Which synth you are learning or sound designing for now?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

been demo'ing Spectral. v1.2.6 works in winxp sp3! woot!
i can see this getting used more than surge if CPU use
wasn't so high on many presets. but i love the GUI.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

RePro1 by U-he

Wiggle. Modulated waveshaping and fm and all that. Gotta wrap my head around it but makes real f*ckin cool sounds easy.

Synthmaster One and MPowersynth. I really should open up Harmor and the Mangle again too.

OP-1, trying to master the workflow :)

Bass Station II
I just started with hardware. Works better and more intuitively for me.

I never got ACE, even when I had a coupon awhile ago I was still too broke to get it. I'm sure I'll get it sometime in the future.

I just got Komplete 11, and I'm really looking forward to learning Rounds and turning it into my workhorse synth.

edit: oh, and also Reaktor Blocks
Last edited by djshire on Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spire

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

Synthmaster and Repro-1

Zebra 2 - been doing a pad package
Alchemy - realized how dumb it is to not learn this monster when I have it
Spire - was trying to emulate a repro1 sound in Diva, but the filters in spire came closer for that particular use, resonant filter sweeps
Nerve - finally grabbed this, now learning how to use it :)

Im designing patches on Beatzille and virtual cz atm.
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

I'm exclusively working with LuSH-101 for current project(s).

I find it has the perfect balance between simplicity and depth of programming.

Which is to say, at its core it's a relatively straightforward subtractive synth, and not particularly complex; but the Layering system, and the inclusion of just the right amount of modulation options, makes it plenty deep in terms of sound design. I keep finding cool new tricks that open new doors in my design work.

The only thing that could pull my attention away is the promised Repro-5.... but I bet at that point I'll just focus on both :P

-M

I am exploring my Fantom G, which I have had since sunday. As always when I get a new synth, first mission is to make my own bass patches, lots of them. I need them to be big, fat, moving (by lfo) and different from just basic bread and butter sounds. When working with romplers I first spend a lot of time to make some analog stylish basses, but then I may add a bell waveform or other digital waveform to give them personal edge. It is always a big challenge to me to make romplers sound as analogish as possible for a start but one that I really like. Often they are filled with boring bread and butter trivia or they are a living dance/trance Hell, like my MC909. I want them to ooze of Berlin School, Synth Pop and Industrial/EBM. Lots of waveforms to go through and layer for the purpose but sooner a later I usually find the ones I need.

Return to “Instruments”