Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
bungle
KVRian
 
1412 posts since 12 Mar, 2004

Postby bungle; Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:32 am Re: BeatMaker 3 coming July 15th

Yeah i suspect that means sends, not tracks in the traditional sense.
If your plugin is a C++ creation, please don't say so.
If it is, pop round Marcos, he has just bought you a Mac to port it.
User avatar
BMoore
KVRian
 
1180 posts since 19 Aug, 2011

Postby BMoore; Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:06 pm Re: BeatMaker 3 coming July 15th

Out today.
Any one tried it yet?
You're not as stupid as you look, or sound, or our best testing indicates. | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats
Bathrobe
KVRist
 
293 posts since 10 Oct, 2011

Postby Bathrobe; Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:19 pm Re: BeatMaker 3 coming July 15th

it´s great, easy and fun. even better than beatmaker 2. :D
sample transfer is quick. compression has sidechain.
lots of modulation possibilites and macro but you don´t have to use them.
design is easy on the eye.
only thing i can´t seem to find so far is modulate sample start for those happy accidents. if it could it would replace my volca sample for the roads.
9headshydra
KVRist
 
117 posts since 21 Nov, 2008

Postby 9headshydra; Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:05 am Re: BeatMaker 3 coming July 15th

After a couple of hours trying it, i think it feets all my needs to finalize tracks,

The app looks deep and powerfull enought, with an obvious learning curve to masterise it (lot of informations on the screen and most of them lead you to sub menu or floating windows when you click or double click on them, it feels a bit like a mess at first try even with an ipad pro),

Compared to korg gadget or nanostudio, reading manual is necessary, without it i was unable to find how and where to create a pattern to edit it and then sequencing it on the grid, how to create new modulators or automation lines, … And even when you know how to do it, it's still an heavy process for the moment ( take in mind, that i'm used to the workflow of korg gadget wich is unbeatable for me in term of fluidity),

It's the price to pay for such deepness I guess and the app desserve the effort, especially for 20 usd,

The UI have a good reactivity and accuracy (still a beat messy with pianoroll editor), fx range is good (i miss a phaser fx), au support is great but i think it's a bit buggy with au instrument for the moment (I need to check this too)

Lot of functionnalities to explore anyway.
User avatar
BMoore
KVRian
 
1180 posts since 19 Aug, 2011

Postby BMoore; Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:46 am Re: BeatMaker 3 coming July 15th

Says in the App store it's only 121 MB. Does come with any sound content?
And how are the effects compared to BM2? The effects in BM2 were bad.
You're not as stupid as you look, or sound, or our best testing indicates. | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats
SLiC
KVRAF
 
2049 posts since 2 Dec, 2004, from North Wales

Postby SLiC; Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:17 am Re: BeatMaker 3 coming July 15th

It comes with some content and a demo song, not that much (they are selling expansion packs!) but enough...

FX Sound good for what it is- its an iPAD app so you cant expect the same quality as a full blown DAW, its 20 quid...a singe decent VST reverb is double that....

Lots of depth, petty close to a full MPC in an app (you have to wonder why NI or AKAI haven done this, there efforts are pathetic)

Dark GUI looks good, but I wish they would use white fonts on dark grey not grey on dark grey; may look cooler, but my old eyes struggle! Maybe they will have a high visibility skin at some point....
bungle
KVRian
 
1412 posts since 12 Mar, 2004

Postby bungle; Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:20 am Re: BeatMaker 3 coming July 15th

Full of bugs and missing features, basically its a public beta, will be nice when it works though.
If your plugin is a C++ creation, please don't say so.
If it is, pop round Marcos, he has just bought you a Mac to port it.
BiancaNeve
KVRian
 
612 posts since 19 Sep, 2012

Postby BiancaNeve; Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:41 am Re: BeatMaker 3 coming July 15th

SLiC wrote:It comes with some content and a demo song, not that much (they are selling expansion packs!) but enough...

FX Sound good for what it is- its an iPAD app so you cant expect the same quality as a full blown DAW, its 20 quid...a singe decent VST reverb is double that.....


Why can't I expect the same quality FX as a desktop daw? Any of the 64 bit iPads are capable of it, Fabfilter, Audio Damage and others have already ported desktop FX to iOS.

Personally I'm very disappointed by BM3 so far, it crashes a lot and the whole workflow is confusing
Instant human just add coffee
SLiC
KVRAF
 
2049 posts since 2 Dec, 2004, from North Wales

Postby SLiC; Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:00 am Re: BeatMaker 3 coming July 15th

BiancaNeve wrote:
SLiC wrote:It comes with some content and a demo song, not that much (they are selling expansion packs!) but enough...

