Syntronik [update March 2018: New T-03 Bonus Content & 4-for-1 bass synth promo] available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik 1

autodafe wrote:boys... :cry: :cry: :cry:
just take a one-day holiday to download and install evrything...
Or even better what I'm doing: a work from home day. no lost revenue!

On PC and just grabbing the main program and then the zipped instruments from the user area, everything seemed fine to me. I only got 8 of the single zips so far as I wanted to download during my isp's off peak hours when they don't seem to care how much bandwidth I use. Just unzipping the zip files, installed the main program and then running 'Install Syntronik Sound Content.exe' seemed to install the instruments and samples fast with no issues.
I installed and played with the first 'synth' while some others were downloading, then ran the installer again and it was fine. Then did it again later. No problems. Clean easy install only 2 installers need to be run, one for the program and one for any / all instruments. ST3 found them fine though of course had to rebuild my entire library.

Resizeable GUI is great! (Hopefully Sample Tank 3 will be updated with that also)

There are 38 FX in Syntronik Free version, does the full version have more?

Note to everyone that the purchase only includes 180 day window to download the content. So back it up. IK will charge a fee after that if you want to download it again later.

I am wondering if I need to download both the Mac and PC sound libraries just in case (I am on mac right now, but never know the future). Peter?

Downloads are going pretty quick for me....but I have fast internet...
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

Dewdman42 wrote: I am wondering if I need to download both the Mac and PC sound libraries just in case (I am on mac right now, but never know the future). Peter?
I was wondering the same. Maybe I'll download them in a month or so, just In case...

Dewdman42 wrote:Note to everyone that the purchase only includes 180 day window to download the content. So back it up. IK will charge a fee after that if you want to download it again later.

I am wondering if I need to download both the Mac and PC sound libraries just in case (I am on mac right now, but never know the future). Peter?

Great question! With Omnisphere you only need to download the sound library once and just install the small instrument installers for mac and PC. Hopefully Syntronik is the same? Would love specifics on this if possible as I do run both a mac DAW and PC sample/synth slave and would like to install it on both.
My progressive rock band - free demos here!! (and if you do listen please let me know what you think!) http://www.aeonsatori.com/news/free-downloads

Dewdman42 wrote:Note to everyone that the purchase only includes 180 day window to download the content. So back it up. IK will charge a fee after that if you want to download it again later.

Yes, this is noted in the IK User Area under [Product] --> Sounds Downloads as something like:
Your sounds download access will expire in 180 days (registered on 2017-07-20).
And when you click on the question mark icon, for further explanation:
You will need to download the sounds library within 180 days of registering the plug-in.
In case you have not downloaded the sounds within 180 days of registering the plug-in, your download status will show as "expired" and you will need to purchase a single "Sounds Download Reactivation Credit" in IK Multimedia's webstore in order to reactivate the downloads in this account.

For further details, please contact Technical Support.
If you want the platform-specific installers for the most convenience, you can download both. Personally, I like backing up the whole directory post-install so I can just move it wherever and then point the product to the library in the settings.

Glad to hear downloads are going well for you, our CDN seems to be doing well in providing the best speeds possible (depending on your speed and without having issues anywhere between the user and the servers, as you note with regard to the former).

If I understand what you're saying, there is nothing especially different about the PC download vs the Mac download...I guess they must have native installers...but once installed its just a directory full of sound files which are exactly the same on both platforms. yes?

Numanoid wrote:Resizeable GUI is great! (Hopefully Sample Tank 3 will be updated with that also)
Was wondering that myself. Really digging Syntroniks full screen.

Dewdman42 wrote:If I understand what you're saying, there is nothing especially different about the PC download vs the Mac download...I guess they must have native installers...but once installed its just a directory full of sound files which are exactly the same on both platforms. yes?
Basically yes that is correct. Personally I typically will back up one format and the installed directory. I don't think I've reinstalled an IK sound library using the actual installers for years since I can use the installed directory anywhere (usually an external drive).

chili beans wrote:
Numanoid wrote:Resizeable GUI is great! (Hopefully Sample Tank 3 will be updated with that also)
Was wondering that myself. Really digging Syntroniks full screen.
I will make sure this suggestion is passed to the team.

For backup using a packer programme like WinRAR, will also save a lot of backup harddrive space, compared to the downloaded files.

When I bought IK2 collection some years ago, which was delivered as ZIPs, I saved about 10GB of backup space repackaging those files with WinRAR instead.

7z is even better compression, but yes

Dewdman42 wrote:7z is even better compression, but yes
No, unfortunatley 7zip doesn't compress as good as WinRar, I have done many side by side tests.

disagree 100%. I'm not talking about a specific tool I'm talking about a compression format. 7z is the best for getting the size down.

Return to “Instruments”