Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
Fleer
KVRAF

2915 posts since 22 Aug, 2014, from Boston/Cambridge

Postby Fleer; Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:53 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Then again, Sonokinetic Woodwinds is $299
chk071
KVRAF

12714 posts since 10 Apr, 2010, from Germany

Postby chk071; Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:57 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Sure. But the one year subscription is 90 €, not 44,90 €, as it is stated on the site, and when you don't thoroughly read the description, and the fine print, then you fall for it.

What i dislike is the style. They have to state the price for a year, not some half year price that you have to pay 2 times. What's next, it's getting charged quarter yearly, and they state 22,49 € for the sub? :lol:
It's not "news" anymore, it's "infotainment".
Numanoid
KVRAF

24745 posts since 20 Jan, 2008

Postby Numanoid; Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:00 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

chk071 wrote:You know what? I almost think they do that on purpose, simply because non-native german speakers are not aware that the stated price is just for half a year, and you have to subscribe for a year. Hell, i even think they do that to fool german customers. Absolutely typical.

I would have to say to me it is false advertising, looking at the image it seems logical that a user should not pay more, as €44.90 + €0 = €44.90

This is how the offer should look to be fair to the possible customer:

I guess they justify why they have jacked up the total annual price to €89,80 is because "Jetzt inkl. Workzone"
dzilizzi
KVRist

470 posts since 20 Sep, 2013, from California

Postby dzilizzi; Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:19 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Fleer wrote:Then again, Sonokinetic Woodwinds is $299

LOL! I have been looking at that. So the Woodwinds for 90 euros seems good. But I can't read German, so I'm not sure the magazine is even worth it.
murnau
KVRAF

5281 posts since 13 Jan, 2005, from right behind you

Postby murnau; Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:22 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

dzilizzi wrote:

LOL! I have been looking at that. So the Woodwinds for 90 euros seems good. But I can't read German, so I'm not sure the magazine is even worth it.

You have no guarantee that you get what you select even if they confirm it on request. Happen to me twice in the past. Really a bunch of idiots. This half year advert is typical for them.

PS. The whole Beat isn't worth reading anyway for most of us, totally towards beginners.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.
dzilizzi
KVRist

Postby dzilizzi; Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:38 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

murnau wrote:
dzilizzi wrote:

You have no guarantee that you get what you select even if they confirm it on request. Happen to me twice in the past. Really a bunch of idiots. This half year advert is typical for them.

PS. The whole Beat isn't worth reading anyway for most of us, totally towards beginners.

Ah, so potential bait and switch. Sorry, we only had a limited number of copies of that - like one. You will have to go with the normally free product that you already got from Computer Magazine.

thanks I will pass on this .... And wait for SonoKinectic's Holiday sales.
Numanoid
KVRAF

Postby Numanoid; Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:54 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

dzilizzi wrote:thanks I will pass on this .... And wait for SonoKinectic's Holiday sales.

I think that is a good decision.

Another hurdle with Beat Mag subscription, is that they only accept payment by direct bank transfer, no paypal or even creditcard.

For customers outside the EU, direct bank transfer can require some bank fees on top of the payment to Beat (in my country almost €10).
msorrels
KVRist

201 posts since 30 Oct, 2002

Postby msorrels; Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:55 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Beat also doesn't take credit cards. You have to do a Euro-style bank transfer. A year ago I subscribed to get a free copy of Heavyocity's AEON Complete. I had to send the money using TransferWise (a money transfer system that can do the ABN thing Beat requires). It took a bit of email but in the end it did work out. I got my free copy of AEON and a year of Beat delivered to my house in the USA. You do have to make sure you cancel it early (3 or 4 months before it expires I think) since they will auto-renew. And no you can't take their free offer on renewal, must have a year off I think. So I canceled and maybe next year will look and see what they are offering. The payment was a bit of a pain. The magazine isn't all that different than English Computer Music magazines. You can read it using Google Translate on a phone/tablet with a camera (though it's painful). Their DVD offerings have gotten less interesting. If they took Visa/Mastercard/Paypal and could offer a digital sub with download content it would be much more interesting. Of course they might not throw in the free software if they did that.
-Matt
Numanoid
KVRAF

Postby Numanoid; Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:01 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

msorrels wrote: Their DVD offerings have gotten less interesting. If they took Visa/Mastercard/Paypal and could offer a digital sub with download content it would be much more interesting.

+1

Half of the content of the DVD is for the most part devoted to samples, that already can be downloaded for free from the creator vendor in the first place.
Nobdi
KVRist

144 posts since 28 Apr, 2010

Postby Nobdi; Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:34 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

chk071 wrote:You know what? I almost think they do that on purpose, simply because non-native german speakers are not aware that the stated price is just for half a year, and you have to subscribe for a year. Hell, i even think they do that to fool german customers. Absolutely typical.

Beat Mag is the worst. Apart from the "sorry, we just ran out of the free stuff you wanted with your subscription" they refuse (yes REFUSE) to publish a list of the content on their monthly DVD !
I've asked them more than once how difficult it could be to just add a list of the content to the online description of their mags and the answer was smth along the lines of "it is to complex to do that" ! (seriously!) :dog:
So atm there is no way to find out what exactly you are supposed to buy w/o buying it before ! :party:
...and the mag is ... well ... last time I bought one it had a 4 (!) mic comparison/shoot out ... 4 mics (!) ... 1 dynamic, 2 condenser and 1 ribbon ! - great shoot out :dog:
pottering
KVRist

427 posts since 14 Dec, 2014

Postby pottering; Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:47 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Seems Comparisonics FindSounds Palette is free now:

http://www.findsounds.com/palette.html

Pretty awesome.
pascal020
KVRer

9 posts since 18 May, 2017

Postby pascal020; Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:01 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

dzilizzi wrote:
murnau wrote:
dzilizzi wrote:

Ah, so potential bait and switch. Sorry, we only had a limited number of copies of that - like one. You will have to go with the normally free product that you already got from Computer Magazine.

I doubt that any upcoming sales for their bigger libraries will even comes close to 90 euros.
dzilizzi
KVRist

Postby dzilizzi; Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:32 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

pascal020 wrote:
dzilizzi wrote:
murnau wrote:
dzilizzi wrote:

I doubt that any upcoming sales for their bigger libraries will even comes close to 90 euros.

The key thing was, I was going to spend 90 euros and probably not get the product I wanted.

Also? Last year I got some really great deals on SonoKinetic products, including Ostinato Strings for free. Which is much less than the 90 eurors it would cost me to maybe get it from Beat. Maybe.
Joe CM
KVRer

8 posts since 15 Jun, 2016

Postby Joe CM; Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:18 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Numanoid wrote:
msorrels wrote: Their DVD offerings have gotten less interesting. If they took Visa/Mastercard/Paypal and could offer a digital sub with download content it would be much more interesting.

+1

Half of the content of the DVD is for the most part devoted to samples, that already can be downloaded for free from the creator vendor in the first place.

Each issue of CM comes with a brand new sample pack created exclusively for us, that can't be obtained anywhere else.

We also include selected offerings from big-name sample brands' paid-for packs. And also CM-exclusive samples from our archives.

Cheers,

Joe Rossitter
Editor
Computer Music
Nobdi
KVRist

144 posts since 28 Apr, 2010

Postby Nobdi; Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:06 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

:D lol - That part was about the German Beat mag and not CM. I doubt that anyone on this planet would buy a Beat instead of a CM ;-) (not even in Germany) :D
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)