FX Sound good for what it is- its an iPAD app so you cant expect the same quality as a full blown DAW, its 20 quid...a singe decent VST reverb is double that.....


Why can't I expect the same quality FX as a desktop daw? Any of the 64 bit iPads are capable of it, Fabfilter, Audio Damage and others have already ported desktop FX to iOS.

Personally I'm very disappointed by BM3 so far, it crashes a lot and the whole workflow is confusing


There are very few pro level fx for iOS, it just hast been supported as a serous tool (even apple ha ent ported logic) My iPad Pro is half the processing power of my i7 laptop (which costs less!) when you run fx on the iPad they seem to take up a lot of the processing power- doesn't seem to load share well with inter app audio. It's a fun portable scratchpad, I think if you are looking for a serous and stable production platform you will ultimately be disappointed. Cubasis 2 seems about the best bet so far if you are trying to use other apps as FX etc.

BM 3 is only out today, it probably will be buggy (as often are the pro levels DAWs on a major release until they patch it!) but so far on an iPad (Pro- not sure if that makes a difference) I haven't had a crash (only played for an hour or so) and as an MPC user I could pretty much get a tune down without too much digging. It's an amazing bit of kit fir 20 quid, same price as a present pack or 4 beers! You can't expect too much for that!
SLiC
KVRAF
 
2049 posts since 2 Dec, 2004, from North Wales

Postby SLiC; Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:38 am Re: BeatMaker 3 coming July 15th

BMoore wrote:Says in the App store it's only 121 MB. Does come with any sound content?
And how are the effects compared to BM2? The effects in BM2 were bad.


There is a free soundpak download in the in App Store (shopping trolley icon) so make sure you get that extra content...still not much, but lots already available to buy as in app purchases....I guess that's how they plan to boost profits!
mobetta
KVRist
 
60 posts since 2 Apr, 2011

Postby mobetta; Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:45 am Re: BeatMaker 3 coming July 15th

Yeah already i see it seems to limit you to 8 instrument tracks, not sure why, i thought BM2 was unlimited. I got used to the workflow pretty fast, although there were some glitches, especially when using hosted apps. Biggest dissappointment was the little to no content to start with, but the sampling parameters, effect routing, and depth of what you can do make up for it.
Wormhelmet
KVRian
 
1337 posts since 20 Dec, 2004

Postby Wormhelmet; Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:41 am Re: BeatMaker 3 coming July 15th

It's going to need a few updates, but Intua is good at working things out and already more features working than the new mpc standalone's.

It does crash a bit, but I'm confident this will turn into everything advertised eventually.

BM2 needed a few updates at first as well. FX better than BM2.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet
User avatar
BMoore
KVRian
 
1180 posts since 19 Aug, 2011

Postby BMoore; Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:38 pm Re: BeatMaker 3 coming July 15th

Thanks.
I'll be looking for a promo code then.
You're not as stupid as you look, or sound, or our best testing indicates. | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats
Wormhelmet
KVRian
 
1337 posts since 20 Dec, 2004

Postby Wormhelmet; Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:17 am Re: BeatMaker 3 coming July 15th

Couple things I am really not a fan of -

To get support on Intua website they want some social media sign in. This is similar to how Novation did Circuit support. Worst method to sign up for the website. I had a login and forum membership with BM2 for years. Whats wrong with keeping the forum and original sign ins?

File transfer. BM2 had its own built in ftp server and you could connect any ftp client on your computer to it and transfer loads of files quickly into folder structures easy to manage and then browse. No more ftp server feature in BM3. Huge mistake. I hate iTunes and transferring to iCloud drive has been tedious, slow, and inefficient.

Put the ftp server back in and stop with socail media sign in nonsense.
"I am a meat popsicle"
Soundcloud Vondragonnoggin
Soundclick Wormhelmet
User avatar
BMoore
KVRian
 
1180 posts since 19 Aug, 2011

Postby BMoore; Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:50 am Re: BeatMaker 3 coming July 15th

Wormhelmet wrote:Couple things I am really not a fan of -

To get support on Intua website they want some social media sign in. This is similar to how Novation did Circuit support. Worst method to sign up for the website. I had a login and forum membership with BM2 for years. Whats wrong with keeping the forum and original sign ins?

File transfer. BM2 had its own built in ftp server and you could connect any ftp client on your computer to it and transfer loads of files quickly into folder structures easy to manage and then browse. No more ftp server feature in BM3. Huge mistake. I hate iTunes and transferring to iCloud drive has been tedious, slow, and inefficient.

Put the ftp server back in and stop with socail media sign in nonsense.

I didn't do the whole sign-up process, but from the looks of it, you can sign up with e-mail and password.
You're not as stupid as you look, or sound, or our best testing indicates. | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Mobile Apps and Hardware