which plug-in at a time?

Official support for: tokyodawn.net/tokyo-dawn-labs
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello, I'm a newbie in TDR plug-ins and EQ stuff. I think I read from TDR staff somewhere that the main purpose of their plug-in is one at a time in mastering process. So my question is: which one in which case?
Thanks for advices and all links to videos explanations are welcome!

You generally want to apply plugins in this order:
EQ -> Compressor - > Limiter

I hope this clears things up a bit?
Studio One 3 | Reaper 5 | NI Komplete 11 | Konkrete 3 | Voxengo Premium | Waldorf Edition 2
Free Kontakt Loop Player | Free Battery Dark Kits | Fight the loudness war - Pleasurize Music

First the screwdriver then a hammer? It depends! :)

First of all, you really need a problem that you can express ("it's muddy" "drums need density"). then you can try to solve it.

A standard mastering setup would like arturmeinild suggestion. Maybe with the EQ after the compressor, or no compressor at all depending on your needs. It's not unusual to face a mix that doesn't need much changes at all.

When starting, it's best to simply try everything that comes to your mind and learn by doing. You'll quickly find out that only a very narrow set of "moves" and "tricks" is really needed. No rocket science, mostly common sense. The main bottleneck to understanding audio engineering is monitoring. do not hesitate to spend most money into amps, speakers and acoustic treatment.
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

Thank you very much, both answers make sense.

Return to “Tokyo Dawn Labs”