Syntronik [update March 2018: New T-03 Bonus Content & 4-for-1 bass synth promo] available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik 1

Dewdman42 wrote:disagree 100%. I'm not talking about a specific tool I'm talking about a compression format. 7z is the best for getting the size down.
Well, I will give it another chance

I thought 7zip was stuck in 2010, but seems they have started updating it again :)

http://www.7-zip.org/download.html

winrar may include 7z compression format by now too, I'm not sure as i'm on mac and haven't used winrar in quite a while.
MacPro 5,1 12core x 3.46ghz-96gb MacOS 12.2 (opencore), X32+AES16e-50

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Personally, I like backing up the whole directory post-install so I can just move it wherever and then point the product to the library in the settings.
Peter, after I install from the dmg's, is it safe to delete the dmg's and just back up the installed library? Is there a reason to keep the dmg's around that I am not considering?

plexuss wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:Personally, I like backing up the whole directory post-install so I can just move it wherever and then point the product to the library in the settings.
Peter, after I install from the dmg's, is it safe to delete the dmg's and just back up the installed library? Is there a reason to keep the dmg's around that I am not considering?
If you'd like the installers for each, you can keep those but otherwise you don't have to. It would be the most "pure" way to back up since you'd be able to install from scratch in case anything happens to your installed directory.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
plexuss wrote:
If you'd like the installers for each, you can keep those but otherwise you don't have to. It would be the most "pure" way to back up since you'd be able to install from scratch in case anything happens to your installed directory.
I suppose I could put it all on an USB drive to get the off the hard drive and use Time Machine to backup the library. I have a couple spare 32G USB drives laying around I will use.

On Windows what I understand is that the Syntronik engine will be installed to folder:

C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\Syntronik

While sample and sound content will be installed to:

C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3\

Numanoid wrote:I think Syntronik free version is a contender for best freeware of the year.

With 50 patches, and 4 layers, that gives the possibility of 5,764,801 (49*49*49*49) different multi-patches :hyper:
Well, it may be an awesome freebie, but your math is wrong. Consider two patches A and B. Then having A in slot one and B in slot two is the same multipatch as having B in slot one and A in slot two. So, at first glance it might seem that you want combinations, i.e. nCk. However, you do want to allow repetition as A in one and A in two will sound different than just A in one. So, the right choice is combination with replacement/repetition.

However, not having a patch is a valid choice for any slot, however, we want the same rules to apply. That is, we can have more than one slot empty, but we don't want to consider different permutations of the same set of patches, that is, A,B,empty,empty is allowed, but is the same as empty,A,empty,B. So we can just consider the empty patch as a NULL patch. That is, we have a total of 51 different patches and we disallow different orderings of the same set.

Then C^R(n,k) with n=51 and k=4 will yield 316,251 different multi-patches, but, this allows for the all null patch which isn't valid so we have to subtract one from that total.

So, I get 316,250 different multi-patches. Still decent, but an order of magnitude lower than your estimate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combination
Last edited by ghettosynth on Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ghettosynth wrote:So, I get 316,250 different multi-patches. Still decent, but an order of magnitude lower than your estimate.
Glad you find it decent at least :lol:

I am happy the mac installers dont require an admin password and remember the location of where you specify the library on the first install - that makes its a lot easier/faster to install!

Elektronisch wrote:
spacekid wrote:Oh here's a fattened moog(x2 patches) x1 multi..that I put together before work...it's a start.
SK GEL.7z
Rules rules.rules..3 files were too big, so that's just the multi ..sampletank 3/multis/syntronik. we can test to see that it imports..and it's a fatter moog start :)
Missing user files ;)
drats..incoming
SK GEL Dry Light.7z
SK GEL Dry Light 2.7z
SK GEL.7z

ok, try those and see if we can get it to work :) sorry: I had to go to work :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I am getting an error "Installation Aborted. Cannot find any sound contect to copy" on some packages...(the same is happening on Miroslav 2...)

I got mine up and running. A few sound libraries downloaded so I was able to try it out. It's a pretty good sound library. I will want to go through it more before I can form an opinion about it. It sounds nice and I see the potential. I just need to dig into it more. I think it will be a great way to inject the sound of vintage synths into a production with good results very quickly. It all depends on the versatility of the samples and the effectiveness of the programming framework. But I see a lot of potential so far.

Regaring the ""Installation Aborted. Cannot find any sound contect to copy" on MAC in case you get it...
just right-click and "shwo package content" and run the installer form there (terminal will open)

CPU load is rather low :)

I got a couple of layers loaded, and playing chords, and CPU meter isn't going far above 20% in FL Studio 12 (On Windows 10 64 bit, 8GB RAM, i5 processor)

Now please compute the number of different multi patches for the complete version. Thank you.

Return to “Instruments”