XSRDO Patchwork modular

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I definitely need a spare pc only for VST testing...
Hahahah otherwise my daw ends up being full of different vsts and plug-in and takes me 50min longer to find my mixing plugins when am working.

Hi all!

1st of all ty for this wonderful and low CPU modular. I still have Sonigen in my arsenal, but it feels I'm better with your XSRDO for now Kirsty. ;)

Just a small question: In older screenshots ther's tabs on top og GUI (Synthesizer / Sequencer / Effects). What happend to this in the actual version? I just don't want to learn something wrong from scratch. I'm workin with Cubase Elements 7, 64bit Windows.

Additional question, I also had about Sonigen: Could I crash my ears by doin' experiments or is there kind of limiter, that take care of heavy clicks, beeps or whatever?

Ah, one more question: Why is it fixed to 36 modules? Internal reasons or is it garbage to make it endless, like Sonigen is?

Last lol: Would be cool to have an init empty patch by default when you release the next version. ;)

Cruba wrote: Just a small question: In older screenshots ther's tabs on top og GUI (Synthesizer / Sequencer / Effects). What happend to this in the actual version? I just don't want to learn something wrong from scratch. I'm workin with Cubase Elements 7, 64bit Windows.
These are now all modules like everything else so no need for pages/tabs.
The sequencer was broken down into basic components/building blocks so you can now build your own. See patch examples.
The effects are modules like any other part of the synth.
Cruba wrote: Additional question, I also had about Sonigen: Could I crash my ears by doin' experiments or is there kind of limiter, that take care of heavy clicks, beeps or whatever?
The synth should behave itself unless you patch anything daft like pink noise to output at full volume with massive reverb.
Cruba wrote: Ah, one more question: Why is it fixed to 36 modules? Internal reasons or is it garbage to make it endless, like Sonigen is?
Yes internal reasons. It's due to the way I handled file name access in code. If I remove the Wavetable and Sample modules (which need *.wav file access) Patchwork could have many more module slots.
Cruba wrote: Last lol: Would be cool to have an init empty patch by default when you release the next version. ;)
I just load a Basic patch from file. There's one included in the patches folder.

Kirsty :)

Thanky for the fast reply! Now I know what I've to do this weekend... ;)

Updated to V1.091

Fixed bug with broken 'loop mode' LED on Sample Module. Replaced it with a switch.
Added 'boost' switch to Output Module to boost output volume if needed.

Download http://xsrdo.blogspot.co.uk
Regards Kirsty

XSRDO Patchwork Modular System Updated to v1.1

Features
36 virtual racks
80+ virtual modules
Insert any module into any rack
Insert multiple modules
Movable modules
Load & Save preset programs
Fully user skinnable including three alternate skin examples
Many example patches included
Choice of label font sizes
Quick access on module help option
Comprehensive help manual included
XSRDO Wavetable Maker program included

Typical system requirements
Microsoft Windows 7+ Operating system
Intel core CPU
1 GB Ram
12MB for the VSTi
Optional 20MB+ for the system files (waveforms, wavetables, samples etc...)
1920 x 1080 resolution display monitor

- New Vintage Modular Skin Available
- Some new modules
- Improvements to the GUI and DSP engine
- Animated LED lights and displays

Free download
http://xsrdo.blogspot.co.uk/

Great, thank you Kirsty !

OMG Thank you very much Kirsty! :hug: Super cool update and skins too :party:
:phones:

Thank you Kristy! 8)
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Oh boy - I know what I am doing tonight!!

Thanks Kristy!

Ooh nice! Looks like I'll be busy this weekend. :D
Dave

Kirsty :wink:

kirsty roland wrote:Image
Kirsty :wink:
Looks great, but leaves me confused...

Is it a mockup of new modules to come (Korg MS series)?
Where are the patch points for those modules?

Looks like great new things to come...

Cheers,
Martin

martin_l wrote:
It's a fully working prototype with a modified graphics engine. Korg inspired, but with a different skin it can look like anything else.
martin_l wrote:Where are the patch points for those modules?
I reasoned that a lot of cables in a patch don't get altered after being set up so I moved them to a back panel.

Front

Back

kirsty roland wrote:
martin_l wrote:
It's a fully working prototype with a modified graphics engine. Korg inspired, but with a different skin it can look like anything else.
martin_l wrote:Where are the patch points for those modules?
I reasoned that a lot of cables in a patch don't get altered after being set up so I moved them to a back panel.

Front

Back

Wow. That looks promising!

By the way, I wanted to ask whether it would be possible to make the framework optionally 4 rows and/or more rows?

Thanks,
Martin

Return to “Modular Synthesis”