Do all DAWs suck?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Shit, are you jokers still goin' on about this? :o
I would've thought by now the op would've had enough to make an informed (and misinformed) decision on whether or not all DAWs suck.

ENV1 wrote:Sonar is an exception, it blows.
That it does. But sucks too.

For all those "A poor workman, his tools he blames" Yodas ... the tool sucks when you actually meet / exceed all the vendor's minimum PC specs, read the f*cking manual, and use as directed, and the thing does not work, in the process wasting hours of your time, killing your creative buzz and / or trapping your work inside the DAW.

I'm trying to extricate myself from Sonar Platinum due to its extreme blow/suckiness in this regard but unfortunately still have sessions recorded with it from before I concluded what a basket case it is. Just this morning, starting comping from 20+ vocal takes, saving every few minutes. Three hours later, I decided to take a break. So I pulled this outrageous, reckless move -- I saved, played back to check that all was ok (it was), closed the project and exited Sonar. Kept the PC on. Had lunch, a cigarette and a wee-wee. Came back, launched Sonar, opened the project, pressed play -- no response, then white screen, then "Sonar has stopped responding", then a crash reporter which appeared and then promptly crashed as well. Tried closing and reopening; tried exiting and relaunching; tried renaming that AUD.INI file; I tried rebooting the PC; even tried turning the master circuit breaker to my apartment off and back on. No joy, same shit each time.

"Doesn't happen here, must be you." Go make love to yourself, handsome.

Clearly I must be a poor workman.

Sorry, that's pure shoot-from-the-lip nonsense.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

Just let it go, those people rule the world and don't care about your woes. You are dismissed as a human being ;)

"Look, someone is complaining about a defective product, we don't care, what personal insult are we going to use to belittle them? "
Last edited by incubus on Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lingyai wrote:Had lunch, a cigarette and a wee-wee. Came back, launched Sonar, opened the project, pressed play -- no response, then white screen, then "Sonar has stopped responding", then a crash reporter which appeared and then promptly crashed as well. Tried closing and reopening; tried exiting and relaunching; tried renaming that AUD.INI file; I tried rebooting the PC; even tried turning the master circuit breaker to my apartment off and back on. No joy, same shit each time.
It was all good before you took the wee-wee, so yeah :hihi:

Last edited by Zexila on Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

I rest my case :lol:

What a dork.

incubus wrote:I rest my case :lol:

What a dork.
Thank you kind sir. :oops:
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Zexila wrote:
lingyai wrote:Had lunch, a cigarette and a wee-wee.
It was all good before you took the wee-wee, so yeah :hihi:
I never wrote "wee-wee". FAKE NEWS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tDj_Van ... uNbgY-4qFK

I'm not the Messiah. I'm not the Messiah!

Ah cigarettes. No wonder you like sonar.

Fake flavored paper with extra nicotine that smells and tastes really bad and cost as much as heroin.

Rip darling nicky.

incubus wrote:At any rate, they all suck. Why do I say that? Because they are ALL way behind in some form or another. I mean, to this day, there is still no simple drag/drop of midi in reason (It creates a ID8 track) That's just stupid.

Yeah yeah yeah, you can work around virtually anything, but why should you have to? Point: If you can integrate vst's to reason, you can f**king eliminate the stupid ass ID8 for midi/drag/drop.:
This was fixed in Reason 9.5.1
https://www.propellerheads.se/en/reason ... ease-notes

Really? Because the last time someone said it was fixed, it wasn't fixed.

Awesome if it was, but there are many other examples.

As I said (and was ignored) it's not like I can't use them. Been having fun all day (well mostly fun) with what I have, but they still all suck and are way behind where they should be.

Studio One is a blower.

lingyai wrote:
ENV1 wrote:Sonar is an exception, it blows.
That it does. But sucks too.

For all those "A poor workman, his tools he blames" Yodas ... the tool sucks when you actually meet / exceed all the vendor's minimum PC specs, read the f*cking manual, and use as directed, and the thing does not work, in the process wasting hours of your time, killing your creative buzz and / or trapping your work inside the DAW.

I'm trying to extricate myself from Sonar Platinum due to its extreme blow/suckiness in this regard but unfortunately still have sessions recorded with it from before I concluded what a basket case it is. Just this morning, starting comping from 20+ vocal takes, saving every few minutes. Three hours later, I decided to take a break. So I pulled this outrageous, reckless move -- I saved, played back to check that all was ok (it was), closed the project and exited Sonar. Kept the PC on. Had lunch, a cigarette and a wee-wee. Came back, launched Sonar, opened the project, pressed play -- no response, then white screen, then "Sonar has stopped responding", then a crash reporter which appeared and then promptly crashed as well. Tried closing and reopening; tried exiting and relaunching; tried renaming that AUD.INI file; I tried rebooting the PC; even tried turning the master circuit breaker to my apartment off and back on. No joy, same shit each time.

"Doesn't happen here, must be you." Go make love to yourself, handsome.

Clearly I must be a poor workman.

Sorry, that's pure shoot-from-the-lip nonsense.
Unfortunately, that's my experience with Sonar Platinum too.

Lately, this message "Sonar is not reponding..." is burnt in my monitor. I'm getting sick of it. IMO, as much as I like what Cakewalk is delivering every month, all of this is useless if Sonar is no stable enough for me to enjoy the new features.

Impatiently waiting to upgrade to Live 10 from Suite 8.

Do all DAW's suck? IMO no. But they all have their ways to piss us off.

That's my point. We are simply using the hyperbole suck in this instance.

No. Just most of them. :wink:

You fanboi :hihi:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”