shreddage II muted notes

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I've been using shreddage for a few years now and love it. I've recently been having a problem triggering muted notes. No matter how low the velocity it still plays a sustained note. I don't have it set for a key switch, just the velocity. Actually I rarely use the key switches. I can't seem to correct this problem.

I don't know if some key switch got turned on by mistake... but I can't find a way to reset the key switches. It is happening even after rebooting the computer.

I've only used shreddage with sonar and still do. I'm sure there is some user error - but I can't seem to get out of whatever situation is causing this.

Thanks
matt

Does this happen in Kontakt's standalone mode also? Try that - load Kontakt by itself and then Shreddage2 inside, click the Kontakt keyboard to trigger notes or use your MIDI controller. It's also possible on your Engine page that the velocity curve is way off - try resetting that to default (pointing at 12:00)
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

thanks I will try that. never really used it in standalone mode and the muted notes worked before - which is why I think I set something that I am unaware of... velocity issue sound like a culprit though I don't think I have ever touched that. at least not on purpose :)

thanks

I'm having this same problem. Is there anything else that could fix it? Been trying to get this fixed for a few days now.

Did you check the velocity curve setting? Are your articulations set up using keyswitches instead of velocity?
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Hi Zircon, thanks for your reply. The keyswitches are definitely set up for velocity. However, I am unclear about the velocity curve setting. All I can say is I haven't touched it. I will read up on what that does and let you know the result. Thanks again.

Now the portamento isn't triggering. I tried with velocity, there is no overlap, that didn't work. I tried with a keyswitch, and triple checked that it wasn't being used, and that didn't work. The notes are overlapping. I changed the speed with a CC, that didn't work. It was working great for a while.

I updated and used the updated library in an existing project. Could that be part of the problem?

And now, I set CC2 to control Portamento speed to try and see if it responds but it triggers vibrato or modulation, I can't tell which. This thing is all messed up.

Now harmonics aren't triggering. I have them set to F#-1 as you can see in my image. Also in my image, you can see the system message that keyswitches were disabled by F#-1. Buy why? F#-1 IS the keyswitch but it's not playing the harmonic. There is something very wrong here. And you can see it in the screenshot. I've been coming across these issues more and more with your software...which aside from these issues is AMAZING but right now it is unusable.
Screen Shot 2017-06-19 at 7.45.22 PM.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I'm not entirely sure how Logic behaves but in FL, if a Keyswitch is set to D0, it'll activate in D2
(This seems to have been fixed in the 3.0 Engine release for S2X, IBZ & SRP but is still present for S2 Legacy & Classic for S2X)
Also, make sure you have no conflicts and that the keyswitch isn't being used by something else in the advanced tab.
One way or another, you can't deny death.
Simply said...
We're dead but we just don't know it yet.

ELECTRONICHAOS wrote:I'm not entirely sure how Logic behaves but in FL, if a Keyswitch is set to D0, it'll activate in D2
(This seems to have been fixed in the 3.0 Engine release for S2X, IBZ & SRP but is still present for S2 Legacy & Classic for S2X)
Also, make sure you have no conflicts and that the keyswitch isn't being used by something else in the advanced tab.
On a different note, instead of using a keyswitch, why don't you set your harmonics on 115 - 126 velocity & pinch to 127-127, that way you don't have to bother with the keyswitches so much.
One way or another, you can't deny death.
Simply said...
We're dead but we just don't know it yet.

Hi Chaos, the problem is that Shreddage is not responding to velocity changes either.

I'm having a new problem now where Sustain and/or mute notes will be triggered, because the notification shows up in the Perform window, but no sound is produced. I've tried purging all samples, reloading, nothing is working.

If I delete the instrument and reload, then it works. But if I make changes to the velocity settings being used, it creates the same problem. There are no conflicts.

Are you part of Shreddage support by the way? Thanks.

The other problem is that when I set CCs to PowerChord mode, it does not respond. The funny thing, is that the light goes on and off with the CC being applied, but not actual audible change happens. This happens with all the parameters that have an LED indicator.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”