125. The upgrade to the AIR bundle has been off and on about $60 for some time as is the Xpand2 for $1 sale. The sale is now over, the AIR sale rotates FAR more frequently.

So, no doubt that Komplete is great value, but if one is cash strapped AND thinks that Structure will get the job done, then it is absolutely the better first choice.
User avatar
Numanoid
KVRAF
 
25475 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from a star near where you are

Postby Numanoid; Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:32 pm Re: Advice Please - Kontakt 5 vs. Structure 2 ??

ghettosynth wrote:You already had Komplete.

You also imply that a user already have to own AIR bundle or one of its products to upgrade :wink:
The upgrade to the AIR bundle

I mean DrumMica has been offered for free (and still is), and that can be used to upgrade to Kontakt.

http://de-de.sennheiser.com/drummica
ghettosynth
KVRAF
 
9456 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Postby ghettosynth; Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:36 pm Re: Advice Please - Kontakt 5 vs. Structure 2 ??

Numanoid wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:You already had Komplete.

You also imply that a user already have to own AIR bundle or one of its products to upgrade :wink:
The upgrade to the AIR bundle


Yes, try to follow, Air Xpand regularly goes on sale for $1. You have NEVER been able to purchase Komplete for $61. It also shows up regularly in the marketplace and even sometimes for free. In fact, Xpand has been given away more than once in the past.

Even at the current price of $70, the upgrade to AIR Complete is still much cheaper than Komplete, not that they're directly comparable, but trying to deny that the AIR bundle is the bargain leader is nonsense.

Shit, I bet more than one of us has unused Xpand2 licenses sitting in our email boxes.
User avatar
Numanoid
KVRAF
 
25475 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from a star near where you are

Postby Numanoid; Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:40 pm Re: Advice Please - Kontakt 5 vs. Structure 2 ??

ghettosynth wrote:Yes, try to follow, Air Xpand regularly goes on sale for $1. You have NEVER been able to purchase Komplete for $61.

No wonder, the superior product mirror the price.

Good luck to anybody going for Structure 2 :party:
ghettosynth
KVRAF
 
9456 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Postby ghettosynth; Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:55 pm Re: Advice Please - Kontakt 5 vs. Structure 2 ??

Numanoid wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:Yes, try to follow, Air Xpand regularly goes on sale for $1. You have NEVER been able to purchase Komplete for $61.

No wonder, the superior product mirror the price.

Good luck to anybody going for Structure 2 :party:


What does "good luck" even mean? It's not a dichotomy, one can have both products. OP asked a simple question and the general consensus is that the Structure factory library is decent and certainly comparable to the Kontakt factory library. As a basic and rapid sampling tool, I find Structure to be pretty useful TBH.

Have you actually used Structure? I've had Komplete since version 5, I'm pretty solid on how useful Kontakt is and how deep the factory library is. The value of Kontakt in Komplete is really the extra Komplete libraries. The factory library is certainly in the same league as Structure's library.
User avatar
Numanoid
KVRAF
 
25475 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from a star near where you are

Postby Numanoid; Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:01 pm Re: Advice Please - Kontakt 5 vs. Structure 2 ??

ghettosynth wrote:Have you actually used Structure?

Have you even read my postings?

I tried to load a WAV sample into Structure 2 from external storage and it gave me "blue screen of death". The first and so far only time in Windows 10 in my experience.

I have UVI libs on that same SD card, and they load up just fine in UVI Workstation.
Last edited by Numanoid on Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Examigan
KVRAF
 
4020 posts since 15 Sep, 2005, from East Coast of the USA

Postby Examigan; Mon Jul 17, 2017 2:24 pm Re: Kontakt 5 vs. Structure 2 ??

I know this thread is about Kontakt and Structure, but even if you don't end up using Structure, $60 for all those other plugins is a great deal.
zzz00m
KVRist
 
333 posts since 17 Sep, 2016

Postby zzz00m; Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:47 pm Re: Kontakt 5 vs. Structure 2 ??

Examigan wrote:I know this thread is about Kontakt and Structure, but even if you don't end up using Structure, $60 for all those other plugins is a great deal.


Yup, get Komplete and AIR, FTW!!! :tu:
Windows 10 x64, Intel i3 3.4 Ghz, 8 GB RAM, SSD drive, M-Audio FW-410 with ASIO driver
ghettosynth
KVRAF
 
9456 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Postby ghettosynth; Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:51 pm Re: Kontakt 5 vs. Structure 2 ??

Examigan wrote:I know this thread is about Kontakt and Structure, but even if you don't end up using Structure, $60 for all those other plugins is a great deal.


Exactly, that bundle is an awesome value.
ghettosynth
KVRAF
 
9456 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Postby ghettosynth; Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:03 pm Re: Advice Please - Kontakt 5 vs. Structure 2 ??

Numanoid wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:Have you actually used Structure?

Have you even read my postings?

I tried to load a WAV sample into Structure 2 from external storage and it gave me "blue screen of death". The first and so far only time in Windows 10 in my experience.

I have UVI libs on that same SD card, and they load up just fine in UVI Workstation.


I didn't catch that you were the one that posted about that, however, the cause could be any number of different things from a bad driver to bad memory to malware, or any other number of different reasons. Your testing, as described isn't conclusive. FWIW, loading samples from an SD card, or my NAS, works absolutely fine on my Windows 10 system so, without a lot more testing, I don't think that we can conclude much from your experience.
shidostrife
KVRist
 
329 posts since 22 Nov, 2016

Postby shidostrife; Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:18 pm Re: Advice Please - Kontakt 5 vs. Structure 2 ??

ghettosynth wrote:
Numanoid wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:You already had Komplete.

You also imply that a user already have to own AIR bundle or one of its products to upgrade :wink:
The upgrade to the AIR bundle


Yes, try to follow, Air Xpand regularly goes on sale for $1. You have NEVER been able to purchase Komplete for $61. It also shows up regularly in the marketplace and even sometimes for free. In fact, Xpand has been given away more than once in the past.

Even at the current price of $70, the upgrade to AIR Complete is still much cheaper than Komplete, not that they're directly comparable, but trying to deny that the AIR bundle is the bargain leader is nonsense.

Shit, I bet more than one of us has unused Xpand2 licenses sitting in our email boxes.


exactly, I do have an extra xpand :lol:

@numanoid:
Komplete is a better product, yes indeed, but it costs $264 more.
Kontakt is a better product, yes, for $64 more.

and those prices are lowest sale price, it doesn't go for that price on every sale. Kontakt crossgrade was on sale this summer, but it wasn't last black friday, and there's no guarantee it will be on the next sale. Meanwhile, for AIR, the sale price is almost all year long.
dellboy
KVRist
 
243 posts since 28 Mar, 2007

Postby dellboy; Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:35 pm Re: Advice Please - Kontakt 5 vs. Structure 2 ??

Numanoid wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:Have you actually used Structure?

Have you even read my postings?

I tried to load a WAV sample into Structure 2 from external storage and it gave me "blue screen of death". The first and so far only time in Windows 10 in my experience.

I have UVI libs on that same SD card, and they load up just fine in UVI Workstation.


I have both Kontakt and Structure.

I fished around in my drawer and found out an old Trancend flash card.

Had a quick Google and found a free 266 meg Kontakt library.

Unpacked it and pointed Kontakt at it,and it loaded and played fine.

Did the same thing with Structure and the niki file would not load (protected license I guess)

Pointed Structure at the samples instead (loaded on external storage) and they all loaded immediately.

Go figure.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ablerogeritem, bjm4tt, kv331, martin_l, maximoog, pethu, svart