Syntronik [update March 2018: New T-03 Bonus Content & 4-for-1 bass synth promo] available

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Syntronik 1

Numanoid wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:and can be used in Falcon
Falcon? Then you need to jack the total price of UVI up another 2/3

While with IKM a user can even import SampleTank 3 libs into Syntronik, no extra charge.

My conclusion: Are you an UVI fanboi, or just got a problem with IKM?
and you talking about fanboi which you should definetly not in your case , as it looks like to me you are the fanboi of IKM if you reading your statements behind the lines , you dont even know that Sampletank 3 Librarys can not be imported into Syntronik , thats total wrong what you are saying there .

JJ_Jettflow wrote:
Bump1 wrote:
You can record a fart, give it an envelope and a filter and make the argument it's a synth.
That would be a sample-based synth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sample-based_synthesis
:hihi:

I don't consider myself a fanboi of IK, but I have to say I'm impressed with Syntronik. And I'm only using the free version. I can only imagine how good the full version must be. Good stuff!

Awesome! what a whole lotta sounds! Could you do a d50 expansion pack? And start a multis exchange club? Or sell multis from mr.rudess? :clap:

zimmerabc wrote:Awesome! what a whole lotta sounds! Could you do a d50 expansion pack? And start a multis exchange club? Or sell multis from mr.rudess? :clap:
Roland has always been pretty strict about others sampling the D50, and now that they have a virtual version available, that isn't likely to change.
I wish I could sing as well as the voices inside my head...

http://www.cdbaby.com/darkvictory

Russell Grand wrote:I don't consider myself a fanboi of IK, but I have to say I'm impressed with Syntronik. And I'm only using the free version. I can only imagine how good the full version must be. Good stuff!
Yep. I've only tried out a few presets from the full version because everything is so usable that I've just been layering and saving different versions of the layers. You absolutely can shape the sound enough to do creative things..so basically I've been playing and not twisting knobs in my time with it, which is what I enjoy about the product. I have a few other things around for when I want to really twist knobs.

Some 3rd parties did it legally. Bpm- delay and better reverb in one patch would be great.

zimmerabc wrote:Some 3rd parties did it legally. Bpm- delay and better reverb in one patch would be great.
There's BRM sync on the Tape Echo, and if you use sampletank there are a few other options for BPM(I'd have to look to be more specific).

I just want to bring up one thing regarding the comments on Ghetto's "attitude".

Here's the problem. I'll demonstrate with a short example.

John: X is not Y.

Joe: Yes it is. X IS Y

John: Not, it's not and here's the reason why.

Joe: You're wrong. And when I get X I'll prove to you it's Y.

John: (Finally fed up after about an hour of this) Look you...

And so on.

If you look at the very beginning of this thread (and I did go through the whole thing to see where this conversation went south) Ghetto didn't start out trying to make anybody look stupid or anything like that. He simply stated the facts because he understood the architecture after it was explained to him by Tom himself and immediately understood EXACTLY what this thing was and tried to get it across to others. But others wouldn't listen. They had their feet planted firmly in the sand and they were going to insist that Syntronik was something that it was not. Yet, even I eventually saw what Syntronik was and I'm a dimwitted dolt according to many here. But in spite of the evidence, others here clung on to their view as if calling this thing exactly what it was (a rompler) was an insult, a dirty word.

That's when Ghetto might have started getting a little snooty. And at this point, who could blame him.

The problem with KVR is that there are a lot of people here who just have to be right. All the time. Admitting their wrong is something they just can't do.

And that's why we have so many threads like these and I'm sick of them.

I'm sure Syntronik is a great rompler for the sounds it provides.

It's just not something, as a sound designer, I'm interested in.

Hopefully, one day, somebody will come out with an A6 VST.

That I will gladly pay for.

And now you can all get back to your arguing about what Syntronik is and isn't.

Because why should KVR change now?

Lol its a rompler
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Elektronisch wrote:People say that they love romplers because there is no need to fiddle around to make the sound.
On the flip side of the same token...this is how everybody gets caught up in the culture of sounding the same. It's why Nexus took such a red-headed-stepchild beating. It's why I hate Sylenth and Serum. Even though these last two ARE synths, they were/are used largely by their presets.

The DX7 came out and, due to the FM engine having such a learning curve, was fastly relegated to a preset machine. That's why those 80's records had all the same E.Piano, Brass and Marimba sounds over and over again

In *general*, I despise presets. For me, nothing is a creative drain like sifting through hundreds of presets. Especially hundreds of the same bread and butter sounds. I use that term generously because many are just stale.

If that's your palette, then more power to you; But don't fault users for criticizing the product for what it COULD be. Some companies actually listen to these gripes because they want to learn how to make their products not suck.

Bump1 wrote:
Elektronisch wrote:People say that they love romplers because there is no need to fiddle around to make the sound.
On the flip side of the same token...this is how everybody gets caught up in the culture of sounding the same. It's why Nexus took such a red-headed-stepchild beating. It's why I hate Sylenth and Serum. Even though these last two ARE synths, they were/are used largely by their presets.

The DX7 came out and, due to the FM engine having such a learning curve, was fastly relegated to a preset machine. That's why those 80's records had all the same E.Piano, Brass and Marimba sounds over and over again

In *general*, I despise presets. For me, nothing is a creative drain like sifting through hundreds of presets. Especially hundreds of the same bread and butter sounds. I use that term generously because many are just stale.

If that's your palette, then more power to you; But don't fault users for criticizing the product for what it COULD be. Some companies actually listen to these gripes because they want to learn how to make their products not suck.
It's a double edged sword. If you make sounds that are too "weird" you get looks like "wtf?"

One only need listen to the radio to understand this. Truth is, you really CAN'T be different. You need to fit in a mold. Yes, there has to be something interesting about you. What that is, is open to debate and another subject. But you can't be totally bat crap crazy with your music. There has to be something there that the average listener can identify with.

Yes, there have been pioneers. And those are the ones who everybody and their grandmother copied. But it's harder to be a pioneer these days because, let's face it, it's pretty much all been done. Write a song. Record it and play it for me and I guarantee you I'll find something in the past 50 years that sounds like it.

So the truth is, given the nature of "commercial" music, and I stress the word "commercial" there is almost no reason to go beyond synth presets.

So I got the free version & like other said & I agree... its really good. I cpuld really layer away with the fx & the arp & change the filters & be content. A strong plus to this is IK has split up the libraries... which I think is a good idea. As good as the intro price was I couldnt really see having 50 gbs of stuff no matter how good it is since I already have UVI & Kontakt stuff AND all of the older libraries from IK.

That being said, from those who have the full version which synth from this collection is the standout in your opinion? Personally, I like something can do sub basses as well as hogh screechy lead sounds. Im thinking the Pro V or the ARP moodular would be a good 1 to buy. But Im sure the rest of the module's have some more versatility than the free version.
I read more than post = I listen more than I talk

Conversation is always good, and appreciated. We are listening to suggestions and Syntronik does not suck at being what it was intended to be (I've posted that a few times in this thread, including some excellent descriptions and details from the Product Manager) and we'll likely be implementing features that are along those lines into Syntronik and consider suggestions with regard to ideas for other types of products in their proper context too.

Although the Syntronik sounds show up inside ST3, I'm not seeing any way to load ST3 sounds into Syntronik. Are you sure they can be loaded in the free version?
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Instruments”