MXXX and Ableton re-enable automation bug

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When I setup a multiparameter in MXXX, I have lots of trouble with Ableton thinking that the automation has changed whenever I double-click the stop button to return to the beginning of the song.

Below is an example gif. Basically I just have an automation lane with some simple automation. The multiparameter in MXXX changes the Utility volume. Usually Ableton does this if I manually change a parameter in a plugin. But in this case I'm not doing anything other than double-clicking the stop button to go to the beginning. It does not do it always, but I'd say 90% of the time. This seems like an MXXX bug.

Yes, I can reproduce this bug too. Double clicking stop in Live should just rewind the playback marker to the beginning of the track, not reset automation. This is a bug.
Melda Production & United Plugins
Surface Studio = i7, 32gb, SSD.
Windows 11. Bitwig, Reaper, Live. MTotal.
Audiofuse, Adam Audio monitors + sub, iLoud MTM.
Polybrute, Summit, Pro 3, Tempest, Syntakt, AH2.
Ableton Push 2, Roli Seaboard Block.

I'm totally lost :o . Is it just me or are you saying that pressing a few buttons in Live, that changes automation in Live, is a bug in a plugin??? I'm getting more and more tired by Live to be honest... every time I think "yeah, they finally got it working", this happens :D.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

This issue was bugging the shit outta me, since this bug affects not only MXXX but all other MeldaProduction plugins as well. Additionally, it prevents any automated effect from being frozen/rendered because the automation stops working before it starts rendering.

Luckily I've found a solution:
1. Press Ctrl+G to put the plugin in an Audio Effect Rack
2. Map the control you want to automate to a macro
3. Automate the macro (instead of the control directly)

Now the automation never resets again.
Main downside is that you can only automate up to 8 controls, but I've never run into that limit yet so far.

From what you have said, it's a deficiency in Live (as it works correctly with the Effect Rack / Macro approach). Has Ableton made any comment about the issue?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Well the problem is that it works with all other plugins other than Melda.

Aaahh!
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

I've had this problem many times too but couldn't really tell what was causing it so I learnt to live with it.
Whether it's Live or Melda it would be great to have it solved. Will do some tests as well at some time soon.

Just tried. I made some automation with MFilter, clicked stop button in Live two times and you have automation turning off (re-enable automation button lits up). Tried the same with 4-5 other plugins from other developers and there was no such problem.
The problem I had earlier on was what Kenophos described that I could not render a project including the automation since it turned off before rendering.

I'm afraid I'm just done with this. It's Live's behaviour we have no control about and I spent hours trying to figure out what the hell is it's problem. But no luck, so I reported it to Ableton several times, they keep ignoring it, so I just don't have any intentions to spend any more valuable time with this buggy host, until they contact me some actually useful info... :evil: sorry...
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Yeah that doesn't sound like much fun.
I tried only with Live 9.7.3. I'll try with the latest Live beta soon and if the problem is there too I'll report it as well. Maybe if all of us who have this bug report it they'll listen.

It is still the same even in the latest version. I have good contact with Ableton, so I will flag this up and hopefully they will take a look at it.

jmg8 wrote:It is still the same even in the latest version. I have good contact with Ableton, so I will flag this up and hopefully they will take a look at it.
if it works with any other plugin but melda, the problem might not be on their side... :wink:

frizzbee wrote:
jmg8 wrote:It is still the same even in the latest version. I have good contact with Ableton, so I will flag this up and hopefully they will take a look at it.
if it works with any other plugin but melda, the problem might not be on their side... :wink:
Yes, it almost definitely will be something wrong with the Melda side. However Vojtěch has tried to fix it but needs Ableton cooperation and they have ignored him. I'm hoping I can make them talk! :D

frizbeee beee boooring as usual :D

For the record, this actually doesn't prove absolutely anything. Did you notice that the automation works in other hosts? So that does prove the problem is in Live, right? Who knows. But it's not very intelligent to jump to conclusion about "where the problem is" based on nothing...
For instance, Live always had similar problem - parameters couldn't be attached to the XY pad. That has been reported several time as a bug to us (why on earth???). And of course it turns out Live just doesn't like if a plugin has too many parameters... (too many is what?? why??...) Anyways it could be something similar, but I tried just about anything... Until they tell me what they don't like, I cannot do anything I'm afraid.
Vojtech

Return to “MeldaProduction”