One-Synth-Challenge: General discussion thread

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

top 5 of osc 100 published to spotify

again .. it takes a while for the songs to actually appear on spotify

Huh, ah, nice...quite somee traffic since I left the discussion about a "fx restricted OSC special" ;-)
And I see I have been refered to several times. Therefore I want to share some insights with you.

1.) Oculus VST: That one is all about the peception of space...that is my personal journey and challenge in mixing tracks, meaning to create a virtual space that is broad and deep at the same time. The Oculus VST is just a FX processor that helps like Auborn Panagement does. And I don't own a Rift btw, but still this Oculus VST is *cough cough* easily usabe by using atomation of x,y,z coordinate of the sound source and that will adapt several quality characteristics of the sound. That means there was no special hardware involved in composing https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/pete ... n-in-space

2.) The Melda Stuff...yes, I was pretty much often tempted to use the Melda Toolbox, i.e. analytical tools, i.e. plug-ins that do NOT directly change anything in terms of the resulting product. But actually I didn't. I felt like Frostline suggested (at least I read that between the lines of his post)...it felt wrong...I placed several comments about that kind of plug-ins into the KVR forum and the soundcloud tracks whenever I felt the person is on the same journey than me...i.e. need to *see* collisions to understand how it can *sound* if they are gone. But that was not meant to suggest, I use it on OSC tracks...there's a musicans live beyond OSC ;-)

Anyway Frostline has a good point when he talks about plug-ins the work analytical.
Because think of that: I could use MeldaProduction AutoDanymicEQ[1] to
1.) automatically create EQ bands that match the frequency spectrum of my track to that of a reference track (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctYZpoe ... freload=10) and...
2.) ... I could just dial in the detected bands into the "frequency" EQ of Cubase to be save inside the rules of OSC.
Same apporach could work for AAMS (http://www.curioza.com/) or may be even Izotope Ozone.
But as I said, it feels wrong for me to use that kind of stuff in OSC. But I use them in other tracks because they are very helpfull. That said, I cannot tell what that actually means for OSC...just wanted to share information.

Kind Regards
Peter

[1] Yes, I'm a Melda fan boy. But please be assured, I don't get any incentiv of whatsoever kind from him for continuously refering to his plug-ins...I'm just a fan boy ;-)

It should only feel wrong in the same sense that using presets should feel wrong. Only due to the fact you didn't do 100% of the work on your own but instead relied upon leveraging the work of others or tools in order to accomplish more than you could without them.

It seems like a backward way to view the world in my opinion as anyone with such a view should accomplish far less productive work in their life. It doesn't mean I can't understand or respect those who take that perspective however.

You just have to draw the line somewhere. I mean OSC is all about using free VST plug-ins that you didn't make on your own. I don't see many entries made by scrawling waveforms on a cave wall.
Ambrose Bierce wrote:CLOCK, n. A machine of great moral value to man, allaying his concern
for the future by reminding him what a lot of time remains to him.

A busy man complained one day:
"I get no time!" "What's that you say?"
Cried out his friend, a lazy quiz;
"You have, sir, all the time there is.
There's plenty, too, and don't you doubt it--
We're never for an hour without it."
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

top 5 osc 99 is on spotify
https://open.spotify.com/album/0AZT2dZZM5d7SbaAOJP30B

EDIT: noticed something is wrong with the file from ZeroFox
see if I can fix it

EDIT EDIT .. no

I'll have to take it down and redo the whole shebang

Contacted support and they are gonna fix the song.

] Peter:H [ wrote: [1] Yes, I'm a Melda fan boy. But please be assured, I don't get any incentiv of whatsoever kind from him for continuously refering to his plug-ins...I'm just a fan boy ;-)
Right there with ya man. Love me some melda.

Armagibbon wrote:
] Peter:H [ wrote: [1] Yes, I'm a Melda fan boy. But please be assured, I don't get any incentiv of whatsoever kind from him for continuously refering to his plug-ins...I'm just a fan boy ;-)
I love MUnison for vocals. Great stuff, especially on those Vocaloids.

wagtunes wrote:
Armagibbon wrote:
I love MUnison for vocals. Great stuff, especially on those Vocaloids.
Yeah, there are so many cool plug-ins in the Melda box, I think I'll need ages to check them out all. I bought me the totalbundle at last years black friday...it was just to tempting ;-) But I think i have only figured out 5% if any of the functions by now...
Good tipp, Steven, I will give Munisono a try with Plogues Alter Ego probably soon.

OkOkay
I just posted something here to remind me somehow to come back later and try to play, this game seems good, even if I'm quite used to using a lot of effects, so my participation may depend a lot on the synth, but I'll try, we'll see !
Hello !
Bye !

Sorry for the looooooooooooooooooooooooonnggg delay.
But finally the top 5 of osc 98 are on Spotify.
https://open.spotify.com/album/6X4OkxBWQWQwJM7DSMueDS

No Submissions/Chat for Blooo?

Hey ! I don't understand, Isn't high end broken ?
Why is everything above 11kHz not computed when you play a F... while a whole new octave of harmonics is added when you play a E, filling space till 22kHz ? It makes E sound greater and brighter than F, and F is really crap. Like, I'm feeling deaf. Is there some kind of optimization that I can get rid of so that my computer computes the final octave till 44kHz so that I can have my 22kHz in the worst case or am I missing something ?

Yes I'm talking about blooo but I didn't find the thread linked to this topic. :tu:

Rob West wrote:No Submissions/Chat for Blooo?
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=488865
Win10 x64, Reaper 6.XX x64, i5-3330, 8gb ram, GTX-970, UC-33, Panorama P4, Wharfedale Diamond 8.2 and JVC HA-RX700

Dj Pomme wrote:Why is everything above 11kHz not computed when you play a F... while a whole new octave of harmonics is added when you play a E
I replied to your post in the other thread: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=488865&p=6844688#p6844688
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

Return to “Instruments”