Omnisphere 3 rumors

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I heared some rumors about the future of omnisphere..

- being able to run as a standalone host..
- having a patchlist mode
- having 16 part multi's
- parts having up to 4 layers.. including advanced interaction tab..
- being able to host 3rd party VST's and effects..(in the same way it now handles trillian and keyscape)
- an even more advanced arpeggiator..
- improved integration with HW controllers

If i read this, seems that Omnisphere might indeed be moving towards being a livehost competing with mainstage and others..

A demo !

Reduced to $99 !

Sixteen trillion presets !

They taught a herd of elephants to trump in different octaves and recorded the result !

The first ever recording of a blue whale captured by the Omnispere team at a depth of two miles and mixed with the sound of the international spacestation whishing silently through space ! :lol:

dellboy wrote:A demo !

Reduced to $99 !

Sixteen trillion presets !

They taught a herd of elephants to trump in different octaves and recorded the result !

The first ever recording of a blue whale captured by the Omnispere team at a depth of two miles and mixed with the sound of the international spacestation whishing silently through space ! :lol:
:lol:

rip thread

I wish they'd update Trillian already

Sjefke wrote:I heared some rumors about the future of omnisphere..

- being able to run as a standalone host..
- having a patchlist mode
- having 16 part multi's
- parts having up to 4 layers.. including advanced interaction tab..
- being able to host 3rd party VST's and effects..(in the same way it now handles trillian and keyscape)
- an even more advanced arpeggiator..
- improved integration with HW controllers

If i read this, seems that Omnisphere might indeed be moving towards being a livehost competing with mainstage and others..
Today at the marketplace i overheard this and also couple of granies said Omnisphere 3 will have fart-synthesis.

Yeah you heard rumours...wonder where :D it looks like more an excuse to start nonsense tread with your wishlist for omni 3 then rumours.
Last edited by Elektronisch on Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

More bloat.

I heard they are going to "improve" the patch browser categories. Now they split up pads + strings to be just pads, which will have a strings like sub category and a strings category with a pad like sub category. They will also have a noise pad sub category under pads as well as a new ambient pad category under noisescape. Then under polysynth there will be a poly pads sub category and a new poly strings sub category. The Rhythmic category will be totally overhauled to include 8th note and 16th note and 1/4 note lfo sub categories, as well as rhythmic pads of all the above, as well as noisy arps. The arp section will get a distorted 1/4 note sub category and the distortion category will get an 1/8th note arp sub category as well as a 1/6th note lfo rhythmic sub category.

This should all help us find the sounds we are looking for.

Echoes in the Attic wrote:I heard they are going to "improve" the patch browser categories. Now they split up pads + strings to be just pads, which will have a strings like sub category and a strings category with a pad like sub category. They will also have a noise pad sub category under pads as well as a new ambient pad category under noisescape. Then under polysynth there will be a poly pads sub category and a new poly strings sub category. The Rhythmic category will be totally overhauled to include 8th note and 16th note and 1/4 note lfo sub categories, as well as rhythmic pads of all the above, as well as noisy arps. The arp section will get a distorted 1/4 note sub category and the distortion category will get an 1/8th note arp sub category as well as a 1/6th note lfo rhythmic sub category.

This should all help us find the sounds we are looking for.
Never mind the OP... you're a fine chap, where did you hear this? I've been loudly and annoyingly complaining about the current state of affairs since day 1, as many no doubt know. If this rumour is correct, it may be a little bit of an improvement, but it still sounds like they're barking up the wrong tree, furiously mixing adjectives and nouns and thus making it fundamentally impossible to either tag or find with any accuracy. It sorta worked with Omni 1 once you got your head round it, but Omni 2 blew it all to hell and destroyed any hope of 3rd party consistency.

So if they were gonna make more changes, I wish they'd really fix the fundamental conflicts - being able to have more than one category would really help (so a distorted playable texture could go in Distortion and Playable Texture, and at least mitigate against the adjective / noun problem). Oh, and a batch tagging tool sure would help those of us trying, against all sense at this point, to keep 3rd party stuff within a 100 miles of the factory stuff.

Ok, back in me shell....
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

One synth to rule them all, one synth to find them, One synth to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

Where did you hear them?

AnX wrote:
Where did you hear them?
As if i was going to spend another single serious minute on this thread. After all the bloating.

But then, since at least a few people take this serious

It doesnt as much matter where i heared this, but the source was indicated as summer Namm.

Sjefke wrote:
AnX wrote:
Where did you hear them?
As if i was going to spend another single serious minute on this thread. After all the bloating.

But then, since at least a few people take this serious

It doesnt as much matter where i heared this, but the source was indicated as summer Namm.

If you want ppl to take you seriously, back up your claims. If you heard something, let us know who said.

Currently, you have no cred, so its no surprise the thread turned out to be a joke.

There's really not much in my Omnisphere wish list. Maybe a way to select any wave form for osc sync? Kontakt/UVI instrument support? A few more classic analog modeled filters, with feedback and FM? All nice-to-haves, but I have those features in other instruments. Probably better to not have too much more feature bloat.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

The main things for me would be much better optimisation of the granular engine, and some common sense regarding tags.

Return to “Instruments”