Looking for a multi-band panner/channel matrix plugin

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there

I'm looking for a multi-band plugin that can send one of the stereo channels to the other channel, but only on a certain frequency range. For example, between 150Hz and 1kHz I want to replace the content of the Right channel with the content of the Left channel, and let the Left channel intact. Or maybe I want to blend the two channels like this: new L= 80%R+20%L and new R=70%R+30%L, but I want to affect only the 50Hz-200Hz spectrum.

Is there a plugin (preferably free) that can do that?

Cheers

The simplest option might be to duplicate the track, flip L/R on one, slap a stereo EQ on each track and mix between them to taste.
If you need that to happen in the middle of a signal chain then send to two aux channels.

Yes, I could accomplish this using some sort of workaround like the one you suggested, but I'd prefer having a little plugin for this job.

Hofa System 1
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

i think you may like melda MautopanMB(multiband)
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

Apratim wrote:i think you may like melda MautopanMB(multiband)
Not what I'm looking for. MAutopanMB is just an autopan (a multiband one), meaning it just automates the panning. It doesn't combine or replace the Left channel with the Right channel.

What I can use from Melda is the MChannelMatrix inside MXXX. MChannelMatrix does exactly what I want, and using it inside MXXX, allows me to process different bands separately.
But I'd still prefer a dedicated plugin for this.

Panshaper 2 by cableguys might be worth a look, you can split it into 3 bands and draw in your own pan lines or curves, it's got a pan mode where you can choose stereo balanced or stereo combined plus a few other options. Not a 100% sure it's what your looking for, was the only plugin that came to mind.

MUX from Mutools is modular.
Reasonably easy to build a setup to your requirements.

Return to “Effects”