Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
LawrenceF
KVRAF

5883 posts since 4 Dec, 2004

Postby LawrenceF; Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:14 am Re: thank god for studio one 3.51

chk071 wrote: 3.5 was released barely a few months ago.

Its not even been two months yet. 3.5.0 released on 5/23, then 3.5.1 on 6/23. We daw users perpetually have our eyes on the next shiny thing over the hill. :)
kevvvvv
vvvvvvv

2110 posts since 23 Oct, 2000, from skelmersdale, west lancs, uk

Postby kevvvvv; Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:21 am Re: thank god for studio one 3.51

I'm happy with 3.5 now.

Done my tweaks and got improved performance, less cpu.

How cool is that :)

Question to S1 users

When I use the midi editor to add keyswitch notes to articulate Kontakt instruments, the notes I add are often ignored, like I never put them there.

It only seems to work properly if I actually play the keyswitch and record it live.

Anyone else get midi edit problems?
Member 12, Studio One 3, Avenger, Komplete Ultimate, Dune, Spire (make me an offer), Omnisphere 2 (still hanging in there), Battery, BFD, Izotope Neutron & Ozone
chk071
KVRAF

13227 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:30 am Re: thank god for studio one 3.51

LawrenceF wrote:
chk071 wrote: 3.5 was released barely a few months ago.

Its not even been two months yet. 3.5.0 released on 5/23, then 3.5.1 on 6/23. We daw users perpetually have our eyes on the next shiny thing over the hill. :)

Yeah... and as i know me, i will probably upgrade anyway, so i wouldn't mind it still being half a year, or a year away, or so. :P
It's not "news" anymore, it's "infotainment".
Funkybot's Evil Twin
KVRAF

4829 posts since 15 Aug, 2006

Postby Funkybot's Evil Twin; Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:27 pm Re: thank god for studio one 3.51

kevvvvv wrote:I'm happy with 3.5 now.

Question to S1 users

When I use the midi editor to add keyswitch notes to articulate Kontakt instruments, the notes I add are often ignored, like I never put them there.

It only seems to work properly if I actually play the keyswitch and record it live.

Never saw that. So programmed keyswitches don't work, only recorded ones? Sounds odd. How are you adding them?
jinotsuh
KVRist

242 posts since 31 May, 2008, from Australia

Postby jinotsuh; Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:14 pm Re: thank god for studio one 3.51

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
kevvvvv wrote:I'm happy with 3.5 now.

Question to S1 users

Never saw that. So programmed keyswitches don't work, only recorded ones? Sounds odd. How are you adding them?

May be a Kontakt thing (I don't use it), but I just tried it out with a couple of others and it works fine programming keyswitches. S1 3.5.1
kevvvvv
vvvvvvv

2110 posts since 23 Oct, 2000, from skelmersdale, west lancs, uk

Postby kevvvvv; Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:05 am Re: thank god for studio one 3.51

Bad news for me eh

I have a bug no one else has.

I'm only using Studio One's midi edit in the ordinary way.
Member 12, Studio One 3, Avenger, Komplete Ultimate, Dune, Spire (make me an offer), Omnisphere 2 (still hanging in there), Battery, BFD, Izotope Neutron & Ozone
don1thedon
KVRian

1128 posts since 25 Sep, 2002

Postby don1thedon; Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:47 am Re: thank god for studio one 3.51

Not seen this, but can't say I currently use keyswitching a great deal. Happy to try and replicate it if you want to describe details to copy, maybe using an Ultimate instrument?
woodsdenis
KVRian

1362 posts since 24 Feb, 2005

Postby woodsdenis; Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:16 am Re: thank god for studio one 3.51

kevvvvv wrote:Bad news for me eh

I have a bug no one else has.

I'm only using Studio One's midi edit in the ordinary way.

I have seen this , but not on S1 but Cubase, reloading Kontakt fixed it. One of those unrepeatable ones and manifested itself when drawing in keyswitches, are you up to date with your Kontakt?
Mac Pro
10.12.4 Digi 96 io
Cubase 9, Ableton Live 9.7, Bitwig 1.3
Windy23451
KVRer

23 posts since 14 Jul, 2017

Postby Windy23451; Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:20 am Re: thank god for studio one 3.51

Looks like I will have to check out Studio one.
tapiodmitriyevich
KVRist

61 posts since 15 Jan, 2017, from 127.0.0.1

Postby tapiodmitriyevich; Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:12 am Thank god for Studio One

The thread topic is wrong; let me fix it:
"Thank god for Studio One"
LawrenceF
KVRAF

5883 posts since 4 Dec, 2004

Postby LawrenceF; Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:20 am Re: thank god for studio one 3.51

don1thedon wrote:Not seen this, but can't say I currently use keyswitching a great deal. Happy to try and replicate it if you want to describe details to copy, maybe using an Ultimate instrument?

Studio One doesn't have an articulation manager of any kind, it's one of the higher voted FR's.

There's a couple of methods that work better than clicking in midi notes in the key editor for articulations. One of them is using macros to quickly create and edit overlaying key switch clips on the arrange tracks. This has the obvious benefit of both always easily seeing where the switches are and also retaining the freedom to transpose from arrange without also breaking the key switches (which of course would also transpose the articulation note pitches otherwise).
don1thedon
KVRian

1128 posts since 25 Sep, 2002

Postby don1thedon; Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:58 am Re: thank god for studio one 3.51

:tu: Great add LawrenceF
Muziksculp
KVRian

1462 posts since 23 Sep, 2005

Postby Muziksculp; Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:17 am Re: thank god for studio one 3.51

LawrenceF wrote:
don1thedon wrote:Not seen this, but can't say I currently use keyswitching a great deal. Happy to try and replicate it if you want to describe details to copy, maybe using an Ultimate instrument?

Studio One doesn't have an articulation manager of any kind, it's one of the higher voted FR's.

There's a couple of methods that work better than clicking in midi notes in the key editor for articulations. One of them is using macros to quickly create and edit overlaying key switch clips on the arrange tracks. This has the obvious benefit of both always easily seeing where the switches are and also retaining the freedom to transpose from arrange without also breaking the key switches (which of course would also transpose the articulation note pitches otherwise).

Hi Lawrence,

Interesting. Would it be possible for you to explain how to create the Macros to quickly create and edit overlaying key switch clips on the arrrange tracks ?

Thanks,
Muziksculp
jinotsuh
KVRist

242 posts since 31 May, 2008, from Australia

Postby jinotsuh; Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:17 pm Re: thank god for studio one 3.51

Muziksculp wrote:Hi Lawrence,

Interesting. Would it be possible for you to explain how to create the Macros to quickly create and edit overlaying key switch clips on the arrrange tracks ?

Thanks,
Muziksculp

+1, or maybe just point in the right direction, or maybe I could just try and find it myself, never really delved into the macro stuff as such, I'm old
kokotte
KVRian

542 posts since 17 Sep, 2014

Postby kokotte; Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:59 am Re: thank god for studio one 3.51

keyswitch per voices( note/channel) could be great too....
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)